Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stackhouse suspended for Game 5 of the NBA Finals

DieselPwr44

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2006/news/story?id=2487553

MIAMI -- Shaquille O'Neal mocked his collision with Jerry Stackhouse as being less vicious than a love tap from his daughters. The NBA declared it worthy of a one-game suspension.

The league announced Friday that Stackhouse must miss Game 5 of the finals for his hard foul on O'Neal in the third quarter of Game 4.

Stackhouse was called for a flagrant foul when it happened. But after reviewing the play and discussing the details with both players, league vice president Stu Jackson opted to upgrade the punishment.

"The contact by Jerry Stackhouse was clearly excessive and warrants a suspension," Jackson said in a release.

If Raja Bell and James Posey were suspended, I see no reason why Stackhouse shouldn't have been. He tried to hurt Shaq on that play by just shoving a forearm into his upper body while he was in the air.

The Cowboys might be looking at their new FS.

He should have been suspended for the rest of the series. He ****ed his elbow in a strike position and laid into Shaq. Of course, during his suspension we would get a better opportunity to run tests to see if he is truly the missing link. I place him somewhere between Cromagnum and neanderthal(I have no knowledge of actual anthropology).

Looks like Stackhouse and I will both be watching the game from the stands.

Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 5:02 PM

To: *edited*

Cc: *edited*

Subject: GAME 5 CONFIRMATION - WILL CALL PICKUP

We are pleased that you will be joining us for

Game 5 of the NBA Finals on Sunday, June 18

Ticket pick-up information is as follows:

Game Time: 9:00PM

Dallas Mavericks vs. Miami Heat

Ticket Pick-Up:

Guests should pick up their ticket envelopes at the will call window located

on the north side of the arena near the 8th Street entrance by gate 3 on 8th Street which opens 1 hour prior to game time.

The tickets will be left under the name of the person you supplied and that person must have photo ID.

If you should have any problems at the window, please mention that Christina Farmakis from the Commissioner's office at the NBA arranged for the tickets.

Have fun at the Finals, MC51! That'd be awesome to see guys like Dirk, Shaq and Wade in THAT kind of important game. I'm just glad I've seen Lebron play once, it really makes me curse the fact I never got out to see Jordan in person.

Have fun at the Finals, MC51! That'd be awesome to see guys like Dirk, Shaq and Wade in THAT kind of important game. I'm just glad I've seen Lebron play once, it really makes me curse the fact I never got out to see Jordan in person.

Thanks Ghost, I will do just that. You know, it's been a pretty good sports year so far. Skins/Seahawks playoff game in Seattle and now this. I hope for a better outcome Sunday night!

Meh...I saw Jordan play in his 2nd to last season at the MCI Center...he ended up turning the ball over in the last few seconds and the Wiz lost by 2. Kinda wish that wasn't my last memory of him....:doh:

Looks like Stackhouse and I will both be watching the game from the stands.

Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 5:02 PM

To: *edited*

Cc: *edited*

Subject: GAME 5 CONFIRMATION - WILL CALL PICKUP

We are pleased that you will be joining us for

Game 5 of the NBA Finals on Sunday, June 18

Congratulations Monte, I hope you have a great time at the game.

Meh...I saw Jordan play in his 2nd to last season at the MCI Center...he ended up turning the ball over in the last few seconds and the Wiz lost by 2. Kinda wish that wasn't my last memory of him....:doh:

Well, he still gave some nice memories even in that last run.

I really wish instead of playing for the Wiz (no offense to Wiz fans) he had gone to a semi-contender to put them over the top. I really think any top team would have been made into a title winner with him playing a reduced role. Like if he went to play for San Antonio or even Portland, I'd have been excited to see him play important games for a contender. Even when he was young he couldn't completely carry a garbage team (not to the title, at least) so it was too much to expect him to do it in DC.

People blame him for the issues with the Wiz but if you look at the K Brown draft, that whole draft sucked. His issue was bad timing.

I just wish MJ had not retired that second time, or taken a hiatus until after the labor dispute, because I bet 99-00 and 00-01 woulda still been pretty good years for him.

He should have been suspended for the rest of the series. He ****ed his elbow in a strike position and laid into Shaq. Of course, during his suspension we would get a better opportunity to run tests to see if he is truly the missing link. I place him somewhere between Cromagnum and neanderthal(I have no knowledge of actual anthropology).
This is the finals, no easy buckets.

I don't think the foul was hard enough to warrant a suspension.

So you don't think he was trying to elbow him in the head? That was not only the result, but the apparent intent of his action. His arm wasn't outsretched in an attempt to grab the ball, but rather he had his hand tucked into his chest. I'm not really sure how you could argue that he didn't commit that foul intentionally. The intent combined with the result were obvious grounds for suspension, plus I still think we could be using Stackhouse in more important scientific research to discover mankinds past.

He went for the ball, if anyone should be suspended it should be Shaq for his elbow on Stack in game 1. When you open up a hole on somones face it makes you think,

Total BS. I hope Dallas shuts up the miami crown once and for all.

The NBA just is dying to get Shaq another ring that they will do anything.

He went for the ball, if anyone should be suspended it should be Shaq for his elbow on Stack in game 1. When you open up a hole on somones face it makes you think,

Total BS. I hope Dallas shuts up the miami crown once and for all.

The NBA just is dying to get Shaq another ring that they will do anything.

are you ****ing kidding me? clearly stackhouse was going for the hard foul... while shaquille is not... we know youre a dallas homer.. figures:doh:

So you don't think he was trying to elbow him in the head? That was not only the result, but the apparent intent of his action. His arm wasn't outsretched in an attempt to grab the ball, but rather he had his hand tucked into his chest. I'm not really sure how you could argue that he didn't commit that foul intentionally. The intent combined with the result were obvious grounds for suspension, plus I still think we could be using Stackhouse in more important scientific research to discover mankinds past.
Of course he commited the foul intentionally, Shaq had an open lay-up.

I don't think the elbow was intentional, Stack was flying down the court to foul someone before they got to the basket.

You're right about one thing, though. Stack is one ugly man, dude looks like the missing link.

What about the forearm shiver mourning gave Dirk after that blocked shot/foul...right across the side of the head as he went down. It was cheap as hell! In fact, aside from the stack/shaq deal, the whole game looked like a Nowitzski mauling.

I think the suspension is crap!

Absolutely the most misguided, inequitable, transparent decision I know of in recent professional sports.

But hey, what do I know? The NBA is in good hands -- right? When the Finals Nielsen ratings are currently contending with such juggernauts as Deal or No Deal?

What a joke!

What about the forearm shiver mourning gave Dirk after that blocked shot/foul...right across the side of the head as he went down. It was cheap as hell! In fact, aside from the stack/shaq deal, the whole game looked like a Nowitzski mauling.

I think the suspension is crap!

Absolutely the most misguided, inequitable, transparent decision I know of in recent professional sports.

But hey, what do I know? The NBA is in good hands -- right? When the Finals Nielsen ratings are currently contending with such juggernauts as Deal or No Deal?

What a joke!

total crap. There was just a good hard foul. Shaq has been nailing guys with his elbows the entire series.

You guys need a little cheese with your whine? :laugh:

The suspension may not be legit, but frankbones is right on the money; they've already handed out suspensions for much less, and they couldn't ignore this. It was a hard-ass foul to be sure...I think it deserved a suspension personally. But then again,

F**K DALLAS!!!!

I'm with you Mooka, but I've been watching the NBA since Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlan mixed it up. Stack's foul was a good one and didn't even deserve a technical. A playoff suspension proves that the NBA has turned into a sissy sport.

Archived