Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For everyone that doesn't get it...

Renegade7

Ranking some of those players studs made your post seem rather homerish.:laugh:

p.s. The Cowboys are always are #1 rivals and if you want me to be honest they have a better team than your Giants.

Eli the Gun :rotflmao:

I think he just went down the roster and picked at random. Moss? He's a stud? Fine, he's the younger brother of Santana (BTW, a real stud), but he's done absolutely nothing! I know I'm not going to consider Rocky to be a stud until he proves it.

Lamar Harrington?

I really hate those star head ****s!

Tradition in my wife's family was to have a star on the top of the tree at Christmas. This is perfectly normal. However, my wife's "family star" had a hint of blue in it. The next year it went "missing". I gladly replaced the star with an angel.

I really can't (or rather won't) say what happened to that star. But I can't help smiling when I look at the replacement angel every year!!

HAIL!

:laugh: Thats great! Your my new hero!

DallASS and always DallASS!

Hate EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other reasons to hate the Cowboys over other teams:

Five Super Bowls (Giants 2, Eagles 0)

Clint Longley (look it up - I still can't talk about it)

The Funeral Wreath Game (Too Talll or one of 'em tossed a Wreath in our locker room after they beat us in Dallas eliminating us from the playoffs).

Drug bust after drug bust after drug bust (and it keeps going - See Irvin, Michael)

They get Duke-like calls (see Offensive Pass Interference non call vs. Vikings in playoffs circa 1975)

Jimmy Johnson

Jerry Jones

The list goes on and no other team comes close. Do I hate the Giants and Eagles - yes. But I HATE the Cowboys!

Hail,

H

Brought tears to my eyes....I stood up in the middle of reading your post and put a hand over my heart!

Makes me want to head to my local hick-bar and beat up a cowpuke!:redpunch:

HTTR

Historically speaking, our "Arch-rival" would be the Chicago Bears. They beat us 73-0 in 1940 for the title, which is still the largest defeat in NFL history. We got revenge two years later to beat them for the title.

This doesn't mean that I don't hate the Cowpukes because I do. But the thread starter said know your history. Here's a cool link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/redskins/longterm/1997/history/timeline/articles/list.htm

Historically speaking, our "Arch-rival" would be the Chicago Bears. They beat us 73-0 in 1940 for the title, which is still the largest defeat in NFL history. We got revenge two years later to beat them for the title.

This doesn't mean that I don't hate the Cowpukes because I do. But the thread starter said know your history. Here's a cool link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/redskins/longterm/1997/history/timeline/articles/list.htm

:doh:

:doh:

I realize that you're only 17 but the world wasn't created in 1989. Part of why we fans love the 'Skins is their long history. That history was made by many men dedicated to excellence. To marginalize them would be wrong. Hate the Cowpukes all you want. They deserve it. However, I suggest you follow your own advise and learn the whole history of our beloved team.

Hail.:helmet:

There is no other team in pro sports that i hate more. No team even comes close. I hate everything about them and every player associated witht them. :dallasuck :point2sky :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

As pointed out before, they stole LeBaron, but the rivalry started because George Preston Marshall, our owner, wouldn't allow an NFL team to be located in Dallas (he wanted the South to himself) until the Dallas owner (don't recall the name and don't care) threatend to copyright "Hail to the Redskins" and prevent the Redskins from using it.

Redskin band director Barney Breeskin (who wrote HTTR - words by G.P. Marshalls wife, Corrine Griffith) wanted revenge for the failed negotiations with G.P.Marshall, so he sold the rights to Clint Murchison's lawyer Tom Webb for $2,500.

The Funeral Wreath Game (Too Talll or one of 'em tossed a Wreath in our locker room after they beat us in Dallas eliminating us from the playoffs).

At first I thought it was Hollywood Henderson, but then Harvey Martin came to mind so I looked it up (includes the Cardinal debacle):

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/redskins/longterm/1997/history/allart/dw1979b.htm

Guest santana4prez

That is a great link. Thanks.:notworthy

but ...........................

The Cowboys our easily the Skins #1 rivals. Just because a team beats us down dosent mean that is our biggest rivalry. Yes 73-0 was bad but the Cowboys are the Skins most hated rival. The Skins beat the Giants one game 72-41 does that mean the Giants think the the Skins are there #1 Rival? The Jags beat the Dolphins 62-7 in the playoffs one year does that mean the Dolphins #1 rivals are the Jags?

Damn that second video link was not fun to watch.

We need to keep this thread alive until we play those ****s again.

Would be wonderful if this could be stickyed.

I wish the highlight of Jeff George being dragged on the Texas Stadium turf by Ebenezer Ekuban, and our offense doing nothing after the play was on that clip. I was never, ever so furious with the Redskins as I was after that play...that was truly the lowest point in the rivalry IMO.

You better believe if one of them tried to do that to Brunell with the pride and togetherness our players have now, there would be fists flying.

That is a great link. Thanks.:notworthy

but ...........................

