Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For everyone that doesn't get it...

Renegade7

Good job Renegade. I too was shocked that anyone would consider another team our greatest rival. Personally, I think that's a result of the lack of media attention the rivarly garnered during our recent lean years. For those who became Redskins fans the past ten years, they haven't seen the rivarly that we saw.

As pointed out before, they stole LeBaron, but the rivalry started because George Preston Marshall, our owner, wouldn't allow an NFL team to be located in Dallas (he wanted the South to himself) until the Dallas owner (don't recall the name and don't care) threatend to copyright "Hail to the Redskins" and prevent the Redskins from using it.

Then George Allen fired up the rivalry because he understood to win the NFC East we had to beat the Cowboys. Allen once said if the outcome of the game depended on him kicking Landry's butt at mid-field, he'd do it. And the Redskins did it in an era that the Cowboys were dominant.

Other reasons to hate the Cowboys over other teams:

Five Super Bowls (Giants 2, Eagles 0)

Clint Longley (look it up - I still can't talk about it)

The Funeral Wreath Game (Too Talll or one of 'em tossed a Wreath in our locker room after they beat us in Dallas eliminating us from the playoffs).

Drug bust after drug bust after drug bust (and it keeps going - See Irvin, Michael)

They get Duke-like calls (see Offensive Pass Interference non call vs. Vikings in playoffs circa 1975)

Jimmy Johnson

Jerry Jones

The list goes on and no other team comes close. Do I hate the Giants and Eagles - yes. But I HATE the Cowboys!

Hail,

H

Let's see...

They held our fight song hostage.

They stole Eddie Lebaron

They inappropriately use the title "America's Team".

Not to mention the George Allen days which are recent in comparison.

Dallas it is. Without a doubt.

Giants don't even come close. Iggles are closer... but still don't rank near #1.

:2cents:

Let's see...

They held our fight song hostage.

They stole Eddie Lebaron

They inappropriately use the title "America's Team".

Not to mention the George Allen days which are recent in comparison.

Dallas it is. Without a doubt.

Giants don't even come close. Iggles are closer... but still don't rank near #1.

:2cents:

Good point about that America's Team crap. I agree, Eagles are closer because they are so classless (especially thier fans - Sorry Westy). I used to love watching 5'7" Pat Fischer take on the 6'8" Harold Carmichael!

Hail,

H

has anyone mentioned it's because they "stole" eddie labaron from us back in the day? i really and truly hate the freaking cowboys!
Thank you. Finally, someone with a sense of history.:cheers:

i'm smart enuf to know that the 'boys are our most hated rivals by far. but please enlighten me on this.

the only theory i ever heard was that when the nfl made the stupid mistake of expanding to dallas, the 'skins sucked. the 'skins-dallas games were the 2 games that each team had a solid chance to win.

i'd love to hear the lebaron story.

i'm smart enuf to know that the 'boys are our most hated rivals by far. but please enlighten me on this.

the only theory i ever heard was that when the nfl made the stupid mistake of expanding to dallas, the 'skins sucked. the 'skins-dallas games were the 2 games that each team had a solid chance to win.

i'd love to hear the lebaron story.

Others may be able to elaborate more, but basically LaBaron was the Redskins QB and decided to retire after the 1959 season. But, the Cowboys talked him out of retirement with the promise that he could work at a Dallas law firm. He decided to go to Dallas where he helped groom "Dandy" Don Meredith. I think we ended up getting draft picks for him though. Today what Dallas did would be considered tampering.

Hail,

H

When I was six, my father came home with a "surprise" for me. It was a cowboys helmet that he had picked up at a yard sale for $1. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I hated the helmet so I accepted it and thanked him. The following day I went out to his shop and removed the face mask and decals. I picked up some sand paper and went to work. It took me about four days, but when I was finished, there was not a speck of silver or blue left on that helmet. A couple coats of burgandy, some white and gold electrical tape, and I had one sweet Redskins helmet!

When my dad saw the finished product, he said to me, "you really like the 'Skins huh?". Yep.

I have hated the cowboys from the moment I knew what a football was!! And I always will!

When I was six, my father came home with a "surprise" for me. It was a cowboys helmet that he had picked up at a yard sale for $1. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I hated the helmet so I accepted it and thanked him. The following day I went out to his shop and removed the face mask and decals. I picked up some sand paper and went to work. It took me about four days, but when I was finished, there was not a speck of silver or blue left on that helmet. A couple coats of burgandy, some white and gold electrical tape, and I had one sweet Redskins helmet!

When my dad saw the finished product, he said to me, "you really like the 'Skins huh?". Yep.

I have hated the cowboys from the moment I knew what a football was!! And I always will!

Now that is inspiring. :laugh:

Very cool HPD! Still have the helmet?

