Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Odds of the Skins coming last in NFC East

maxpower_I

There are no odds yet as to who will win the division. But I'd say that both the cowboys and redskins are probably 5/2 to win the division. Giants prolly 4 to1 and the eagles probably 6to1 or 8to1. This would mean if the worst possible scenario for the eagles (8to1) your a 7/8 winner, about 88% of the time.

Wow, that was a stupid bet on your friend's part. I wouldn't even have the slightest worry about losing that one.

What team is he a fan of? Just out of curiosity.

He's a Pats fan. When he made the bet, i coulda swore he was a giants fan the way he was talking about Arrington.

According to Vegas futures for winning the super bowl

Dallas 8/1

New York 15/1

Philly 18/1

Skins 20/1

So technically Vegas is saying that Washington is the favorite to finish last in the division. I don't really care what they say though, I would have made the bet. I don't think Philly is going to be that good this year. I think Eli is a wild card, but if he takes a step forward, they will be hard to beat. Dallas is going for it this year, Parcells will probably be gone after this year. I think this is the best division in football, and I think one injury could put any one of the teams in last.

It was a good bet though.

Dallas @ 8/1 ? You gotta love the T.O. hype. My only question is how long Drew stays upright...... Signing Fabini will help but losing Larry Allen sure doesn't. Bledsoe has been notoriously easy to sack his entire career (wait, I think Phil Daniels just got another one...) and this is only compounded by 1) his age, 2) lack of running game and 3) a very suspect offensive line. A lot of puke fans would say the same thing about Brunell but the only difference is 1) we have a good O-Line, 2) we have a solid running game and 3) are backups are J Campbell and Todd Collins while pukes have Tony Romo sits to pee and .....wait.....did Henson go back to the Columbus Clippers or is he a Cowboy ?? :laugh:

FYI -- chances of us finishing last in the division any yr during the next DECADE are not very good.......

Dallas 8/1

New York 15/1

Philly 18/1

Skins 20/1

So technically Vegas is saying that Washington is the favorite to finish last in the division. I don't really care what they say though, I would have made the bet. I don't think Philly is going to be that good this year. I think Eli is a wild card, but if he takes a step forward, they will be hard to beat. Dallas is going for it this year, Parcells will probably be gone after this year. I think this is the best division in football, and I think one injury could put any one of the teams in last.

What is the link to those odds?

1 in 4... anything can happen. :2cents:

I agree that anything can happen, but I don't think that we're the team that's most in danger of it happening to, all things being equal. IMHO that team is the Eagles, who have done the least to improve themselves, who are entering the season with injury problems to key starters, and who are no less reliant upon their starting QB staying healthy than we are.

I'd say the odds should be 1 in 5.

Dallas 8/1

New York 15/1

Philly 18/1

Skins 20/1

i love how people still doubt us. it's amazing. we'll just never win the media's hearts. whatever though, that's fine by me. let these people believe the hype that they want to.

THE START OF THE SEASON NEEDS TO HURRY UP!!!!

A friend of mine bet me $100 that the skins would come in last in the NFC East this year. Obviously a great bet for me, but for those Vegas heads out there, what are my actual odds of coming out on top?

Would you mind asking your friend if he would be interested in making the same bet with me. He didn't even make you give him odds? Advice: started associating with more intelligent people. :)

Dallas 8/1

New York 15/1

Philly 18/1

Skins 20/1

I was just out in Vegas for March Madness. The only odds they had at the time were, to win the SB or NFC, AFC Champions.

The Redskins were 9/1 to win the NFC. So I put a $100.00 on the Skins to win the NFC. (What the heck, it’s only money and you only live once!) :point2sky

If Brunell struggles or gets hurt early, then we are probably going to be in the cellar for the season while Campbell takes his learning lumps.

I have a feeling that the targets were set up this year so that if that happens, there won't be too many lumps.

Archived