Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone watching Last Comic Standing?

CHUBAKAH

With all the shows I watch ending the last couple of weeks I decided to check out this show. I think it is in it's 3rd or 4th season. Well last night I sat down expecting it to be kind of weak. Some were just ok, but there is one guy who to me was one of the funniest guys I have seen in quite some time. His name is Josh Blue. This guy had me in tears last night.

winners3.jpg

He's going to be very tough to beat as he seems like a real natural.

He's going to be very tough to beat as he seems like a real natural.

I've watched every season....it is a actually a pretty good summer show.

I don't know how well that guy will do though....it seems like he relies on his handicap for his humor too much...if he comes up with more material, then he may be tough.

My wife and I saw that guy... he's the one with cerebel paulsy (sp) right?

That guy was HILARIOUS. Good for him :applause:

(I liked the line "You're all going to hell for laughing at me" :laugh: )

That guy was HILARIOUS. Good for him :applause:

(I liked the line "You're all going to hell for laughing at me" :laugh: )

My wife and I watched seasons 1 and 2. Loved it. Season 3 where they faced off the top comics from seasons 1 and 2 kinda turned us off on the show.

Good layoff though... and now we're both back into season 3. A lot of decent comics so far.

Chubakah.. WAY to early to tell right now. The comedians have to go through rounds and rounds (lots of one-on-one battles coming)... so they haven't even skimmed the surface of their acts yet. Most are saving the best for last.....

but you'll see the odd comic come up short on material in a few shows.. and rely on the same jokes. That's just sad.

I'm sure they must have said when the show started, but I haven't caught what his disability is. I liked the fact when they asked him questions after his routine his responses were quick, and very funny.

I'll be watching to see when he comes on next.

I'm sure they must have said when the show started, but I haven't caught what his disability is. I liked the fact when they asked him questions after his routine his responses were quick, and very funny.

I'll be watching to see when he comes on next.

Yes..the dude had cerebral palsy........good for him in going up on stage and making people laugh like that. I liked his one line about being nervous...."hell no...tons of people stare at me every day"

The judges made 3 good choices (Mr. Gay, Roz and the last dude). The first 2 choices.... including the female redhead... were bad choices. There were 2 other more polished, deserving candidates (the big black dude... and the big white dude-biker).

The crappy part of the show is when they actually get INTO the house... and then you start seeing the "drama". It's very wierd and uncomfortable to watch people who make people laugh for a living - you'd think they'd be naturally funny people, but most aren't - act like drama queens. I'd really rather not see that.

I've caught bits and pieces of the different seasons. Is anybody able to participate? What constitutes an amateur and is it even necessary to be an amateur? I know one season included Kathleen Madigan and I see Gabriel Iglesias is there this year. Both are established comedians and have toured the country. Also, Josh Blue has made some appearances on the Carlos Mencia show.

I've caught bits and pieces of the different seasons. Is anybody able to participate? What constitutes an amateur and is it even necessary to be an amateur? I know one season included Kathleen Madigan and I see Gabriel Iglesias is there this year. Both are established comedians and have toured the country. Also, Josh Blue has made some appearances on the Carlos Mencia show.

Anybody who shows up can try to participate, I think. There is this one guy, named Buck Star, who shows up in every single city. He totally sucks nads and gets rejected every time, but he keeps appearing.

• 2 months later...

Chubakah.. WAY to early to tell right now. The comedians have to go through rounds and rounds (lots of one-on-one battles coming)... so they haven't even skimmed the surface of their acts yet. Most are saving the best for last.....

Guess I know talent when I see it huh?

:laugh:

Props to Chewie on the amazingly early call on JB :applause:

Gotta say that I was disappointed at the end. As much as Josh Blue has overcome, he was not the best comedian. He barely told any jokes over his 5 minutes and I wanted more than the handicap-related jokes. The way that I look at it usually is by thinking if I can sit and watch this guy/gal do a 30 minute gig. I think 5-10 minutes is all I can take of Josh... :3rdplace:

Chris Porter and Ty Barnett were both funny as heck. Their jokes came fast and in succession and were diverse in topic. I would love to sit through 30 min watching either of these guys.

Gotta say that I was disappointed at the end. As much as Josh Blue has overcome, he was not the best comedian. He barely told any jokes over his 5 minutes and I wanted more than the handicap-related jokes. The way that I look at it usually is by thinking if I can sit and watch this guy/gal do a 30 minute gig. I think 5-10 minutes is all I can take of Josh... :3rdplace:

Chris Porter and Ty Barnett were both funny as heck. Their jokes came fast and in succession and were diverse in topic. I would love to sit through 30 min watching either of these guys.

Great, now you're "going to hell". :silly:

Trust me, he was in SF a few days before the final show aired. The uncensored version of Josh Blue is off the hook! A must see!

Roz, who I really never cared for, opened up. I still can only take about 3 minutes of her yelling presentation.

O yeah, he WAS the best comedian, and won the competition, FYI.

EDIT: Chris Porter sucks. His whiny presentation got old real fast with me.

Trust me, he was in SF a few days before the final show aired. The uncensored version of Josh Blue is off the hook! A must see!

Roz, who I really never cared for, opened up. I still can only take about 3 minutes of her yelling presentation.

O yeah, he WAS the best comedian, and won the competition, FYI.

Since you've seen him live, I'll take your word for it. I just felt that the ones they showed were a liitle dry. I know that he won, I just didn't agree with the vote. :2cents:

Agreed on Roz. 3 minutes of screaming is all I can take too. Kinda like Joey Gay when he performed, although you gotta love his joke about the lack of Palestinian baseball pitchers :laugh:

I thought Josh Blue was hillarious on Mind Of Mencia when they had the dee duh dee awards and my two favorite jokes by him on Last Comic Standing are when he goes to the self checkout line that and his mom can tell when he's drunk because he gets the key in the door correctly i was in tears laughing when he said that

Archived