Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Game of 2005 (not counting division games)

SUSkinsFan

The San Diego game was pretty good as well, until the fourth quarter.

Our defense looked great for 3 quarters and, even after allowing the Chargers to tie, made a huge play on the INT to give us a shot at the W. That was an entertaining game.

What's amazing is that, even during the 3 game losing streak that followed the Philly win on Sunday night, we were playing decent football. We could have very easily won all 3 of those games (though the Raider game was ugly as Hell and we deserved to lose).

From a pure happiness standpoint, the SF game was the best to sit back and relax. The St. Louis game was probably the most dominating (offense, def, Spec. teams) all around non-divisional game. I like the Seattle OT game.

I disagree with counting loses as entertaining-- I want to win dammit. :silly:

The first quarter of the Tampa Bay playoff game was amazing to watch, but watching them trying to protect the lead for three quarters on defensive might alone was agonizing.

So I would have to say the Seattle game. Was there a 3rd down we didn't convert? And Josh Brown's missed field goal to send the game into OT was the first time my FG telepathy actually worked. I love that excellent block Moss made when Cooley had the ball. The celebratory fistpump was classic. The game also gave us our first 3-0 start in a long time.

I'll give you two--week 15 & week 16 (in fact, I'm surprised that not many have picked these games). It has been a loooooong time since the Skins played a division rival at home, in December, with everything on the line (for both teams). And with our entire season on the line, we completely dominated the team & the game BOTH TIMES!!!

Let's remember that the whole world was saying the Cowboys would come to town pissed off over week 2 & hand us our lunch. Their playoff hopes were on the line too. Not only did we beat em that day, but we mandhandled em & it wasn't even close! Pure joy!

Then week 16 rolls around & its basicly the same deal. The G-men were supposed to show up at Fedex & prove who's Boss. Remember, all that was on the line for them was winning the NFC East on our field. And of course most of the "experts" picked em to pick us apart. And then we killed them too!!!

When was the last time you saw the Skins take down 2 quality division opponents back-to-back with such high stakes involved in each game? That is my ultimate from last year (even over the 1st cowboy game)......

I'll give you two--week 15 & week 16 (in fact, I'm surprised that not many have picked these games). It has been a loooooong time since the Skins played a division rival at home, in December, with everything on the line (for both teams). And with our entire season on the line, we completely dominated the team & the game BOTH TIMES!!!

Let's remember that the whole world was saying the Cowboys would come to town pissed off over week 2 & hand us our lunch. Their playoff hopes were on the line too. Not only did we beat em that day, but we mandhandled em & it wasn't even close! Pure joy!

Then week 16 rolls around & its basicly the same deal. The G-men were supposed to show up at Fedex & prove who's Boss. Remember, all that was on the line for them was winning the NFC East on our field. And of course most of the "experts" picked em to pick us apart. And then we killed them too!!!

When was the last time you saw the Skins take down 2 quality division opponents back-to-back with such high stakes involved in each game? That is my ultimate from last year (even over the 1st cowboy game)......

No one said these games because he asked which games NOT counting division games.

Definetly the TB game.

How can anyone say the best game was one in which Sean Taylor didn't play? I really liked the Chiefs game, because even though we lost, Santana was nasty, ST laid that ridiculous hit on Priest, and Al Saunders and Gregg Williams squared off in KC, the hardest road game there is. If not for that damned fumble, we'd have won, too. The bad thing was that that no name white guy owned Chris and our O line, racking up four sacks, and Greg Blache was still running the stand-up pass rush scheme that generated NO pressure on opposing QBs.

The TB game was horrible! We had them and blew it several times. We even had a chance to run out the clock and couldn't get 3 lousy yards and then let Brian friggin Griese drive on us and then to make matters worse the Refs gave that Riggins wanna be Alstott an extra yard to put them up by one and then with plenty of time we can't even get into FG range! I am sorry for going off but any game that we lose and especially like that one is awful. It took me weeks to get over that loss. I don't care if we lose by a point and it was high scoring if we lost the game I never ever want to see it again!!!! I love when we blow people out and there is no suspense. The SF game was my absolute favorite along with the 35-7 win over Dallas!!!!

Archived