Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Day Two Draft Thread: Redskins draft talk here.

Art

I like it SC. I think punters are grossly underrated in general; even moreso than kickers. Soooo many games are decided or greatly influenced by field position. A great punter can swing the entire tide of a game in your favor.

QUOTE]

I feel the same about FG kickers too. They are blasted, paid the least and made fun of etc etc, but statistically I bet most games (esp close ones) come down to a made or missed FG, or even an X-point.

OK guys time to refocus priorities. OL depth should be the #1 need on the Skins today. CB was a higher priority in the early rounds as possible future replacement Springs while giving servicablehelpt this year, but these 4th-7th rounders most likely won't match the quality at depth we already have on the team. OL possiblities in the 5th and 6ht may very well be an upgrade to our current OL back-ups. My prediction is the Redskins will draft OG Adam Stenevich.

I HIGHLY diasgree with that assessment. While they are filling needs, bunkly is a physical specimen, not a producer, gocong was a stretch, and the two o-lineman will not have an immediate impact. If they are on the field it's bad news for the feables.

I hope Bunkley busts out but at this point this draft is looking great for the Eagles. If you have to grade it now the Eagles definately would be considered to have had one of the best if not the best draft. Heck they drafted three players that could have gone in the 1st.

Today we need to focus on both lines and the kicking game. I agree with the poster who said that secondary talent available this late in the game would be hard pressed to upgrade our depth. We're not looking for depth, we were looking for an eventual replacement for Shawn Springs. We arent going to find that in the 5th round.

Does anyone expect to here any of these 2 names called today?

1. Marcus Vick

2. Jai Lewis

7th rounders at the most. The only way Marcus Vick is gonna get drafted is if the team that picks him truley believes he can become a starting Quarterback in this league and they pick him becuase they wanna give him some confidence.

Template for today's picks.

This sucks. We should have picked _______ instead of_____!

Another shining example of the incompetency of the FO.

Who the heck is_________?

We should have traded that pick and the _____ pick to get ______

Camp Fodder.

:)

You forgot: " Vinny Cerrato sucks"

:laugh:

John Clayton just brought up Donnie Edwards again. Right now, its looking like a team might be able to get him for a late round pick. He is near the end of the road, but would give us a top-tier starter today and allow McIntosh time to learn as a backup. Edwards' price tag is a little high, but I'm sure we could restructure his deal like only we know how. Donnie Edwards for a 6th round pick is an absolute steal, and IMO would put us over the top. :logo:

Archived