Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: Hundreds of WMDs Found in Iraq: Foxnews.com

nelms

Red Herring? Try true believer.

This part of your text, this broad list of states/nations/agencies "and 35+ other countries!" for me, lapsed into satire. Primarily because it was in response to a far-fetched,satirical accusation on my behalf.

http://euronews.net/create_html.php?page=detail_info&article=365436&lng=1

Saudis kill six al-Qaeda suspects

U.S.-Led Forces Detain Senior Al Qaeda in Iraq Leader 1 hour ago....

Pakistan:

Five Al Qaeda suspects held

By Saleem Shahid

QUETTA, June 22: Law-enforcement agencies on Thursday arrested five foreigners who were on their way to Wana in South Waziristan from Zhob in Balochistan.

74 countries have helped in one way or another since the start...

http://www.usiraqprocon.org/pop/coalitionmembers.html

http://euronews.net/create_html.php?page=detail_info&article=365436&lng=1

Saudis kill six al-Qaeda suspects

U.S.-Led Forces Detain Senior Al Qaeda in Iraq Leader 1 hour ago....

Pakistan:

Five Al Qaeda suspects held

By Saleem Shahid

QUETTA, June 22: Law-enforcement agencies on Thursday arrested five foreigners who were on their way to Wana in South Waziristan from Zhob in Balochistan.

74 countries have helped in one way or another since the start...

http://www.usiraqprocon.org/pop/coalitionmembers.html

Foreign Press links are fun!

Here's a good one...http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/fiveisraelis.htm

Foreign Press links are fun!

Here's a good one...http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/fiveisraelis.htm

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

My links were relevant to my post.. would you like to put forth any explanation as to the link that doesnt work?

1) Now you're talking about (one) civil war, 100 years later. But the subject was Iraq, and whether they're better off now vs. under Saddam. Yeah, 100 years from now, they might be better off than if they hadn't paid this price right now.

2) Are you claiming to posess some divine insight as to what Iraq will look like 100 years from now? Cause if you want to discuss "maybe"s you'll need to find some other people who can predict the future, too.

3) Just my personal opinion: I really don't trust people who think they can justify a war with "they'll thank me, someday."

Like I've said a billion times in a billion different threads. All most of you know is what's being portrayed by the media, a media that get's people to watch by being dramatic. I have seen the joy of the Iraqi people with my own eyes. I don't need you or anyone else to tell me the Iraqi's won't be better off now that they're not being ruled by a tyranic dictator. I don't need a crystal ball or Miss Cleo to tell me that the Iraqi people are already better off and everyone that I've come in contact with is greatful. They know they have a hard road ahead of them but they are thankful for the opportunity to elect a government and for a chance at a new start.

Just keep watching CNN/Fox for their onesided drama reporting, I'll take my personal experience's over their BS anyday. It's far from good over there but there are a lot of good things going unreported because it's not dramatic enough. It's more than just coincidence that numerous people on this board have posted that soldiers that they know or have talked to will say the same thing.

I don't need divine insight to tell me what I know.

Like I've said a billion times in a billion different threads. All most of you know is what's being portrayed by the media, a media that get's people to watch by being dramatic. I have seen the joy of the Iraqi people with my own eyes. I don't need you or anyone else to tell me the Iraqi's won't be better off now that they're not being ruled by a tyranic dictator. I don't need a crystal ball or Miss Cleo to tell me that the Iraqi people are already better off and everyone that I've come in contact with is greatful. They know they have a hard road ahead of them but they are thankful for the opportunity to elect a government and for a chance at a new start.

Just keep watching CNN/Fox for their onesided drama reporting, I'll take my personal experience's over their BS anyday. It's far from good over there but there are a lot of good things going unreported because it's not dramatic enough. It's more than just coincidence that numerous people on this board have posted that soldiers that they know or have talked to will say the same thing.

I don't need divine insight to tell me what I know.

Thank you for that post. It's nice to see someone that's had first hand experience over there and that can provide a more balanced view than some of the arm chair quarterbacks on this board. Once again thank you and thank you for serving our country. :cheers:

It's just like the other thread that was just started about the lockdown in Baghdad. It's a page full of violence. Where's the page full of sick people cared for, children given food and school supplies, potable water being supplied, roads repaired, aid given, not to mention the chance for freedom. Where are all of those articles? I've witnessed all of this in one form or another but no one really cares about these things because they doesn't support the Bush bashing, politicaly driven media.

