Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Byner: Portis' Goal is 2000 yards

CPstretch

I keep thinking even if everything goes as well as we hope offensively, without any real problems, how can there be enough touches for everybody to play their role and even equal any of the individual records set last season? I mean I expect our overall stats to soar, but individually?

But if I could pick one, it would be this one with Portis. Even with all this passing power we'll bring to the field next season, I would love for our signature play to be CP dancing down the field into the end zone.

1700-1800 yards for CP, and 15-20 TD's. Just too much talent on the field. You have to remember KC and Baltimore have NO good recievers. The only decent recieving threat they have is their TE's. So I think 2000 yards might be asking a bit much. I just want Portis to break his own record ;) .

Clinton Portis' potential this year excites me greatly. However, I do NOT believe he will rack up 2000yds. I mean, how many people have done it before? (4) [Lewis, Dickerson, Simpson, Payton?]

Plus, if the additional ground threat of Randel El / Moss with reverse type trickery generates the yardage I hope it does, it might not leave room for 125yd/game average for CP. :2cents:

I'm pretty sure that Terrell Davis and Barry Sanders(the greatest RB of all-time) got 2000 also.

other teams arent gonna stack up the box against us this year, but running is still our bread and butter. with randy thomas coming back and al saunder's scheme, he could have a very productive year. that being said, 2000 yards is crazy. itll be tought to do

IIRC, Saunders will be in charge of the passing game and play-calling, while Bugel is in charge of the running game. This would be similar to the setup in KC.

It would appear that Bugel's still the man for the run game. Of all the coaches, I've been disappointed with his peformance so far.

How could you be dissapointed with Joe Bugel? Our O line sucked before he came back, we couldnt run the ball or protect a QB.

natty,

the 4 players to hit 2K are Simpson, Lewis, Dickerson and Sanders, not Payton. Sorry. Didn't mean to step on your toes.

Not a problem, I was shootin' off the cuff anyway.

I would to clairfy my post. I think that CP is a 2000YD caliber back (unlike WeOwnU thinks) I just don't think it's going to happen next year.

I hope I'm wrong.

I keep thinking even if everything goes as well as we hope offensively, without any real problems, how can there be enough touches for everybody to play their role and even equal any of the individual records set last season? I mean I expect our overall stats to soar, but individually?

But if I could pick one, it would be this one with Portis. Even with all this passing power we'll bring to the field next season, I would love for our signature play to be CP dancing down the field into the end zone.

That reminds me of the possi, all 3 had 1000 yard seasons with a 1000 yard RB. Would be nice to see that happen again this year :cheers:

haha if he gets 2,000 yards we are gonna have three pissed off wide recievers.

I think 1600 to 1700 with over 15 TDs should be his goal.

I agree. 2000 yards is possible but unlikely. We have too many weapons and the defense in our division are bery talented.

Guest santana4prez
Portis is not a 2000 yard back. Sorry, ain't gonna happen. Get it out of your heads.

Especially in the NFC East.

With the talent the Skins have around them you never know , 1500-1600 yds is more likely. Why are you upset? Oh I know the backs yall have cant even stay healthy.:laugh:

Archived