Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Bledsoe Gets Injured

SkinsNoles21

Reread my post Glenn had just as many 100 yard games this season as Lloyd and ARE had in their whole career it has nothing to do with how long he has been in the league.

I am adding a signature to make sure everybody knows I am a Giants Fan

You're comparing the number 1 target on a team that has a pretty accurate passer when given the time to a reciver (ARE) on a team with a second year QB on a run heavy team where he wasn't the number 1 reciever, and a guy (LLoyd) that had 4 QB's last year alone throwing him the ball, none of which showed anything to suggest they have starting NFL QB talent.

Iy isn't reported because he does not have a history of injuried like Brunnel. Case in point, Brunnel is hurt already, in mini camp no less. Bledsoe missed like eight games because of a broken sternum I believe. Other than that he is rock solid.

Your line is better, you main back is better but your RB corps is not as good, and your claim that your recievers are better cannot be taken seriously.

I agree with you on your first paragraph. Even with Bledsoe's stone legs, Brunell has a *much* higher probability of being injured, based on past experience.

As far as your "total" RB package being better, what are you basing that on?

I think Ladell is better than Jones or Barber. If you don't know, you betta ax sumbody.

Rock Cartwright avg. like 8 yards a carry when he got in the game last season, and can play backup FB.

Manuel White was the highest rated FB coming out of the draft a year ago but broke his leg. I list him because he is an athletic FB who can catch and carry the ball. We also have Nemo who is similar in skill, if not experience.

As a RB prospect, I'd take Jesse Lumsden over whoever your 3rd string RB is - and so did most of the NFL, we had to sign him to quite a contract to keep him from a dozen other teams pursuing him, including the cowgirls.

Ladell Betts is a solid back, as it the Rock. I would definitely say our RB is better.

It's quite debatable who has the better WR corps - Moss is coming off a Monster season with Jimmy Farris and James Thrash on the other side of him. I don't care what you say, Terry Glenn will always be overrated. Give me ARE and Lloyd over Terri Glenn and Crayon.

:dallasuck

Amen, not to mention Glenn and Crayton are already in their prime, or coming out of it. ARE and Lloyd are just hitting their stride, age wise.

With Rock and Betts we have multiple guys who've proven they can put up 100 yard rushing performances in the league. Our running backs are superior to yours from the tip top to the very bottom by a margin wide enough even a fan of the Cowboys couldn't miss it. Legitmately the same goes for receiver. TO and Glenn form a better top pair than Moss and Lloyd, at least probably so. But, Randle El is a world better than Clayton as is Patten who is our No. 4. Hell, our No. 5, Thrash, is better than your No. 3 in terms of actual NFL production and similar skill, not to mention superior special teams ability.

While I realize you may be somewhat swayed by Cowboy fan notes that suggest Clayton played very limited time, therefore, his numbers equate to something greater, it must be said, he has played limited time for the reason that he's not any good, else, he'd play more. It kind of works that way. Obviously if you're looking at the entire receiving core, you don't stack up at all, though, we won't take away the top end starting advantage you seem to have.

Brunell has no real history of missing games due to history. He had the elbow problem three years ago. Otherwise he's been rock solid. Bledsoe has as well, though, he's taken so many more big shots his mental process in the pocket has slowed down much like Aikman's did toward the end, making him a QB you can confuse and limit. That's why, in the end, Brunell had a better rating and season a year ago than did Bledsoe, despite having what wound up being a weaker receiving core due to injury and a lack of production from those in reserve.

Checkmate

Terry Glenn had 1,100 yards as the only deep threat. Also, I suggest you learn some English, it's "OUR", not "ARE".

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If you really think that our #2 and #3 recievers after patten got hurt last year were even *close* to as good as what Glenn had lining up next to him last year, than you really don't think much of your WR corps. Because I know for a fact that Glenn wasn't getting 3 shade coverage on EVERY SNAP like Moss was.

Moss still tore teams up.

Plus isn't' Witten so gawd damn awesome? How come he is left out of this conversation. Witten is constantly brought up as a legitimate deep threat at the TE position....