I think Bush has made some bad decisions but every President who's been in office since I joined the military in 89 has. He'll probably make several more before he's gone. Could a different president have made better decisions, I doubt it. He had to make tough decisions based on the intel he was given and the other candidates who ran against him probably wouldn't have had the balls to do so. Let's face it, we are living in very different times since 9/11 and sitting around on our asses waiting for diplomacy to work isn't going to solve anything. If this country could put their political agenda's aside for the better of our country then maybe would could solve the problems at hand. Too bad that will never happen because both parties are posturing for the next election and will do whatever it takes to put the other in a bad light.

I'm proud of what we've done in Iraq. Did we jump the gun, probably. Did we give the Iraqi people a better chance of living a free life, definitely. I'll go back as many times as I'm asked to do so because I know for a fact that we're making a difference. No matter what CNN/Fox news reports.

Don't worry it's a fact. That's all I do, build bases and I'm going back for my third trip in April for another 7 months. What's that tell you? We'll be there for a while as an occupying force. Not in the current numbers but I think Iraq will be our hub for future ME op's.

Too be honest, I am not that surprised. It's why I have said in the past that there was no exit plan, because the administration plans on staying. And people wonder why we are hated on the Arab street. It's because of *^% like this (bases on Arab land). Blowback in all its glory.

I hope you're right.

I'll admit, it doesn't look so great from here. But I'll also admit that it's real hard to see from here.

You know they might spiral into a civil war that we can't get them out of. There are a lot of different ways this war can go. Thing is not one person on this board knows what's going to happen. If all I had to go on is the media I too would think the same things most of you are thinking. But I can't help but hope that the good we've done will sooner or later blossom and start to bare fruit. There is much more going on in Iraq then simple military operations. The Army Corp of Engineers, SEABEES, RED HORSE, Civil Engineers are all doing good things for these people. I've witnessed it. I've seen smiles on the faces of the generations of children that my children will have to live with. I've seen people living in villages in the middle of nowhere making a living off the land. The same land that was herbicided by Saddam to run them off and if they didn't leave they were exterminated. I've held their children while they patted me on the back and thanked me for helping them be free. That's all I need.

I don't how to tell you how much I not only appreciate what you personally do in your service Zoed (and I am not any kind of jingoist), but also how much it means to me that you offer these views and share your experiences.

I don't how to tell you how much I not only appreciate what you personally do in your service Zoed (and I am not any kind of jingoist), but also how much it means to me that you offer these views and share your experiences.

I misread what you stated at first. I was about to say something and possibly get banned. THANK GOODNESS I reread your post. :) I should've known better. It's late and the "not only" somehow got confused in my head with "not only do I NOT appreciate". Sorry, not sure why I'm sharing this. :doh:

I misread what you stated at first. I was about to say something and possibly get banned. THANK GOODNESS I reread your post. :) I should've known better. It's late and the "not only" somehow got confused in my head with "not only do I NOT appreciate". Sorry, not sure why I'm sharing this. :doh:

I love it dude :D , and have had exactly the same type of moment including the "after" reaction. Humbling to realize how our faculties can totally betray us at times :laugh:

I love it dude :D , and have had exactly the same type of moment including the "after" reaction. Humbling to realize how our faculties can totally betray us at times :laugh:

Well, my faculties may fade, but the facilities need be ready. Okay, let's get back to liberal loonies vs conservative wackos, shall we? :laugh:

Thanks Jumbo. You know we take a lot for granted living here in America. It's so easy for people to form opinions about what we should or shouldn't do when it comes to foreign policy but until you've been to a country like Iraq or Bosnia you can never fully understand just how good we've got it or how much these countries need our help. Sometimes our leaders make decisions for the wrong reasons but I know in my heart the things that I've done in my military service has been for the good of these countries. When it's all said and done I know that my service has made this world a better place.

My brothers and sisters here on ES have rights to thier opinions. I'm not well versed in politics so all I can do is speak from personal experience. I'm not trying to change anyone's political views, I just want people to realize that there is more to the big picture than what's being reported on TV.

I appreciate your thanks more than you know. A few months ago I was eating at a local truck stop with 5 or 6 young Airman. We were all in uniform and while eating a gentleman walked up and reached his hand out to me and said that he'd like to thank us for serving our country. I was moved by this gesture but all of a sudden someone at a table nearby started clapping. One person after another started to do the same until the whole place was clapping for us, in a greasy spoon in North Las Vegas. I was almost moved to tears when I looked around at the young men with me and said "that makes it all worth it." When we got to the register to pay we found that our bill was taken care of. This is why we serve and why we'll continue to serve. Countries like Iraq deserve to be free just like us, stable or not. :applause:

Archived