Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our New Punter...

FunBunch7

This guy Lonie HAS GOT TO BE BETTER that Frost. I like the fact that he is an aussie. Maybe if a return man breaks one and thinks he can just run by Lonie, he'll get decapitated and fumble.

Sounds like he may have some leg strength to do 55+ field goals as well.

Good bye Frost.

Does anyone know what happened to Tupa? I know he was injured but when he was healthy he was one of the best we've had around here in a LONG time!

I was wondering that too. I guess I assume he is retired since hes not in the ESPN player index.

While doing that bit of research I found that the Rams recently signed Matt Turk to a 1 year deal.

This guy reminds me of the place kicker from the movie "The Replacements". Thte dude that could kick the sh*t out of the ball and smoked on the field. I think the dude from the movie was english, not Austalian, but I hope this dude can kick the sh*t out of the ball too!

This guy reminds me of the place kicker from the movie "The Replacements". Thte dude that could kick the sh*t out of the ball and smoked on the field. I think the dude from the movie was english, not Austalian, but I hope this dude can kick the sh*t out of the ball too!
That's GOLD right there, my friend. Gold!

I actually like Frost, but open competition is always a good thing. It sounds like this guy has a lot of potential.

Clint

Oh man it would be a dream come true if this guy turns out to special and even more good enough to do everything Kickoffs, Field goals, and punting. I don't think anyone has ever done that before and that extra roster spot would be more than welcome.

Hmmm. High hopes in this thread for an undrafted rookie who hasn't even kicked in a preseason NFL game yet. The cold reality is that very few rookie punters succeed immediately with their first team.

The irony is that Frost is an inexperienced punter who may have a lot of potential. So why won't you guys cut him some slack before giving his job away to someone who has proven absolutely nothing? Wouldn't it be clever to be the last team to cut Frost before he "gets it" and becomes a good solid punter for the next ten years?

I vote for wait and see. Let them compete and see who does the best job.

This guy Lonie HAS GOT TO BE BETTER that Frost. I like the fact that he is an aussie. Maybe if a return man breaks one and thinks he can just run by Lonie, he'll get decapitated and fumble.

Sounds like he may have some leg strength to do 55+ field goals as well.

Good bye Frost.

It's a wonder you didn't start this thread with 'I did a search .....'. Maybe you should have!

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154824

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154977

The guy in the replacements was welsh by the way: Lonie being an australian will be a much better kicker than frost, in Australian Rules football, we kick the ball all the time, some players are able to kick a bigger and heavier ball over 50 yards consistently. Bennett and the aussie from the jets have shown that when it comes to kicking a ball the aussies do it best. after all kids in australia kick a football to each other all the time when they are growing up, so sign up lonie and lets get the season going, to see an aussie in B & G will satsify a dream for me, cos I am sick of seeing them in other teams colors.

Hmmm. High hopes in this thread for an undrafted rookie who hasn't even kicked in a preseason NFL game yet. The cold reality is that very few rookie punters succeed immediately with their first team.

The irony is that Frost is an inexperienced punter who may have a lot of potential. So why won't you guys cut him some slack before giving his job away to someone who has proven absolutely nothing? Wouldn't it be clever to be the last team to cut Frost before he "gets it" and becomes a good solid punter for the next ten years?

I vote for wait and see. Let them compete and see who does the best job.

I understand your point, but, what is there to "get" about punting. You either have a good leg and can punt with touch or you can't. A good punter could make our defense even better. Plus, maybe this Aussie can kick off instead of Hall who's kicks that landed on the 15 yd. line. Frost is a weak link on this team and if we can upgrade than we've got to say bye to Frost. He was terrible in the playoffs where he could have made a big difference.

Frost never impressed me. I'll give it to him going out there and trying, but how many times can someone watch his punts (20 yds in the air and 20 on the ground) and not cringe? We need to be able to pin our opponents back and a punter who can hang a ball up, place it deep when needed, and has touch is worth a spot. Plus the kid does kick offs?!! Hell that's a 2 fer 1 deal! Saves a roster spot for an extra OT to be picked up after June 1....

Archived