Either one of our qb's go down, and both are teams are most likely done for the year. What I find funny is how you dismiss Romo sits to pee so quickly. He's been in the NFL longer, Same system the whole time, has stellar preseason numbers........yet you laugh at him?

I suggest you do a quick search for Campbells preseason numbers before you laugh at us.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Campbell is a 1st round QB selected by a HOF coach who in the history of his career has NEVER felt like drafting a QB in the first round - yet traded up because he likes this one so much. I will take our 1st round stud over a guy who couldn't grab a snap over chump after chump.

Reread my post Glenn had just as many 100 yard games this season as Lloyd and ARE had in their whole career it has nothing to do with how long he has been in the league.

I reread your post and don't see anything that makes me believe you were talking about the # of 100 yard games in comparing the wrs... unless you mean the previous paragraph where you compared the 100 yd games of the rbs? Or the end of your middle paragraph where you say that neither has proven they are 100 yd receivers (did you mean consistently?)

In fact it doesn't even reference that you were talking about last year exclusively (which led to to a state of frustration that someone could actually think such thought, which in turn led to my long-a** post).

Please be more clear next time (and I'll try not to assume things are meant exactly how they're written) ... thanks :)

Amen, not to mention Glenn and Crayton are already in their prime, or coming out of it. ARE and Lloyd are just hitting their stride, age wise.

Don't forget, TO is no spring chicken either... whereas Moss is also "just hitting" his stride:cheers:

You see - this is why neither the Skins or Cows will be there in the end. Bledsoe and Brunell are going to be injury plagued and its going to cost both teams majorly.

McNabb is about to reestablish himself in a major way as the #1 QB in the division.

:silly: On the first

and :applause: on the second. Mcnabb most definately will come back big next year. But you still ain't beatin' us.

For the backup QB argument:

Don't try to argue this one guys. Seriously, everyone in their right mind would rather be in the skins shoes (in this division) if their starting qb went down. The giants are most likely a decently close second. The cowboys beloved backups have combined for a dazzling 18 pass attempts in the NFL (that's a big 0 for Romo sits to pee in case anyone cared).

Considering Collins as a backup...he's thrown almost 550 balls in the NFL with a "backup-respectable" qb rating of 70.4.

Considering Campbell as the backup...given a huge athletic frame and great scrambling potential for a qb, as well as a cannon for an arm, he has the looks of a gunslinger who can at least move the ball. He has not seen action either and there are plenty of worries to be said but in terms of little to no experience, I think anyone would rather throw him in their over most backups in the East, ESPECIALLY Romo sits to pee and Henson.

Rob Johnson has very respectable stats/numbers and even has a 83 qb rating in his career. His numbers don't necessarily give due credit to his limited success however, and Hasselback is more a reserve third stringer.

Ok, even more so with the good numbers but poor success comes Jeff Garcia...let's just understand and not really go there. I think even I would like to see Mcnabb stay healthy just so I don't have to watch him play after the pisspoor job he did in his last two stops.

Finally, the conclusion is, with combined success, stats and the players around them, the Giants and Redskins by far have the most capable/reliable backups at QB. I give the redskins a slight edge simply because it's my team and because I think the playmakers here are better and I have confidence in, as well as being excited about seeing Campbell play.

You see - this is why neither the Skins or Cows will be there in the end. Bledsoe and Brunell are going to be injury plagued and its going to cost both teams majorly.

McNabb is about to reestablish himself in a major way as the #1 QB in the division.

wow...out of the three qbs, which ones played last year and which ones didnt

Our backup qb is a first round pick hand chosen by Joe Gibbs.

HE IS OBVIOUSLY GOING TO BE TERRIBLE BECAUSE GIBBS HASNT MADE ANY GOOD PERSONNEL MOVES SINCE HE'S BEEN HERE.

ill take tony Romo sits to pee and drew henson all day over Jason Campbell

oh wait...no i wont

Gibbs is a QB coach he knows good QB's when he sees them whatever possessed him to bring in Brunell I couldnt tell you but I do know that he wouldn't have drafted Jason Campbell for nothing...no he has yet to prove anything but he is a creator of great QB's so we will see how the hell things go with this preseason and hope that no seriuos injuries occur!!!!

