Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Three thoughts about WWE Bragging Rights:

1. People will actually pay $40-$50 to watch John Cena "wrestle" for an entire hour....glad that I get to stream PPV's for free

2. The tag match they talked about for Bragging Rights REALLY sounds like a page from Survivor Series

3. Poor ECW...they're not cared about to be in the PPV

Three thoughts about WWE Bragging Rights:

1. People will actually pay $40-$50 to watch John Cena "wrestle" for an entire hour....glad that I get to stream PPV's for free

2. The tag match they talked about for Bragging Rights REALLY sounds like a page from Survivor Series

3. Poor ECW...they're not cared about to be in the PPV

I would rather drink acid and enjoy feeling my insides liquefy than watch an hour long Cena match. I swear these guys have fought 400 other times.

I would rather drink acid and enjoy feeling my insides liquefy than watch an hour long Cena match. I swear these guys have fought 400 other times.

Iron Man Matches. What a load. I remember the NWA used to put on 60 and 90 minute classics on a nightly bases. Remember back then, the good matches weren't just for PPV, you could see a 60 minute classic at a house show. I remember Flair saying that the best match he and Steamboat ever had was at a house show.

Iron Man Matches. What a load. I remember the NWA used to put on 60 and 90 minute classics on a nightly bases. Remember back then, the good matches weren't just for PPV, you could see a 60 minute classic at a house show. I remember Flair saying that the best match he and Steamboat ever had was at a house show.

I would gladly watch a Steamboat and Flair 60-90 minute match. Both men were masters in the ring. John Cena and RKO have a combine 8 moves between the two of them. This will be miserable.

I will never forget a Steamboat-Flair match at Clash of the Champions probably 20 years ago on TBS.

Edit: It was 20 years ago, in 1989.

From Wikipedia:

Ricky Steamboat defeated Ric Flair in a 60-minute time limit two out of three falls match to retain the NWA World Heavyweight Championship (55:49)

• Flair pinned Steamboat after reversing an inside cradle (19:33)
  • Steamboat forced Flair to submit with a double chickenwing (34:14)
  • Steamboat pinned Flair after a failed double chickenwing attempt. Flair fell on top of Steamboat, both men's shoulder were down, but Steamboat got his left shoulder up before the three count (55:49).
  • The replay would show that Flair's foot was on the bottom rope, thus allowing him to get one last rematch at WrestleWar 1989.

The best match we can get out of the current WWE generation would be HBK vs Jericho.

It gives you a good idea about current talent when at Wrestlemania HBK and Undertaker put on by far the best match of the night. They absolutely put on a clinic and all the younger talent should've been at ring side taking notes.

Saying that I believe HBK's and Bret Hart's iron man match years ago should be required viewing.. Those two didn't need a crutch like no dq to carry their match, pure skill and talent.. This match coming up is going to be awful to endure.