Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins sign Miami (FL) TE Buck Ortega...

wilbur58z

....according to the Miami Herald.

Another player from "The U"....

He's listed as 6'5" and 225 lbs on ESPN's web site.

Sounds like the Tony Gonzalez type receiving TE Saunders might want. But he'd have to seriously bulk up...

by God, he is probowl type of TE. can you imagine him and Cooley in the formations. great pickup :cool:

That's not what you were saying.

You were saying I compared Ortega to Gonzalez because they have Mexican last names.

That is hilarious. You accuse me of something only *you* thought of.

And nowhere do I compare Ortega to Gonzales in terms of quality.

I compare the two in terms of style i.e. both are pass catching TEs with downfield ability. Neither are blocking TEs to say the least.

Obviously some of us are just not thinking before they post.

Slow your roll partner!

I said you drew comparison to T. Gonzalez because of the latino connection with their names. YES!!!

By mentioning Ortega, you are comparing what YOU think he can be in the NFL someday. What else would you be comparing him too?

AGAIN, why compare to Gonzalez is all I'm stating? The guy is an undrafted free agent and shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.

Would take a guy coming out of college that was signed as an undrafted minor league player in baseball and compare him to Barry Bonds, just because he was the same size as Barry Bonds?

Yet you pick the ONLY other latino TE in the league and compare this guy to him... :rolleyes:

So yes, one could deduce that you were making a comparison based on the shared racial/cultural heritage of the two players. It's ok though, it happens all the time. I was just stating that it is a very *silly* way of lviewing players and making comparisons.

That is all. :2cents:

Slow your roll partner!

I said you drew comparison to T. Gonzalez because of the latino connection with their names. YES!!!

So yes, one could deduce that you were making a comparison based on the shared racial/cultural heritage of the two players. It's ok though, it happens all the time. I was just stating that it is a very *silly* way of lviewing players and making comparisons.

That is all. :2cents:

It's a stretch what you're saying. You thought of it not him...should've stuck with the apology post.

This guy is likely going to struggle to make the roster regardless of potential IMO.

Sounds like the Tony Gonzalez type receiving TE Saunders might want. .

Sorry guys, there is no defense for the above statement. Wasn't McCune going to be the starting MLB last year? According to A LOT of morons on this site he was. :rolleyes: Could this kid be good one day? Sure. Should anyone EVER compare an UNDRAFTED player to a perennial probowler? No....never. :2cents:

It makes perfect sense to compare a nobody to a perrenial probowler if their styles are comprable. Never in his post did he say Ortega was going to be better than Gonzalez or even comprable in production. He said he was tall with solid athleticism and good hands. It is like comparing Sinorice Moss with Santana. Both are little guys with big speed. The fact that Sinorice was not nearly as effective in college as Santana nor the fact that they are brothers does not make this comparison stupid. The fact that they are both black and therefore I must be making a racial comparison makes it stupid:silly:

It makes perfect sense to compare a nobody to a perrenial probowler if their styles are comprable. Never in his post did he say Ortega was going to be better than Gonzalez or even comprable in production. He said he was tall with solid athleticism and good hands. It is like comparing Sinorice Moss with Santana. Both are little guys with big speed. The fact that Sinorice was not nearly as effective in college as Santana nor the fact that they are brothers does not make this comparison stupid. The fact that they are both black and therefore I must be making a racial comparison makes it stupid:silly:

???

Did you even read any of my subsequent posts. Particularly the point I made about the comparison in baseball of an undrafted free agent minor league player to Barry Bonds, one of our era's greatest to suit up.

Is that not a similar situation to what we have here with comparing an undrafted free agent to this era's greatest TE. The leap in the comparison comes when you examine the ONLY tie between the two is their shared latino heritage/name. This is not something that, I just perceived, it is a valid point. Sometimes things occur to people deliberatelyand other times subconciously, and it happens alot in the media (of which many people are influenced) all the time and that it is a silly, thoughtless process.

That is the crux of my whole statement!

I will interject at this point that the argument of picking Gonzales to compare Ortega to based on his last name and race, and not the fact that both were or will be coached by Al Saunders and similar in frame is as silly as saying that if you look at the last 2 drafts we drafted McCune and McIntosh as LB's, so there must be a rule on the Skins that every year we have to draft a person with an Mc in their name to be a LB.

I will interject at this point that the argument of picking Gonzales to compare Ortega to based on his last name and race, and not the fact that both were or will be coached by Al Saunders and similar in frame is as silly as saying that if you look at the last 2 drafts we drafted McCune and McIntosh as LB's, so there must be a rule on the Skins that every year we have to draft a person with an Mc in their name to be a LB.

Oh, and that NEVER happens, where one player is compared to another of similar racial cultural background and not necessarily skill-level.

Riiiight!!!

What was I thinking?

:doh:

I just read that he was recruited to Miami to play QB but moved to tight end.

He'd have to get up to at least around 240 or 245 to play tight end, if even that.

They might be looking at him as a QB.

If he couldn't play QB in college what makes you think a pro team would even consider that.

Archived