Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Respecting The Rings

RiggoReincarnated

I'm not sure what is more troublesome....that you are serious about this idea or that you honestly think that Larry Micheal or Gibbs would actually think its a good idea as well.

But yeah, go ahead and ask Larry. No threads from you until preseason will be nice.

Ok, so if either Michael says he thinks it would be a good idea, or Gibbs...I win. If he acts like its outlandish and thinks Gibbs would as well, you win.

Ok, so if either Michael says he thinks it would be a good idea, or Gibbs...I win. If he acts like its outlandish and thinks Gibbs would as well, you win.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'm not sure those standards are very fair....if he shoots it down I win. But, I'm pretty sure he's going to laugh at the idea...:laugh:

How about this...I'll ask Larry Michael if he thinks Gibbs would go for an idea like this. If Michael says no, I won't post any new threads until the start of preseason, and if I do then it will be strictly X's and O's. Sound fair?
Larry Michael? :doh: You should also ask him if he's sick and tired of reading absurd comments from misinformed and slightly dillusional fans.

We'll see...if I'm wrong I'll eat my humble pie. But I'm pretty confident I'm on the right track.

Discipline before instruction.

I really don't think you comprehend the world around you. My point is that even if Larry Michaels says its a good idea, that doesn't make it so. Could you explain to me what exactly your "track" is?

I really don't think you comprehend the world around you. My point is that even if Larry Michaels says its a good idea, that doesn't make it so. Could you explain to me what exactly your "track" is?

This one?

tracks.jpg

The major overarching point is that todays rookie/free agents coming onto a team needs to be trained to respect the coaches and the organization from day 1, and understand respect and that Gibbs and the coaches are like their master or their father.

In the age of multimillion dollar contracts this isn't easy to do, discipline and toughness are needed.

Perhaps if we had been stricter with Sean Taylor as a rookie when he skipped out on the symposium...the whole thing the next year wouldn't have happened.

Riggo, you may be on to something here. You should also throw in some type of hike the new guys would have to do. From MLK ave to RFK and then to Redskin Park. At each stop they will have to each drink a 40 and quote knowledge from "Racing to Win".

Yes I can see it now a legion of players willing to die for the Joe Gibbs, his own army of draft picks and free agents.

Riggo, you may be on to something here. You should also throw in some type of hike the new guys would have to do. From MLK ave to RFK and then to Redskin Park. At each stop they will have to each drink a 40 and quote knowledge from "Racing to Win".

Yes I can see it now a legion of players willing to die for the Joe Gibbs, his own army of draft picks and free agents.

Yeah, only when the players are willing to die in the field of battle do we know they are fully mentally prepared to dominate and intimidate any opponent.

Yeah, only when the players are willing to die in the field of battle do we know they are fully mentally prepared to dominate and intimidate any opponent.

Yes, they must all be prepared to lay down in front of the proverbial tank for the burgundy and gold. To dive head first into the pit of black mamba snakes. Have them spray each other in the face with mace. Not the cheap ass civilian mace but the hardcore cop ****. Then after the mace they will form lines and kick each other in the crotch for no less 45 minutes.

Yes a well oiled legion of death dealing Redskin players, all at the behest of one Sir. Gibbs.

I just have an awful feeling we are being out worked by Dallas and Philly this offseason.

The modern player needs to see something in front of their eyes, like the rings, to really buy into the program from day 1.

Sometimes its good to be humbled, you know what I mean?

Riggo,

As hard core of a Skins fan I know you are, you seem to know very little about Joe Gibbs.

First of all, I promise you, nobody in the NFL out works Joe Gibbs period. Gibbs' unbelievable work ethic is legandary in the NFL, and he brings in coaches and players that share that work ethic. The Redskins' off-season workout program will be one of the toughest in the league under Gibbs, and they will practice harder than most teams. Very few teams will practice in pads near as much as the Skins.

Second, what is more humbling than walking into Redskins park and seeing 3 Lombardy trophies won by a hall of fame coach who is also the current coach? Keep in mind how much emphasis Gibbs puts on character when hiring players. These guys know what it means to be playing for a HOF coach who has won 3 superbowls.

