Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marcus Vick to attend Dolphins Camp - espn source

gray

Seems like if they don't get Harrington they may have space for him. He has definitely made some unbelievably stupid choices but I think he could turn out to be a good QB if he has the right coaching. I sure hope he realizes the gift this chance is and uses it wisely.

In my opinion, Marcus Vick is simply a "thuG", He has been given chances and opportunities beyond belief and all he has done is, consistently "let down" his family, team-mates and supporters.

He proclaims that he is not like Maurice Clarett or Lawrence Phillips, however I think that he is a "carbon copy" of the same mold.

The Dolphins have extended him a free agent tender. I hope they realize that he "simply" does not have the "character" to accept responsibility.

One "bad apple" can easily ruin the whole barrell.

Guest sith lord
He has talent, it's just his character that's the problem. Marcus just went psyco in college, but I believe Nick Saban could wipe him into a man. He'll be a solid football player, watch.

Why is everyone so high on Saban? First he was gonna straighten out Ricky Williams. Didn't happen. Now he's gonna straighten out Marcus Vick. We'll see.

Why is everyone so high on Saban? First he was gonna straighten out Ricky Williams. Didn't happen. Now he's gonna straighten out Marcus Vick. We'll see.

Ricky has been straight.... made a bad choice in herbal supliments (not weed). Shoulda went to team Dr's for advice before taking (that was dumb).

Ricky has been straight.... made a bad choice in herbal supliments (not weed). Shoulda went to team Dr's for advice before taking (that was dumb).

Yeah I'm sure it wasn't weed.He was smoking more weed than Bob Marley during the off season.He said it was a herbal supliment so he might have a chance to come back.If you believe that your smoking better **** than him.

Yeah I'm sure it wasn't weed.He was smoking more weed than Bob Marley during the off season.He said it was a herbal supliment so he might have a chance to come back.If you believe that your smoking better **** than him.

it wasn't weed, and the nfl confirmed it not ricky.

Link?

All I have seen is him claiming it wasn't weed and others speculating on what it was. As far as I can determine the league hasn't said what it was.

Overnight Saban has made the fins a contender for the division, probably even more. This team is going in the right direciton and that 5 game winning streak to end the season wasn't too shabby either. I respect him, I believe he knows what he's doing.

Link?

All I have seen is him claiming it wasn't weed and others speculating on what it was. As far as I can determine the league hasn't said what it was.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/MIA/9367725

NEW YORK (April 9, 2006) -- Ricky Williams will meet with league officials April 10 seeking to overturn a drug suspension that could cost him the entire 2006 season.

League officials will not confirm drug suspensions under league policy that maintains confidentiality for positive tests. But Williams' agent, Leigh Steinberg, said last week that the hearing will take place at the NFL offices in New York.

If the positive test is upheld, it would be Williams' fourth violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy, meaning at least a one-year suspension.

"I don't know what happened, but I know Ricky didn't test positive for anything," Steinberg said. "Someone made a mistake."

Previous positive tests were for marijuana, which Williams acknowledged using. But the latest test apparently involved a drug other than marijuana.

Williams retired and sat out the 2004 season. He owes the Dolphins $8.6 million for breaching his contract, and motivated at least partly by the need for a paycheck, he returned last year to play for new Miami coach Nick Saban.

Before being allowed to return, Williams served a four-game suspension at the start of the season for his third violation of the drug program. He still ran for 743 yards last season and gained 4.4 per carry while sharing playing time with rookie Ronnie Brown. Williams gained 280 yards in the final two games when Brown was hurt.

AP NEWS

The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2006, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

From what I heard he said he took Herbal supliments that made his drug test contaminated.Meaning that they can't tell what he did.This also means he could of been smoking bud and took something to clear it from a drug test and it came up contaminated.Why would he take herbal supliments? What were they for?Why would he risk getting banned so he could have some herbal tea or whatever the **** you want to call it? Now before you say I'm wrong asnwer those questions.:cool:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/MIA/9367725

NEW YORK (April 9, 2006) -- Ricky Williams will meet with league officials April 10 seeking to overturn a drug suspension that could cost him the entire 2006 season.

League officials will not confirm drug suspensions under league policy that maintains confidentiality for positive tests. But Williams' agent, Leigh Steinberg, said last week that the hearing will take place at the NFL offices in New York.

If the positive test is upheld, it would be Williams' fourth violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy, meaning at least a one-year suspension.

"I don't know what happened, but I know Ricky didn't test positive for anything," Steinberg said. "Someone made a mistake."

Previous positive tests were for marijuana, which Williams acknowledged using. But the latest test apparently involved a drug other than marijuana.

Williams retired and sat out the 2004 season. He owes the Dolphins $8.6 million for breaching his contract, and motivated at least partly by the need for a paycheck, he returned last year to play for new Miami coach Nick Saban.

Before being allowed to return, Williams served a four-game suspension at the start of the season for his third violation of the drug program. He still ran for 743 yards last season and gained 4.4 per carry while sharing playing time with rookie Ronnie Brown. Williams gained 280 yards in the final two games when Brown was hurt.

AP NEWS

The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2006, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

And this proves what? That he's a bud smoker and doesn't want to admit that he made the same mistake.:doh: To tell you the truth I have no problem with people smoking weed.I wouldn't want a player on my team smoking weed but he should have the right to do that in my opinion.

Who knows,Ricky did get into yoga and other stuff that involves with natures which might explain the herbs.

Anyways, I hope Marcus Vick can get back into shape and hopefully Coach Saban is the man for the job. Would be a shame to see such talent go to waste.

Archived