The Cowboys our easily the Skins #1 rivals. Just because a team beats us down dosent mean that is our biggest rivalry. Yes 73-0 was bad but the Cowboys are the Skins most hated rival. The Skins beat the Giants one game 72-41 does that mean the Giants think the the Skins are there #1 Rival? The Jags beat the Dolphins 62-7 in the playoffs one year does that mean the Dolphins #1 rivals are the Jags?

Not denying that the Cowpukes are our biggest rivals now. I was simply trying to shed some light on the past, since that was the premise of the thread. In the 40's it was the Skins and Bears. Then Satan spawned the Cowpukes and the rest is history, as they say.

I do think it interesting that Darrell Green said (I'm paraphrasing) there can't be much of a rivalry if one side wins ten years in a row. I'd like to think we can win the next nine to make it even. We owe the Dallas fans a decade of pain to make up for the last one I've suffered through.

Hail. :logo:

Not denying that the Cowpukes are our biggest rivals now. I was simply trying to shed some light on the past, since that was the premise of the thread. In the 40's it was the Skins and Bears. Then Satan spawned the Cowpukes and the rest is history, as they say.

I do think it interesting that Darrell Green said (I'm paraphrasing) there can't be much of a rivalry if one side wins ten years in a row. I'd like to think we can win the next nine to make it even. We owe the Dallas fans a decade of pain to make up for the last one I've suffered through.

Hail. :logo:

I agree completely. Before the 2005 sweep, the rivalry had begun dying because we lost 14 of 15...and I think naturally we became an afterthought to alot of Cowboy fans.

Man, if we somehow manage to beat them in week 2 again this year...that hasn't happened since the 1983/1984 seasons.

Guest santana4prez

Trust me scoring those 2 TDs on MNF and seeing the reaction of the fans shows me the rivalry is still as big as ever. Yes the Boys had a decade of dominance but everyone of those games both sides wanted to win bad. Any Cowboy fan who said the rivalry wasnt what it use to be was just trying to piss off Skins fans. The only rivalry anywhere as close as Skins/Boys is maybe Bears/Packers. Any Cowboy fan who says that sweep dosent upset them is just scared that the Skins are back and cant take the same smack they had been dishing for 10 years.

Trust me scoring those 2 TDs on MNF and seeing the reaction of the fans shows me the rivalry is still as big as ever. Yes the Boys had a decade of dominance but everyone of those games both sides wanted to win bad. Any Cowboy fan who said the rivalry wasnt what it use to be was just trying to piss off Skins fans. The only rivalry anywhere as close as Skins/Boys is maybe Bears/Packers. Any Cowboy fan who says that sweep dosent upset them is just scared that the Skins are back and cant take the same smack they had been dishing for 10 years.

I don't know the Chiefs-Raiders rivalry is pretty heated as well I think that might be as close to the Skins-Cowboys rivalry.

I get what you're saying, but the Bears are not our Arch Rivals. Maybe in the 40s they were, but they are not now.

I think Renegade's point was that some people think the Giants or Eagles are our Arch Rival just based on recent history (both have made it to a SB more recently than the Skins and 'Boys). I'm impressed and pleased as hell that he's only 17 and understands the past as well as he apparently does.

It's the Cowboys and no one comes close.

Hail,

H

Whats funny is that while Dallas leads the all-time series 52-34-1, we are 2-0 against them in NFC Championship games.

:cheers: But of course they will never speak on that we're 2-0 against them in NFCC games we beat them where it is mostly important!.

Historically since Dallas began in 1960, they have been a good team, but once we had our shots in the 70's to be playoff bound or go on to win the NFC Championship we have always had to beat them to get in. We have to go through Dallas to get into the playoffs. They seem to always be a contender. They have kept us out before. I can't stand cowgirls.

Guest santana4prez
I don't know the Chiefs-Raiders rivalry is pretty heated as well I think that might be as close to the Skins-Cowboys rivalry.

The KC/Oak Rivalry is up there as well. The game last year when Larry Johnson dove in the end zone from the 1 yd line on the last play of the game vs the Raiders made that rivalry even bigger. I still think Was/Dal and GB/Chi are bigger rivalries but I agree that KC/Oak is up there as well.

Whats funny is that while Dallas leads the all-time series 52-34-1, we are 2-0 against them in NFC Championship games.

Id rather have 34 victories and a 2-0 NFC Championship record any day of the week. :dallasuck

Exactly. You can hate the Cryboys, but they suck. Better to hate my team, 'cause we have the STUDS: Shockey, Burress, Moss, Osi, Strahan, Demps, Gibril Wilson, The Snee, Tiki, Eli the Gun, Mathias Kiwanuka (remember the name of this 1st Rounder from Uganda, your future African Nightmare...) Wilkinson, Pierce, and Lamar Harrington. Giants will invade Washington and stomp you Redskins DOWN!:lift:
Dude this is homerism at it's best,btw who is Lamar Harrington? :laugh:

Archived