Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Giants are loaded.......

Tom [Giants fan]

I just think it was hilarious how when we signed Santana Moss, all we heard from the media was how overrated he was, and injury prone he was. So now the Giants go out and sign his little brother, who hasn't shown a thing in the NFL (yet) and he is being hailed as a super pick up and a big improvement to the Giants passing game.

Just saying.....

About Moss....

His impact may not be measured by numbers.

Tim Carter is the speedster on the Giants. But he drops the ball like no one else and can't stay healthy. He's the Giants "deep threat", but teams are willing to gamble and not worry about him too much because they know he can't consistently catch the ball.

Suppose Moss goes out and wins the #3 spot in camp, and in his first 3 games, catches 4 bombs from Eli Manning for over 40 yards each and scores on 3 of them.

You think teams are going to ignore him too, like they did with Carter?

Tim Carter is the speedster on the Giants. But he drops the ball like no one else and can't stay healthy. He's the Giants "deep threat", but teams are willing to gamble and not worry about him too much because they know he can't consistently catch the ball.

It's unfortunate for the giants he could never stay healthy. He could have been special.

About Moss....

Suppose Moss goes out and wins the #3 spot in camp, and in his first 3 games, catches 4 bombs from Eli Manning for over 40 yards each and scores on 3 of them.

And suppose Moss, like his brother, is injured in the first five games along with Carter and all of a sudden the giants are depleted at WR instead of LB. Do you think the D and Tiki can carry the team through an even tougher schedule? Especially in a division where every other team has markedly improved as well? Counting on a rookie WR to stretch is very risky considering how hard the transition from college is.

And suppose Moss, like his brother, is injured in the first five games along with Carter and all of a sudden the giants are depleted at WR instead of LB. Do you think the D and Tiki can carry the team through an even tougher schedule? Especially in a division where every other team has markedly improved as well? Counting on a rookie WR to stretch is very risky considering how hard the transition from college is.

You're telling me Moss can't use his speed and run fly routes down the sideline?

About Moss....

If Sinorice Moss catches 4 passes for 3TDs and a ypc of over 40 yards in his first four games then I think you could say his impact could be measured by numbers. Unfortunately, I don't think that will not come even close to happening.

I'm surprised so many Giants fans think this guy can be a stud right out the box. Even as a #3 WR, this guy is going to face a stiff learning curve in the NFL because of his size. Not to mention that the guy didn't even come close to doing what Santana did at the college level. Santana was a three year star who broke Michael Irvin's all-time yardage record. Sinorice's best college season of 614 yards and 6TDs would have been Santana's fourth best year at Miami. Sinorice also put up three very pedestrian years at WR before breaking out so to speak last year. I don't know why he wouldn't do the same at the pro level.

I think Sinorice is going to need at least a couple years to learn how to play the game at his size in the NFL. Even starting out as a #3 option (which Santana did as well) he'll struggle early in his career. I think the kind of immediate break out some are hypothesizing/hoping for him is a ways off.

Just a little defensive aren't we?

The giant have done about as well as the Skins so there's not much to discuss there. As for bashing Tiki, I don't think addressing Tiki's age is bashing him. Certainly it's easier to be old at QB than at RB. I think that's a genuine point to be made. The Skins have an aging QB and young RB, whereas the giants have a young QB and aging RB. Personally I'd rather have it our way than yours. As for our backup QB spots, I'll take Campbell and Collins over Johnson and Hasselbeck any day of the week. Most people outside the giants fans and organization would.

C'mon. You know you want the Hefty Lefty as one of your backups :D:cheers:

If Sinorice Moss catches 4 passes for 3TDs and a ypc of over 40 yards in his first four games then I think you could say his impact could be measured by numbers. Unfortunately, I don't think that will not come even close to happening.

But after that, teams will have to realize the Giants have a legit deep threat and they can't gamble like they did with Carter in there. That'll open up Shockey, Burress, Toomer, Barber to do stuff.

You guys are laughable you guys make the playoffs once in 6 years and its on to the superbowl.

We had the 3rd most penalties in the NFL (mostly on the O-line who all played together for the first time last year) and we still had a top 5 offense. Trust me the offense is not something we will worry about. If I were a redskins fan I would worry more that Brunell will go back to his 2004 form and the skins will go back to scoring 7 points a game.

I did not state anything about a superbowl :rolleyes:

The OP stated that the Giants are loaded and I was making a few points as to why I think otherwise...

But after that, teams will have to realize the Giants have a legit deep threat and they can't gamble like they did with Carter in there. That'll open up Shockey, Burress, Toomer, Barber to do stuff.

Rookies rarely make big impacts...keep hoping.

I think it is more of what Eli is going to do this year. He had a AVERAGE year last year b/c he only completed 1/2 of his passes. If he continues to struggle like that then they don't have a chance in the division. As for Moss, I don't see him doing much this year b/c simply he is a rookie. I also don't see Tiki (who is a great running back) having the same kind of season as he did last year.

:doh:

Yes, because rookies obviously have hard times running fly routes.

You really think it's that easy? You're kidding yourself. Santana had over twice the college career that Sinorce had and it still took him over two years to put up significant numbers in the NFL, even as a #3 WR. And Santana has elite NFL speed so it's obviously a little more complicated then just running a fly route.

You really think it's that easy? You're kidding yourself. Santana had over twice the college career that Sinorce had and it still took him over two years to put up significant numbers in the NFL, even as a #3 WR. And Santana has elite NFL speed so it's obviously a little more complicated then just running a fly route.

Yeah, but if Moss goes depe and catches a few balls, teams will have to take notice.

