Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN.com:Attorney General and FBI chief indicated they might resign...

visionary

I don't understand the problem in this case. Everybody knows our system is based on the three branches of the federal government checking/balancing each other.

In this case, the executive branch (law enforcement) decided it needed to check into alleged wrongdoing by Jefferson (legislative). It enlisted the judicial branch in the form of a search warrant, thereby having said judicial branch check into its own actions before proceeding. What's the problem?

Looks to me like Congress doesn't want its "right" to be corrupt infringed upon. If that's the case, then they shouldn't be able to investigate alleged wrongdoing by the president either. And for that matter, the Supreme Court shouldn't be allowed to strike down unconstitutional laws. Please. This is exactly how our system is SUPPOSED to work.

I'll be anxious to see this story though, once CNN puts it up. Thanks visionary. I hope I wasn't too far off topic.

I don't understand the problem in this case. Everybody knows our system is based on the three branches of the federal government checking/balancing each other.

In this case, the executive branch (law enforcement) decided it needed to check into alleged wrongdoing by Jefferson (legislative). It enlisted the judicial branch in the form of a search warrant, thereby having said judicial branch check into its own actions before proceeding. What's the problem?

Looks to me like Congress doesn't want its "right" to be corrupt infringed upon. If that's the case, then they shouldn't be able to investigate alleged wrongdoing by the president either. And for that matter, the Supreme Court shouldn't be allowed to strike down unconstitutional laws. Please. This is exactly how our system is SUPPOSED to work.

I'll be anxious to see this story though, once CNN puts it up. Thanks visionary. I hope I wasn't too far off topic.

umm wasn't the President (executive branch) the one that ordered the files sealed?

Alberto Gonzalez is not going to resign

That'd be too good to be true...Wait, could Bush have someone else whose worse? Well, I don't know if 2-3 years is enough time to do enough damage though I guess he/she could set up things to make the next AG even worse.

That'd be too good to be true...Wait, could Bush have someone else whose worse? Well, I don't know if 2-3 years is enough time to do enough damage though I guess he/she could set up things to make the next AG even worse.

Well Harriet Myers is still avaialble... :D

Ah, it's all the result of backroom politics, methinks. I'd imagine that the crooks in Washington know who's got the skeletons in their closet. And when one side starts to get "outted", the other side retaliates. The most notorious GOP crooks have been under investigation for a while; I'm not surprised that the Democrats will start taking some hits as well.

umm wasn't the President (executive branch) the one that ordered the files sealed?

Yes. Because of all the corrupt congressmen ****ing about the investigation. They want to shoot down this tactic, which is fully legal, to keep their own scams going.

I completely disagree with the files being sealed. But the president is simply taking steps to ensure that the evidence collected was obtained legally and used in a lawful manner.

Maybe this Jefferson guy has the goods on a bunch of other people.

Are they trying to cover for Hastert, and others?

I wouldn't mind seeing Abu Gonzales resign, though. He's been in over his head for a while.

Hey Joe, love the sig pic...good ol' Faux News....LOL.

Archived