Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Live commentary saying you can't build a winning team in free agency.

WeThreeKingsRuleU

MrMadd hits 1,772!  

102 members have voted

1. 1. MrMadd hits 1,772!

• Congratulations! You've accomplished something truly special!
    • 1,772 posts -- I'm sure there was something worth reading in there.
    • You're great. My freakin' hero. We need more threads like this.

I just heard the talking heads on NFL live say it was absolutley impossible to build a team through free agency and that a play-off calibur team must be built through the draft...

No repsect

Plus, the ticker at the bottom of the screen was running blurb highlilghts from last year. Im not sure what they said about the cowboys or the eagles but the rest of the NFC east ran like this:

NY Giants; Offense ranked 3rd in NFL Redskins:First winning season since 1999

Now i know its no secret ESPN has some sort of grudge against the skins. But this is a team which will definately have success next year, having built itself up through free agency, and I'd like to see us get a little more respect from the talking heads.

That is all.

maybe we can get them to state that they will walk from their HQ to DC if we make it to the playoffs.....oh wait one schmuck already said that and welched.

and didnt chris "do i smell farts" carter welch on his bet to dress up as a hogette?

losers. when we win theyll all sing a different tune.

I just heard the talking heads on NFL live say it was absolutley impossible to build a team through free agency and that a play-off calibur team must be built through the draft...

No repsect

Plus, the ticker at the bottom of the screen was running blurb highlilghts from last year. Im not sure what they said about the cowboys or the eagles but the rest of the NFC east ran like this:

NY Giants; Offense ranked 3rd in NFL Redskins:First winning season since 1999

Now i know its no secret ESPN has some sort of grudge against the skins. But this is a team which will definately have success next year, having built itself up through free agency, and I'd like to see us get a little more respect from the talking heads.

That is all.

Yeah, I'm used to the grudge by now, but winning the big game would help to dull a little of it. IF the Redskins got to and won a SB they would somehow try to diminish it, but could not deny it. But we'd have to try to win by two td's to make up for the possible bad calls. And I have a feeling the media is just making up for the years they praised Wash. in the offseason and then went on to see Wash. have a miserable year, making them look foolish, and leaning them toward saying negative things because they had a better chance of being correct. But it is now their own fault they cannot recognize the Juggernaut that has been assembled. They have chosen not to rank us highly, despite the successful records of the coaching staff, the good group of players who won a playoff game despite injuries, and the successful FA's that were brought in, AND a draft which solved depth concerns and improved atleast 4 positions'. I'd rather roll right past them before they ever see us coming, and then they have to backtrack as if they saw it coming, than receive alot of early pre-season or mid-season credit.:applause: :applause: :2cents: :2cents:

NE won because they got very lucky with Brady. Pitts won because they got lucky with Ben R. This has been discussed before, but quality QBs and LTs are really the only positions where it is difficult to obtain in FA and must be drafted.

Neither Brady or Ben play Defense. Both of those teams had excellent D's-- Almost all of which were drafted talent.

they didn't even mention our team, let alone our division, or ****, even our conference

they were talking about the lack of offensive linemen in free agency... teams don't let them walk, they tag em up, or sign em to big deals... in reference to the Texans' inability to protect Carr

quit reaching

Neither Brady or Ben play Defense. Both of those teams had excellent D's-- Almost all of which were drafted talent.

our D is very good as well. and most if not all of our guys were drafted too......by someone.

there are no absolutes in the NFL. like anything els its not what you do but how you do it.

Snyders free agency style didnt work. Gibbs' does and will continue to do so.

Don't let the ****s grind you down. Every time someone doubts the Skins, smile and say, "just wait til August."

And how could any one doubt Gibss? The man has only been here 2 seasons and look what he's done with the disasterous team Spurrier left him. Let the man build his team as he sees fit and watch him march.

uh i think the redskins are building a team with character, football smarts, and toughness. When you combine all of that, you get a redskin. Building through the draft was the way a decade ago but now it's so difficult to keep players because of the salary cap. ESPN football anal-ass are just people like us, only they're *not biased*

You can build a team with the aid of free agency. In fact you really need to take advantage of free agency if you are going to be a successful team.

I think long term success comes from drafting well though. And that is still a concern of mine when it comes to this team. The front office sucks when it comes to finding decent players on the 2nd day of the draft. And most of the first day picks prior to Gibbs coming back are now gone as well.

You can build a team with the aid of free agency. In fact you really need to take advantage of free agency if you are going to be a successful team.

I think long term success comes from drafting well though. And that is still a concern of mine when it comes to this team. The front office sucks when it comes to finding decent players on the 2nd day of the draft. And most of the first day picks prior to Gibbs coming back are now gone as well.

sorry my friend, but as nice as it is, it is time to change your sig.

Shawn Springs- Free Agency

Adam Archuletta/Ryan Clark- Free Agency

Cornelius Griffin- free agency

Andre Carter- free agency

renaldo wynn- free agency

Carlos Rogers- Draft

Sean Taylor- Draft

Roger McIntosh- Draft

phillip daniels- Free agency

Marcus Washington- free agency

Lemar Marshall- free agency

Santana Moss- Trade

Clinton Portis- trade

Brandon Lloyd- trade

Antwaan Randle El- free agency

Mark Brunell- Free agency

Randy Thomas- Free agency

Derrick Dockery- draft

Jon Jansen- draft

Chris Samuels-Draft

Casey Rabach- Free agency

David Patten- Free agency

Chris Cooley- Draft

Christian Fauria- Free agency

Mike Sellers- Free agency/rookie

Media=Retards

sorry my friend, but as nice as it is, it is time to change your sig.

I have a few ideas in mind but haven't had the time to do it yet. Don't worry though, I'll have a new and improved signature image by the time camp starts.

our D is very good as well. and most if not all of our guys were drafted too......by someone.

Good thinking. I'm gonna use that the next time someone tells me that great teams build through the draft or anything about drafting and the Redskins.:laugh:

Actually 6 of the Patriots defensive starters in 2001 were free agent pickups.

Terrell Buckley

Bobby Hamilton

Anthony Pleasant

Mike Vrabel

Roman Phifer

Otis Smith

They have done a great job in subsequent drafts but their defense still had a few free agents last year.

Mike Vrabel

Roosevelt Colvin

Chad Brown

Rodney Harrison

They also tried to plug secondary holes with Chad Scott, Duane Starks and Tyrone Poole.

Really, you get good players however you can, through FA, the draft, whatever.

There are pluses and minuses to all methods. FA are easier to scout, but there aren't a whole lot of really good ones, and it can get expensive. The draft is a cheaper way to go, but it is more scattershot and the guys you pick up may not contribute anytime soon.

I find it silly when the experts say that you can't build through FA, that you must build through the draft. For some positions, it is just easier to find a few estabished guys and build around them. It certainly is working so far for us.

Jason

Archived