In the past, Tim Carter struck fear into no one. if teams begin to fear that Moss will actually catch the ball, they'll do something about it. That'll have an impact on everyone else, both on offense and defense.

Werent We Loaded With Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, Dana Stubblefield Ect. Thats What The 07 Giants Remind Me Of. Over Priced Geezers. That Formula Dosent Work. They Need To Put That Loaded Gun To There Head And Kill Themselves.

Your joking right? The New York Giants are gonna be scary as hell this season. It's between us and the Giants to whos gonna win the division. Philly might sneak into the race. The Cowboys won't even make the playoffs becuase their offensive line sucks, their qb is a statue, if T.O can't get the ball he will destroy team chemistry along with vanderjerk, and their secondary is a question mark. Everybody is like "Watch out for the Cowboys, they could suprise alot of people this year!!!!!!!!!!" Im like " Yea suprise everybody how much of a dissapointment they will be..."

Giants/Redskins

Eagles

Cowboys

Thats the division places.

WR usually take 3 years to peak in the NFL

The Giants are looking for him to peak year 1. Moss isn't going to be taken over for Burress or Toomer anytime soon, unless the injury bug comes into play.

As Redskin fans, who are you more afraid of? A Tim Carter with great speed who can't catch, or a Sinorice Moss with great speed who can catch?

The Giants are looking for him to peak year 1. Moss isn't going to be taken over for Burress or Toomer anytime soon, unless the injury bug comes into play.

As Redskin fans, who are you more afraid of? A Tim Carter with great speed who can't catch, or a Sinorice Moss with great speed who can catch?

Is Carter ever off the IR?

How about neither.

You're kidding right? Firstly, the giants QB hardly has the accuracy to be successfully and consistently tossing 60 yard bombs to a 5'8" rookie WR who is just learning a whole new system and has to learn to use his speed to avoid the jams he'll face at the line of scrimmage while conceptualizing the speed difference of the NFL versus college while running way more precise routes than any team requires at the college level where he routinely went up against guys who couldn't even make ballboy in the NFL. Meanwhile he's apparently going to be running nothing but fly routes every game on every offensive play IF the giants even start him along with Burress and Toomer while not using their FB to make lanes for their all-pro RB in Tiki who touched the ball 400+ times last year so they can play the 3 WR set most of the game, which will of course fool everyone every time they do it. I don't know if I could make those sentences longer but the absurdity of Sinorice Moss breaking out in his rookie year as some sort of deep threat is laugable at best. Is it possible? Anything is. However think back over the past ten years and you can probably name the WR's that came out of college and had breakout rookie years. Essentially you're comparing the drafting of Sinorice Moss to the likes of Randy Moss, Anquan Boldin, Keyshawn, T Glenn, and Marvin Harrison?

:insane:

I'm not disputing that the giants made some nice improvements to their team for the upcoming year, but painting Sinorice Moss as the second coming of Randy Moss is fully ridiculous. I suppose that means he's more of a talent at WR than TO, Santana Moss, Chad Johnson and any number of better WR prospects that came out and had merely adequate to quite underwhelming first years in the NFL.

You're kidding right? Firstly, the giants QB hardly has the accuracy to be successfully and consistently tossing 60 yard bombs to a 5'8" rookie WR who is just learning a whole new system and has to learn to use his speed to avoid the jams he'll face at the line of scrimmage while conceptualizing the speed difference of the NFL versus college while running way more precise routes than any team requires at the college level where he routinely went up against guys who couldn't even make ballboy in the NFL. Meanwhile he's apparently going to be running nothing but fly routes every game on every offensive play IF the giants even start him along with Burress and Toomer while not using their FB to make lanes for their all-pro RB in Tiki who touched the ball 400+ times last year so they can play the 3 WR set most of the game, which will of course fool everyone every time they do it. I don't know if I could make those sentences longer but the absurdity of Sinorice Moss breaking out in his rookie year as some sort of deep threat is laugable at best. Is it possible? Anything is. However think back over the past ten years and you can probably name the WR's that came out of college and had breakout rookie years. Essentially you're comparing the drafting of Sinorice Moss to the likes of Randy Moss, Anquan Boldin, Keyshawn, T Glenn, and Marvin Harrison?

How about that bomb Manning threw the second Redskins game that Burress didn't come down with? Wasn't the greatest throw, but he got it there.

I'm not saying Sinorice Moss (ya know, it's terribly annoying to be talking about 3 Moss's on a Redskins site..I just find it funny), will be the next Randy Moss or TO or Chad Johnson. I'm not saying he'll shatter every record in the books.

What I am saying is if Moss establishes himself as a deep threat, which is possible because 1) he's not Tim Carter, 2) he has hands and he can catch the ball and 3) the Giants are using him as a #3 reciever, meaning he won't be on the field every play and when he is, there's a chance he could go long any minute with speed like his.

Let's say the Giants put Moss out there for 20 offensive plays in Week 1 and he goes deep 7 times. 3 times the ball isn't thrown to him (as the play isn't designed for him), he catches the ball three times and picks up big yardage, and one pass is knocked down.

Are you telling me teams aren't going to start paying attention to Moss if he starts off the season hot?

Break out? I don't expect Moss to have over 5 touchdowns this season. What I think he'll do is stretch the field, make some nice catches for big yardage, and make teams realize that the Giants know can burn you with their #3 reciever.

How about that bomb Manning threw the second Redskins game that Burress didn't come down with? Wasn't the greatest throw, but he got it there.

Thanks for proving my point for me. :D

Are you telling me teams aren't going to start paying attention to Moss if he starts off the season hot?

No, what I am saying is that the odds of Sinorice Moss starting off the season hot are infinitesimal.

Archived