Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Going To Vegas To See Celine Dion!!! (Any advice)

redskinslovergrl

Will you cheer or Boo Lavar at FedEx  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Will you cheer or Boo Lavar at FedEx

• Cheer: I will still root him on in his career
    • Boo: I think he betrayed us

I am so excited that I am going to see Celine. She is my favorite artist of all times. My husband is taking me for our 2nd anniversary. I have never gotten to see her so he wanted to do this for me as a suprise. All of our reservations are taken care of. We will be staying at the MGM Grande. We are leaving on the 26th and we will be returning on the 29th.

I guess I will get to the point of my post....I was just wondering if anyone had any advice for anything to watch out for or any good places to go? I could just stay in our hotel the whole time we were there, except for the show, and I would be happy!!!! I've never been to Vegas and to go there AND see Celine well that's just the ultimate. I told my husband that there is nothing else in this world that I could ever want for the rest of my life.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated but mostly I just wanted to share my excitement. Thanks

I'm not a big Celine fan ... but one of my friends is. For her birthday, her sister and brother in-law took her to Vegas to see Celine. My friend said that the show was very very good.

Umm ... as for things to do - there's so much to see. I highly recommend going in and looking at some of the hotels (Wynn, Bellagio, Caesars).

If you want a really good meal and you like steak - see if you can con your husband into taking you to dinner at PRIME in the Bellagio. You'll need reservations. Best filet mignon I've ever had came from that restaurant. Or, if you're in the mood for something romantic, see if you can get reservations at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant at the Paris Hotel. They have very good food there too.

Ummm ... Bellagio has a really cool Conservatory & Botanical Gardens that match the seasons. It's definitely worth a walk in there to check it out. I've been amazed each time that I've seen it.

Mirage has a cool little spot to visit. It used to be the home of Siegfreid and Roy. They have a "Secret Garden & Dolphin Habitat" that costs $15 to get in ... but you get to see dolphins and all kinds of other animals. It's worth the money if you ask me.

I think your husband must be insanely in love with you to sit through a Celine Dion concert. Better hold on to him and show him how much you apprecaite it. :ladiesman

:laugh: My father sat through a Yanni concert all for my mom a couple of years back. I'm still ambivalent about the matter.

I know you love Celine, but your husband must be a good, tolerant man. :-)

For him, I'd suggest tranquilizers.

Just kidding - have a good time. I can't stand Vegas, but I'd advise to just watch the cost of things so that it doesn't creep up on you. And play the quarter machines - they are fun and cheaper then some of the other games.

make sure to catch the bellagio water show... at night if you can. it's pretty cool and is free. also, swing by downtown vegas (fremont st). the old school vibe is a nice change from the strip. the light show there gets lots of publicity, but i found it lackluster. that show is free too, so the price is right even though it kinda sucks.

other than that, all i do in vegas is drink my ass off and gamble.

Archived