Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Not These Five

GibbsFactor

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/jeffri_chadiha/05/31/no.superbowl/index.html

Jeffri Chandihi isn't buying the hype on these five teams.

With my fellow scribes announcing their Super Bowl picks earlier and earlier, I'm taking a different tact: I'll tell you which five teams won't be there. I'm not talking about the easy picks, either. There won't be any 49ers, Packers, Texans or Raiders on this list. Instead, I'm going after those teams that have enough talent to possibly grace NFL preview magazine covers, but also have enough problems to leave their fans disappointed.

If I'm wrong about this, you can shoot me an angry e-mail. Until then, I've got a pretty bad feeling about these five teams:

Miami

Philly

KC

San Diego

Vikes

If Daunte Culpepper is healthy, the Dolphins could not only win the AFC East, but will be contenders in the playoffs. I think they have most of the pieces in place and Nick Saban will establish himself as one of the best coaches in the NFL this season.

If Daunte Culpepper is healthy, the Dolphins could not only win the AFC East, but will be contenders in the playoffs. I think they have most of the pieces in place and Nick Saban will establish himself as one of the best coaches in the NFL this season.

IF Culpepper is healthy. I also think you can't diminish the loss of Ricky Williams. On top of that, I don't think you can count the Pats out yet. Seems like a tall order to put on a 2nd year coach with an entirely new QB corps.

IF Culpepper is healthy. I also think you can't diminish the loss of Ricky Williams. On top of that, I don't think you can count the Pats out yet. Seems like a tall order to put on a 2nd year coach with an entirely new QB corps.

Yes, it seems like a tall order on Culpepper being healthy. Ricky not being there is also large. Saban sure did a heck of a job!!!

This guy must be smart because he didn't list Washington.....if he did, there would be an 11 page thread in the Stadium talking about what a moron he is.

To completely dismiss a team right now is stupid.

You mean dismiss a 6-10 team from last year that had a so-so offseason in the hardest division in the NFL?

This guy must be smart because he didn't list Washington.....if he did, there would be an 11 page thread in the Stadium talking about what a moron he is.

Yes, and no. Are you saying you expect the Texans or the Raiders to compete for the title? How about the Lions? I'm sure the Browns will turn it around in 1 year. Everybody is lauding the Bills as a surefire division winner. He may be off on the teams he did list, but I think we can make our own judgements on some teams as not being ready for prime time.

Yes, and no. Are you saying you expect the Texans or the Raiders to compete for the title? How about the Lions? I'm sure the Browns will turn it around in 1 year. Everybody is lauding the Bills as a surefire division winner. He may be off on the teams he did list, but I think we can make our own judgements on some teams as not being ready for prime time.

Sure, but the author's whole point was that he was going to pick 5 teams that weren't hopeless like the teams you listed above. He's trying to come across as a smart guy by picking 5 teams that other people are high on.

Sure, but the author's whole point was that he was going to pick 5 teams that weren't hopeless like the teams you listed above. He's trying to come across as a smart guy by picking 5 teams that other people are high on.

Evidently you missed the post I was responding to.

:rolleyes: I'm sure if we posted this on the EMB there would be an 11 page thread about what a moron he is...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/jeffri_chadiha/05/31/no.superbowl/index.html

Jeffri Chandihi isn't buying the hype on these five teams.

With my fellow scribes announcing their Super Bowl picks earlier and earlier, I'm taking a different tact: I'll tell you which five teams won't be there. I'm not talking about the easy picks, either. There won't be any 49ers, Packers, Texans or Raiders on this list. Instead, I'm going after those teams that have enough talent to possibly grace NFL preview magazine covers, but also have enough problems to leave their fans disappointed.

If I'm wrong about this, you can shoot me an angry e-mail. Until then, I've got a pretty bad feeling about these five teams:

Miami

Philly

KC

San Diego

Vikes

Everyone is entitled to their opinions however. I simply think that it is too early to make "credible" predictions.

Archived