Rock and Betts have proven they can put up 100 yards? How by putting 100 yards on crappy teams. Neither of those guys have had 100 yard games against a quality defense.

As far as the cowboy notes go you might want to take your own advice when it comes to ARE and Lloyd. Neither guy has put numbers close to Glenn and neither guy has proven that they can be a 100 yard receiver in the NFL

I agree with your Brunell comment because he never did have any major injuries. Now that he is 37 though any little injury can really alter his playing ability. The hamstring injury made him look like a joke.

Betts put up 80 on the Steelers the season before last. And you are forgetting - those 100 yard games happened against crappy teams in 2 quarters or less.

Betts put up 100 yards on the Vikings as well.

How many of MBIII's 60 yard games were even totaled in one half?

For the backup QB argument:

Don't try to argue this one guys. Seriously, everyone in their right mind would rather be in the skins shoes (in this division) if their starting qb went down. The giants are most likely a decently close second. The cowboys beloved backups have combined for a dazzling 18 pass attempts in the NFL (that's a big 0 for Romo sits to pee in case anyone cared).

Considering Collins as a backup...he's thrown almost 550 balls in the NFL with a "backup-respectable" qb rating of 70.4.

Considering Campbell as the backup...given a huge athletic frame and great scrambling potential for a qb, as well as a cannon for an arm, he has the looks of a gunslinger who can at least move the ball. He has not seen action either and there are plenty of worries to be said but in terms of little to no experience, I think anyone would rather throw him in their over most backups in the East, ESPECIALLY Romo sits to pee and Henson.

Rob Johnson has very respectable stats/numbers and even has a 83 qb rating in his career. His numbers don't necessarily give due credit to his limited success however, and Hasselback is more a reserve third stringer.

Ok, even more so with the good numbers but poor success comes Jeff Garcia...let's just understand and not really go there. I think even I would like to see Mcnabb stay healthy just so I don't have to watch him play after the pisspoor job he did in his last two stops.

Finally, the conclusion is, with combined success, stats and the players around them, the Giants and Redskins by far have the most capable/reliable backups at QB. I give the redskins a slight edge simply because it's my team and because I think the playmakers here are better and I have confidence in, as well as being excited about seeing Campbell play.

:notworthy Great post. You might as well throw in the Giants with us as having the best backup RBs, though it is a tie for me between Ryan Moats (who is quite fast, no portis but fast) and Brandon Jacobs. I always go with the power back as a backup though, takes less skill to plow ahead for 3.5 yards and a cloud of dust. Jacobs wins.

Gibbs is a QB coach he knows good QB's when he sees them whatever possessed him to bring in Brunell I couldnt tell you but I do know that he wouldn't have drafted Jason Campbell for nothing...no he has yet to prove anything but he is a creator of great QB's so we will see how the hell things go with this preseason and hope that no seriuos injuries occur!!!!

What possesed Gibbs was these three other options:

1) A dumb as dirt QB named Ramsey with a sense of entitlement and a bad understanding of the playbook.

2)Jeff Garcia.

3) Kurt Warner.

Suddenly, bringing in Brunell looks pretty smart, huh?

And don't forget, Gibbs has never even come close to drafting a QB in the first round, before JC

julius" I got booted out of college for a season for drug use"

Resorting to making things up, nice!

And to honestly think TO is going to improve your reciver's corp that much is drinking Jerry Jones Kool-Aid.

Yes no way one of the top recivers in the league improves a WR core lmao

:cheers:

TY because this is the NFC East and only veteran QB's can win in this division, proof was in Philly last year when Mcnabb went down. There is NO rookie or one year QB gonna be like Big Ben in this division, plain and simple its too freakin tough.

Great post

Considering you have TO as "America's Teammate" shows how ignorant you are. That was just ri-goddamned-iculous.

That is exactly why Terri Glenn is overrated - he's had 3 good seasons in 10 or 11 years, and nothing like what Moss had last year - as the only deep threat as you so astutely stated.

And yes please keep critiquing my English and posting 2-sentence drivel. I love when Crackwhore fans bring that crap. Jackass.

:dallasuck

Moss had 1 good year and you guys areready to put him into the HOF. You guys are so delusional

Archived