Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Giants are loaded.......

Tom [Giants fan]

From Vic Carucci....

"For what this is worth to the New York Giants and their fans, I continually hear observers around the league describing the team as being "loaded." I think that's an accurate assessment of their defensive front seven, and that their passing game could take a big step forward with the addition of rookie deep threat Sinorice Moss. But with questions at other positions, including quarterback, I still don't know whether it will be enough to allow them to win what could be the most balanced and competitive division in the league."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9517038

Werent We Loaded With Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, Dana Stubblefield Ect. Thats What The 07 Giants Remind Me Of. Over Priced Geezers. That Formula Dosent Work. They Need To Put That Loaded Gun To There Head And Kill Themselves.

Werent We Loaded With Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, Dana Stubblefield Ect. Thats What The 07 Giants Remind Me Of. Over Priced Geezers. That Formula Dosent Work. They Need To Put That Loaded Gun To There Head And Kill Themselves.

The Giants have more than just old veterans, they have some very good young players in their prime as well. That's the difference.

I don't really understand why everyone thinks Moss will have an immediate impact. He won't. Mark my words -- it will be at the earliest year 2, but most likely year 3 in his career before he makes a profound impact.

Seems to be true for most WRs in the NFL. I don't see why Moss would be any different. Even his brother didn't break out until last year..

Seems to be true for most WRs in the NFL. I don't see why Moss would be any different. Even his brother didn't break out until last year..

What would you consider 74 grabs for 1105 yards with 10 TDs then?

He did that in 2003.

Out of curosity when speaking of the front 7...what do the Giants DT's look like this year?

We know about the ends....but didn't they lose some starters in the middle?[/Quote]

The Giants lose Clancey. They have Fred Robbins, William Joseph, Jonas Seawright, Barry Cofield. All have a lot of potential and look good in minicamps but they don't have pads on, yet. Joseph has been improving and Robbins is very serviceable. It is Seawright and Cofield they are expecting big things from. It isn't like they are weak at the position but no one knows how strong they are either.

I'll grant you that the "D" is loaded, (insert Strahan joke here), but the issues with the Giants this year will be the Offense. Plexiglass is pissing and moaning. Shockey's never happy. Tiki is getting older. Eli is overrated, (don't get me wrong, he may turn out to be a real good QB, but he's not as good as the NY press seems to make him out to be), he was exposed last year, as was the "O" line. The team chemistry, that is essential for good teams, down the stretch, doesn't appear to be there. I think this year is a 2-team race between us, and Dallas. If T.O. causes a meltdown, then it'll be down to us and Tom's beloved Giants. Philly's Offense will keep them out of contention.....

I'll grant you that the "D" is loaded, (insert Strahan joke here), but the issues with the Giants this year will be the Offense. Plexiglass is pissing and moaning. Shockey's never happy. Tiki is getting older. Eli is overrated, (don't get me wrong, he may turn out to be a real good QB, but he's not as good as the NY press seems to make him out to be), he was exposed last year, as was the "O" line. The team chemistry, that is essential for good teams, down the stretch, doesn't appear to be there. I think this year is a 2-team race between us, and Dallas. If T.O. causes a meltdown, then it'll be down to us and Tom's beloved Giants. Philly's Offense will keep them out of contention.....

You guys are laughable you guys make the playoffs once in 6 years and its on to the superbowl.

We had the 3rd most penalties in the NFL (mostly on the O-line who all played together for the first time last year) and we still had a top 5 offense. Trust me the offense is not something we will worry about. If I were a redskins fan I would worry more that Brunell will go back to his 2004 form and the skins will go back to scoring 7 points a game.

What would you consider 74 grabs for 1105 yards with 10 TDs then?

He did that in 2003.

I'd call that pretty good. He didn't break out as a top 10 WR until this year. For comparison, his 2003 season wouldn't even make the top ten last year in receptions or receiving yards. In fact, in 2003 he wasn't in the top ten with those numbers either.

I'd call that pretty good. He didn't break out as a top 10 WR until this year. For comparison, his 2003 season wouldn't even make the top ten last year in receptions or receiving yards. In fact, in 2003 he wasn't in the top ten with those numbers either.

He had 10 TDs which was top 5;).

The problem with the Giants isn't personnel (though WR is a problem and Eli is...well, I'm not sure what he is yet)...no, the problem is Couglin.

It's about this time in that kind of coaches' tenure where the cracks start to form. The vets wise up to his 'dictates.'

Personnel put up with the crap until a team begins to lose three in a row. Then, the whole thing crumbles.

The problem with the Giants isn't personnel (though WR is a problem and Eli is...well, I'm not sure what he is yet)...no, the problem is Couglin.

It's about this time in that kind of coaches' tenure where the cracks start to form. The vets wise up to his 'dictates.'

Personnel put up with the crap until a team begins to lose three in a row. Then, the whole thing crumbles.

There are many cracks already. Some have been addressed like a pot hole. Quick patch it until we can take care of the whole road later. Other cracks are open, waiting to expand. Speaking of DE's, the giants are loaded. Last year the other new jersey team was said to be loaded at DE. They fell because that was all they had. Another similarity was they had no good backup QB.

You guys are laughable you guys make the playoffs once in 6 years and its on to the superbowl.

We had the 3rd most penalties in the NFL (mostly on the O-line who all played together for the first time last year) and we still had a top 5 offense. Trust me the offense is not something we will worry about. If I were a redskins fan I would worry more that Brunell will go back to his 2004 form and the skins will go back to scoring 7 points a game.[/QUOTE]

Well you're not, so crawl back into your hole.

We had the 3rd most penalties in the NFL (mostly on the O-line who all played together for the first time last year) and we still had a top 5 offense. Trust me the offense is not something we will worry about. If I were a redskins fan I would worry more that Brunell will go back to his 2004 form and the skins will go back to scoring 7 points a game.

Laughable? We'll see who get's the last laugh this year. Yes, we made the playoffs for the first time in 6 years, but if you know anything about football, you only count the last two years under Joe Gibbs. His first year, he brought us back to respectability. His second year, he gets us into the 2nd round of the playoffs. If memory serves me well, weren't your giants eliminated at home (the worst home defeat in giant playoff history), in the first round of the playoffs? Now that's laughable!

The NFC East is going to be a lot tougher this year and you don't get that extra home game against a sorry Saints team like you did last year. Let's see you brag about being the 1st, 2nd or 3rd most penalized team after this season with the addition of philthy back in the mix. You have an up and comming QB who is still in the learning stages and will make plenty of mistakes and his passing percentage was just over 51% complete (nothing to brag about). You lost one of your O-linemen and the replacement is untested, so I would probably be a little concerned.

Are we still laughable?

You are a moron and a tool. Have you seen our weapons on O? And yes we are thinking we are going to the SB you know why? Cause we didnt get shut out in our own house during the playoffs and being the NFCE Chumps!! nuff said now go away.

With all due respect, Tom (after all, we know that you're a closet Skins fan), I think it's Vic Carucci who's "loaded". :D

Bingo! :chug:

1. Shockey is half ****ed, has too many mental lapses

2. Burress aka Aligator arms, and an attitude problem

3. mini Moss.. just a rookie

4. Tiki "Grandpa" Barber ain't the energizer bunny

5. Their DT's aren't loaded a couple of misfires

6. LaVar used to be a missle, the past3 years just a Dud

7. Strahan, see #4

8. the defense was ranked #24 for goodness sakes :doh:

9. where's the depth? after you shoot your load, got nothing but blanks left

10. look who's aiming..... :laugh:

Archived