Hail,

H

There was no question in my mind that my most hated rival is Dallas. But, this morning reaffirmed that.

On the way to work I stopped to get gas, I had to go into the store to get some other stuff. As I walked in the door there was a guy with a Dallas, cap and shirt on. I, as usual, was sporting my redskins cap. He began immediately ridiculing me, saying under his breath that the Redskins suck. . . told me he hated me, and to get the f*** out of here. So I, of course turned to him and ripped him up one side and down the other. Threatened to rip his head off and utilize it as a trophy. I told him yep, you must be a cowgirl fan, because you are simply ugly. Needless to say, it almost came to blows. Don’t mess with a crazy man.

I HATE THE COWBOYS, and all their fans. The worst in the NFL by far.

So, Cowpie fans that may read this F*** you. GO REDSKINS

No doubt . .. DALLAS sucks.

Nice VID....

Hail ........................................

Remember that commercial Tom Landry was in I think it was early 90s he was in a cowboy outfit with a bunch of redskins..... that was funny as hell...

Nothing like a good Redskin and Cowboys game.... my fav.... now with Parcells coaching... its fun again.....

I can't believe what I'm reading. If I see one more thread asking who our arch-rival is, I'm going to just flat out stop coming here. This is the offical redskins message board and ya'll don't know Dallas is it? What's wrong with ya'll?! Where have ya'll been? Who raised you? Look, if I come off as being rude or mean, it's because I know it will grab your attention and you WILL understand why to hate Dallas. I'm tired of telling you why, so for all the newbies, I'm going to show you why so many of us will NEVER hate any team more then the Dallas Cowboys.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8cLbZsvVRpE&search=redskins-cowboys

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rGZTO9XvwwY&search=redskins-cowboys

Ya'll get it now? Glad to be of service then.

KNOW YOUR HISTORY!!!

EXTREMESKINS.com - Our Biggest Rival This one was a duplicate so at one time their were 2 of these threads

EXTREMESKINS.com - Makings of a new arch Rivalry?

EXTREMESKINS.com - Who Do You Hate More Giants Or Dallas?

EXTREMESKINS.com - Most important Road Trip of 06!!

Heres four of them. All 4 were on the first 2 pages of the Stadium. Renegade7s opening line made perfect sense. Im glad he started a thread about it.

pwn3d!!!!!!!!

Others may be able to elaborate more, but basically LaBaron was the Redskins QB and decided to retire after the 1959 season. But, the Cowboys talked him out of retirement with the promise that he could work at a Dallas law firm. He decided to go to Dallas where he helped groom "Dandy" Don Meredith. I think we ended up getting draft picks for him though. Today what Dallas did would be considered tampering.

Hail,

H

thank you. not that i needed any more reasons to hate dallas. :laugh:

Exactly. You can hate the Cryboys, but they suck. Better to hate my team, 'cause we have the STUDS: Shockey, Burress, Moss, Osi, Strahan, Demps, Gibril Wilson, The Snee, Tiki, Eli the Gun, Mathias Kiwanuka (remember the name of this 1st Rounder from Uganda, your future African Nightmare...) Wilkinson, Pierce, and Lamar Harrington. Giants will invade Washington and stomp you Redskins DOWN!:lift:

yeah the past few years my hatred for the giants has grown in large proportions. i hate them more than dallas now

Exactly. You can hate the Cryboys, but they suck. Better to hate my team, 'cause we have the STUDS: Shockey, Burress, Moss, Osi, Strahan, Demps, Gibril Wilson, The Snee, Tiki, Eli the Gun, Mathias Kiwanuka (remember the name of this 1st Rounder from Uganda, your future African Nightmare...) Wilkinson, Pierce, and Lamar Harrington. Giants will invade Washington and stomp you Redskins DOWN!:lift:

Ah ha ha... no.

I can't believe what I'm reading. If I see one more thread asking who our arch-rival is, I'm going to just flat out stop coming here. This is the offical redskins message board and ya'll don't know Dallas is it? What's wrong with ya'll?! Where have ya'll been? Who raised you? Look, if I come off as being rude or mean, it's because I know it will grab your attention and you WILL understand why to hate Dallas. I'm tired of telling you why, so for all the newbies, I'm going to show you why so many of us will NEVER hate any team more then the Dallas Cowboys.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8cLbZsvVRpE&search=redskins-cowboys

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rGZTO9XvwwY&search=redskins-cowboys

Ya'll get it now? Glad to be of service then.

KNOW YOUR HISTORY!!!

With all the "y'all" talk, you sound like a Dallas fan! Get 'em! :dallasuck

Guest santana4prez

Ranking some of those players studs made your post seem rather homerish.:laugh:

p.s. The Cowboys are always are #1 rivals and if you want me to be honest they have a better team than your Giants.

Eli the Gun :rotflmao:

Archived