Your concerns are completely unfounded. You worry way too much man. You're a fan, it's supposed to be fun.

Riggo,

As hard core of a Skins fan I know you are, you seem to know very little about Joe Gibbs.

First of all, I promise you, nobody in the NFL out works Joe Gibbs period. Gibbs' unbelievable work ethic is legandary in the NFL, and he brings in coaches and players that share that work ethic. The Redskins' off-season workout program will be one of the toughest in the league under Gibbs, and they will practice harder than most teams. Very few teams will practice in pads near as much as the Skins.

Second, what is more humbling than walking into Redskins park and seeing 3 Lombardy trophies won by a hall of fame coach who is also the current coach? Keep in mind how much emphasis Gibbs puts on character when hiring players. These guys know what it means to be playing for a HOF coach who has won 3 superbowls.

Your concerns are completely unfounded. You worry way too much man. You're a fan, it's supposed to be fun.

'

I know Gibbs works as hard if not harder then any coach in the league. I don't doubt the work ethic or character of Gibbs or any of his staff that spend all night game planning in the Submarine.

I just think there's a different breed of player out there now that is less respectful and more about playing the market, signing bonuses and money rather then team loyalty. Gibbs has had to do alot of cleaning house since he got here, and with every new free agent acquisition and draft pick, they can either enhance the team or disrupt chemistry, and I pray its the former.

:laugh: Now there's a thought. :evil:;)

Darthgibbsious2.jpg

Damn, you folks are really johnny-on-the-spot with these pics. Nice work

Also, I really don't think Gibbs would go for this whole ring-kissing thing. Gibbs is one of the most humble coaches out there. He won't even wear the rings because he hasn't done anything this go round. What makes you thing he's gonna force players to kiss them?

I know Gibbs works as hard if not harder then any coach in the league. I don't doubt the work ethic or character of Gibbs or any of his staff that spend all night game planning in the Submarine.

I just think there's a different breed of player out there now that is less respectful and more about playing the market, signing bonuses and money rather then team loyalty. Gibbs has had to do alot of cleaning house since he got here, and with every new free agent acquisition and draft pick, they can either enhance the team or disrupt chemistry, and I pray its the former.

And do you honestly think the way to get this "new breed" of player in line is to humiliate him right off the bat???

Seriously...I hope you're jokieng with this whole idea...its startying to look liek you're a little batty. :insane:

And do you honestly think the way to get this "new breed" of player in line is to humiliate him right off the bat???

Seriously...I hope you're jokieng with this whole idea...its startying to look liek you're a little batty. :insane:

How is it humiliation when a warrior knight gets on a knee before a king?

How is it humiliation when a warrior knight gets on a knee before a king?

Riggo, all due respect, your constant use of warrior codes, battles and so forth are getting very old. Now maybe you're trying to draw a philisphophical similarity between that and football, but it's still way the hell off base. Football is a game. Plain and simple. It's competetion at a very high physcial level, but it is still, at its core, just a game. These men lay it on the line as competitors and teammates. There is no correlation between actual battle on any level and what these guys do.

You want warriors? True warriors who do what you say football players should do,look no further than Zoed, Airborne, Tarhog, and many others on this board who have and are currently engaged in true battle. As "warriors". As "gladiators" as you say.

Football players are athletes. Those considered the best are amazing athletes. Football is their way of life. How they support their families. That makes it a job. hey do one thing that you and I can't, and that's play football. For that they are paid well. Cool by me. I respect the hell out of what they do and the training they put in to do so. They play hard and through injuries. If you've ever met or known any of these guys, you'd know how much of a test it is at times just to get up in the morning. This does make them brave. This shows strength, but it is still not the same thing by any means imho. So how about lightening the hell up a little and take all this for what it is. Sport.

Riggo -- you didn't take my advice the first time, hopefully you'll take it the second time. Please stop making these retarded threads. This is the worst thread I've seen in a long time...

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Archived