Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Byner: Portis' Goal is 2000 yards

CPstretch

Very possibly if the OL remains healthy.

I don't know if that is very possible even with a healthy OL. Betts will get his carries and Portis does start to wear down at the end of the season. But enough hating, I think Portis will go for 2,200, break the record and lead us to a Super Bowl.

With the addition of Al saunders and the running scheme that Larry Johnson and Priest Holmes ran, I find it very possible

IIRC, Saunders will be in charge of the passing game and play-calling, while Bugel is in charge of the running game. This would be similar to the setup in KC.

It would appear that Bugel's still the man for the run game. Of all the coaches, I've been disappointed with his peformance so far.

Guest santana4prez

Late last season you could tell Portis was finally starting to adjust to the Redskins and become the same back he was in Denver. Portis could reach 2,000 yds and with the talent surrounding him he will have holes to run through.

HTTR and Portis!!!!!:notworthy :helmet: :notworthy

Clinton Portis' potential this year excites me greatly. However, I do NOT believe he will rack up 2000yds. I mean, how many people have done it before? (4) [Lewis, Dickerson, Simpson, Payton?]

Plus, if the additional ground threat of Randel El / Moss with reverse type trickery generates the yardage I hope it does, it might not leave room for 125yd/game average for CP. :2cents:

Archived