Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's for dinner?

mistymjohnson

My upstairs neighbors are all sick with a cold today, and I decided to cook them a dinner.

Marinated and Grilled Chicken Breasts

Cheesy Angelhair Pasta

Steamed Asparagus

Last but not least... Homemade Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake

This got me curious as to what you are having for dinner? Perhaps some of us will inspire others with an idea or be inspired ourselves.

MERGE!

(Just kidding)

Seriously though, just ordered a Beef Bacon Cheddar sub with hot peppers, sauteed onions, lettuce and italian dressing. Yummy. And better yet, I don't have to make it! :)

Got people coming over for the fight tonite. Marinating a whole pork loin (which I'll grill) in pineapple, orange, lime juice and soy sauce. I made a mango salsa (which also goes well with roast duck I hear ;) ) with jalepeno and habanero that's hotter than ****. We'll make sandwiches out of it. ALso got some rum and coke for the cuba libres. I like it when it's at my house cause I don't worry about driving home. The part that sucks is the cleaning up of the pad that I'm procrastinating right now.

***Cough, cough****

Ifnya lived closer... I would hook you up!

Seriously though, just ordered a Beef Bacon Cheddar sub with hot peppers, sauteed onions, lettuce and italian dressing. Yummy. And better yet, I don't have to make it! :)

Wow! Quite the sub you ordered there.

...Marinating a whole pork loin (which I'll grill) in pineapple, orange, lime juice and soy sauce. I made a mango salsa (which also goes well with roast duck I hear ;) ) with jalepeno and habanero that's hotter than ****. We'll make sandwiches out of it. ALso got some rum and coke for the cuba libres...

Sounds good. Interesting choice of marinade. My chicken was marinated in the juices of blood oranges and key limes (along with a splash of liquid smoke and tequilla).

Sounds good. Interesting choice of marinade. My chicken was marinated in the juices of blood oranges and key limes (along with a splash of liquid smoke and tequilla).

The smoke should make that one, it's hard to cook chicken breast long enough to smoke it naturally. Sounds righteous. mmmm

I started with this and kinda made it my own. The net is a really good place to start and as long as you're a little adventursome you can add or subtract whatever you want. My folks just got back from the caribbean and brought me back a nice bottle of rum so I thought I'd stay in character.

http://fooddownunder.com/cgi-bin/recipe.cgi?r=121677

How does Chocolate Cake help them get over a cold?

I actually revised the recipe a tad bit by adding a pinch of cayenne to the frosting. Also, I made them hot chocolate (they are big into that and cappuccino). That too is made with cayenne. It is not really enough to taste, but enough to help you sweat out your cold.

Hamburger helper bacon cheese burger flavor:(

maybe tomorrow I'll have raman noodles :(

It sucks living on your own and not having your mother to cook for you anymore... didn't realize that I would miss my parents this much ;) :laugh:

LEARN HOW TO COOK!!!!

Chicks dig it too!! :D

I actually revised the recipe a tad bit by adding a pinch of cayenne to the frosting. Also, I made them hot chocolate (they are big into that and cappuccino). That too is made with cayenne. It is not really enough to taste, but enough to help you sweat out your cold.

Cold or fever? :)

FYI, the body fights infection by raising its internal temperature to cook (ie. kill) the pathogens.... that's its natural defense system. Sweating allows the body to cool off and not overheat during the process... thus killing the host (ie. you).

If the folks are going to sweat... they're going to sweat :)

No need to ruin a perfectly good cake with "cayenne" :laugh: It's not going to help :)

Archived