Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Footballguys.com Redskins fantasy team report

Byner21

Offensive Line

Projected Starters: RT Jon Jansen, RG Randy Thomas, C Casey Rabach, LG Derrick Dockery, LT Chris Samuels

Key Backups: G Mike Pucillo, C Corey Raymer, G Kili Lefotu (rookie)

Last season, this unit finally stayed healthy and what a great season they had. Led by gifted OL coach Joe Bugal, this starting group is among the best in the NFL and they opened up nice holes for running back Clinton Portis to exploit throughout the season. Each of the starting five can be considered very good players and a few of them have Pro Bowl potential. Guard Derrick Dockery has developed into a tenacious run blocker. At 335-pounds he is a force and the former 3rd round pick has excellent athleticism and quickness off the ball. He played well enough last year to warrant a spot in the Pro Bowl. Tackle Chris Samuels did make the Pro Bowl and deservedly so as he was a force last year. At the other tackle position, Jon Jansen is in his sixth NFL seasons and has rounded into form as a great player in his own right. He hasn’t taken a holding penalty since the 2002 season. Finally both Randy Thomas and Casey Rabach are good, veteran linemen that help this unit achieve greatness although Thomas is returning from a broken leg suffered in December. This is one of the top units in the NFL today as they are right up there with the Chiefs and the Bengals.

:thud: Holy Moly!

Yeah, anyone think the praises for Dock and Thomas were reversed? Thomas was the Pro Bowl level lineman last year in my opinion. Dock did ok.

I thought the same thing. Dock is coming into his own (finally), but Thomas was a destroyer.

Sure this wasn't written by redskins.com?

Our OL is good but I don't think it's top 5. Though our starting 5 are very good from left to right.

Not trying to call you out, but what OLs do you think are better than ours from left to right? I can't think of 5 I would single out...

Sorry if this has already been posted. I didn't find it when I searched.

http://www.footballguys.com/06teamreport-was.php

Don't ever post from this site again, this is my super secret Fantasy Football Strategy Site, no one is suppose to know about this, damn.

Anyway, these guys aren't really media types, they are serious analytical football minds. I've been using these guys for a few years now, they know what they are talking about. I've done very well in FF with this site.

Archived