Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question about camera bags at FedEx field

NewCliche21

My dad and I scored season tickets this year, and my dad's a really avid photographer, and uses a pretty high-end camera. We're going to be in the nosebleeds, so for pictures he'd want to use a pretty sweet, but big, lens. His camera bag for all of this is bigger than the maximum small-purse size for the games. I know that cameras are allowed, but we'll be taking the Metro and wouldn't feel right carrying around the camera without the bag since it costs well into four digits. Anybody know a way to legally get the stuff in with the bag? Thanks!

Cameras

Still cameras, digital cameras and handheld video cameras are permitted at sporting events. Guests may not reproduce any shots for any commercial use without the written permission of the Redskins. For concerts, still cameras, digital cameras, video cameras and audio recording devices are not permitted.

Cameras

Still cameras, digital cameras and handheld video cameras are permitted at sporting events. Guests may not reproduce any shots for any commercial use without the written permission of the Redskins. For concerts, still cameras, digital cameras, video cameras and audio recording devices are not permitted.

Thanks, but this doesn't answer my question at all. I read the policy. I want to know about whether or not I can bring the camera in the bag.

No....not if its of any significant size (and it probably is). They search the media's bags - they don't want to have to do it with all of the ticket holders. I don't think they allow large camera bags.

Honestly, I'm not sure its even worth the effort once you're inside. Even with a great zoom, you're going to be far enough away that you're not going to get great photos. We post 400-500 of our own here after every game, so you'll have access to great ones.

You can get around the whole issue by simply leaving the bag behind and just bringing the camera if he truly wants to take photo's from his seat. That shouldn't be a problem.

Your really to high up to get good field pic form the upper deck even with big zooms. I have a DSLR and don;t bring it in the stadium. This year I'm getting a super thin and light camera to get shots of the crowd up there.

Tarhog is absolutely right. I have seen people argue with security over the size or their bag/purse. They are very strict ever since 9/11. Camera is fine....the bag will force you to throw it away (since you can't return it to a car).

As for the peanuts....the size of the bag was not the issue...it was the peanuts. Can't bring any food in. Danny wants you to buy his delicious food at Oh so reasonable prices! :laugh:

There's a certain limit on the bag...I can't remember what it is exactly, but I'm sure you can find it on redskins.com. However, the lens is another story. If you bring a bag that is the appropriate size with the camera in it, there are no rules for not bringing a lens separately. You can conceal that in your jacket or whatever on the Subway (if you're that worried about it), and bring it out when you get to the stadium.

However, once you get past a certain level of telephoto lens, you NEED a tripod or else the picture will undoubtedly be blurry. So are you planning on bringing a tripod as well???

Tarhog is absolutely right. I have seen people argue with security over the size or their bag/purse. They are very strict ever since 9/11.QUOTE]

It's never been about security....they're just concerned that you might smuggle in a slim jim or some peanuts......

I remember reading that at some sporting events that pro type cameras (SLR with large zoom lenses) are not permitted. I have professional camera equipment where my 70-200mm f/2.8L lens is much larger than the SLR camera body. I'm pretty sure they won't let me in with that camera without a press pass.

The solution is to get a high-end point-and-shoot with a 12x optical zoom like the Panasonic Lumix.

Last year, I attended the Chicago home opener. I was able to bring in a Canon Digital Rebel with a 300mm lense. We had lower level seats and were able to get some spectacular pictures. The trick was not to bring the camera and lense in a bag - I just had it around my neck and security had no problems.

Last year, I attended the Chicago home opener. I was able to bring in a Canon Digital Rebel with a 300mm lense. We had lower level seats and were able to get some spectacular pictures. The trick was not to bring the camera and lense in a bag - I just had it around my neck and security had no problems.

This is exactly what my dad wants to bring, but I just feel that it wouldn't be safe to bring all that around his neck on the Metro.

I brought a 35mm camera and zoom lens to the Jets-Skins opener a few years ago...it was my son's first Skins game so I wanted to get photos of this monumental event.

When I went to the gate the lady turned me away and said if the camera bag doesn't fit in this box (pointing to an aluminum box attached to the gate - which was about 3" wide and 6" long"), then you cannot bring it in. So I started walking back to my car with the camera and another security guard, who saw the whole thing, ran up to me....and said, try bringing it in another gate...they'll probably let you through...she (other guard) is just a pain in the ass.

Sure enough...I walked down to the next gate and went right in. Nobody stopped me.

My dad and I scored season tickets this year, and my dad's a really avid photographer, and uses a pretty high-end camera. We're going to be in the nosebleeds, so for pictures he'd want to use a pretty sweet, but big, lens. His camera bag for all of this is bigger than the maximum small-purse size for the games. I know that cameras are allowed, but we'll be taking the Metro and wouldn't feel right carrying around the camera without the bag since it costs well into four digits. Anybody know a way to legally get the stuff in with the bag? Thanks!
Perhaps you might register the camera with FedEx field security, by explaining your predicament and intent they may have solutions for the problem. I, personally, would not try to "usurp" existing regulations by illegally "sliping" this expensive aparatus into the facility. This might lead to forfeiture of your season tickets.

Thanks, but this doesn't answer my question at all. I read the policy. I want to know about whether or not I can bring the camera in the bag.

Why don´t you carry the zoom and your father carry the camera in separate smaller purses/bags. Now, it's just and idea...

Archived