Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins sign Miami (FL) TE Buck Ortega...

wilbur58z

???

Did you even read any of my subsequent posts. Particularly the point I made about the comparison in baseball of an undrafted free agent minor league player to Barry Bonds, one of our era's greatest to suit up.

Is that not a similar situation to what we have here with comparing an undrafted free agent to this era's greatest TE. The leap in the comparison comes when you examine the ONLY tie between the two is their shared latino heritage/name. This is not something that, I just perceived, it is a valid point. Sometimes things occur to people deliberatelyand other times subconciously, and it happens alot in the media (of which many people are influenced) all the time and that it is a silly, thoughtless process.

That is the crux of my whole statement!

I see your point but the point we are all trying to make is OF COURSE in terms of talent/ability he isn't comparable, but in terms of size and style he is. Maybe they should have picked a lesser TE to compare, but it is far easier to remember a player like Tony G then some random other 6'5" receiving TE.

IMHO, it was just a matter of what came to mind first, not race (which does happen, but I really don't think it did in this case) or ability, that made him say Tony G before any other TE.

Archived