Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where's Ty Law Going?

HoyaSkins28

I know its all dreaming that the Skins would land Ty Law but I'm curious to where he's going. After the Packers signed Charles Woodson they were out of the Ty Law race and I'm just curious to see whose after him and why a guy of his caliber hasnt been signed yet.

I know this is unthinkable but imagine our secondary with him. Taylor, Arch, Law, Springs, Rogers...

I know its all dreaming that the Skins would land Ty Law but I'm curious to where he's going. After the Packers signed Charles Woodson they were out of the Ty Law race and I'm just curious to see whose after him and why a guy of his caliber hasnt been signed yet.

I know this is unthinkable but imagine our secondary with him. Taylor, Arch, Law, Springs, Rogers...

i think the addition of TY law would give us a chance to have the #1 D in the league.. but apparently we don't have the money...

i would be my last dollar that he is going to have to crawl back to New England..

although i wish he would be a skin

yeh I can't imagine him going anywhere but back to NE bc he is just asking ridiculous amounts for an old guy, but even still he did have mad interceptions last year. Whoever gets him is getting one hell of a player but one thaty doesn't have many left in him.

Ty Law was a great player in New England and he is still a very good corner. He has his rings and is only looking for the big paycheck now, if I was a GM I would not give him any more than a 1 year 2 million dollar deal. He will end up somewhere like Arizona or maye even Seattle.

yeh I can't imagine him going anywhere but back to NE bc he is just asking ridiculous amounts for an old guy, but even still he did have mad interceptions last year. Whoever gets him is getting one hell of a player but one thaty doesn't have many left in him.

He led the league in INTs...

I wouldn't be suprised if he went back to NE, but he's a year older and isn't the player he once was. The new 5 yard contatc rule hurt his game.

Too old too old, he was already breaking down last year - although he got those interceptions look at how rarely he "locked down" an opposing WR. Plus it seems like every RB in the league juked him out of his jock. Not exactly what we need to bring into a team like ours.:2cents:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ty_Law

Law went on to have a great season with the Jets, amassing a career-high 10 interceptions and was the only Jet voted into the Pro Bowl (Jonathan Vilma was named to the pro bowl as well, but that was due to an injury to Miami's Zach Thomas, not by means of popular vote by the fans). Despite his great success with the Jets, Ty Law was released by the New York Jets on February 22, 2006 because he wanted out of New York and the Jets were also a projected $30 million over the salary cap for 2006. Law was due to make $7.6 million for 2006. Since being released, he has been courted by several teams, but has yet to resign. Teams interested include the New England Patriots, Seattle Seahawks, Tennessee Titans, Arizona Cardinals and Kansas City Chiefs.

He led the league in INTs...

I wouldn't be suprised if he went back to NE, but he's a year older and isn't the player he once was. The new 5 yard contatc rule hurt his game.

Leading the league in interceptions means nothing. It says nothing about passes defensed, how many times he was beat deep, or how many pass interference calls. You just can't judge how good a corner is over interceptions, especially when corners who usually lead the league in interceptions are thrown on so much due to always getting beat.

Leading the league in interceptions means nothing. It says nothing about passes defensed, how many times he was beat deep, or how many pass interference calls. You just can't judge how good a corner is over interceptions, especially when corners who usually lead the league in interceptions are thrown on so much due to always getting beat.

I know, I actually misread the original post I quoted.

My bust.

Archived