Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"It's the Giants"

dent19

He will be the same LaVar. Make a great play and then disapear for the next 30...

I agree there to an extent.

I think what we'll see is a determined Lavar play within his system for the first 8-10 games to please Heir Coughlin. Once he gains that trust and re-assurance from the coaches, he'll start reverting to his old ways of trying to go for the "big play."

Now I am not saying Lavar will flop, but I just don't see him becoming the type of dominant player that Ray Lewis or LT have been. He'll pull through some slumps here and there, but I do not think he'll ever shed his desire for taking risks. Some players do it and have an uncanny ability at making the play. Lavar is just one of those guys who has that talent, but can't capitalize on it.

I'm sure I'll see him out enjoying the nightlife in NYC. Pretty much anywhere but the filmroom.

and i will help him and any other Giant enjoy themselves..... Keep em out of the fileroom..... :D

the more the party, the better it is for us.......

never thougt id resort to such tactics.... :doh:

but hey ... B&G forever!

Call me silly after five pages of this thread.....or the hundreds of similar threads...but I still see no official news, on NFL.com, on ESPN.com, on the Giants home page, on the lil breaking news spot on ESPN. So I'll believe it when I see the official link. Until then, I'm going to hold off on the jersey burning ceremony.....LOLLLL.

on the other hand...we will have some problems...with the Gints two DEs and arrington...that gives them a lot of pass rush options. yea, yea, yea, he gets caught in the shuffle...but the time be busts through and breaks your franchise QB in half...that's when things get problematic. this is gonna be a two way street - there are things we will have to counteract and there are opportunities (vis arrington) we can exploit that the Gints are gonna have to account for.

Didnt get any $ details.... but dont think they would give him that much.

if you are playing for $ which most think he is...Packers were able to give more money. But really think AP sold him on being there.

They both must pay. They have disgraced the honor of the Washington Redskins and need to feel pain on the battlefield.

"Yes, he is enemy number 1 now. This is the ultimate betrayal. **** the Giants. **** Arrington. **** Pierce. I'm sick and tired of the Giants stealing from us. We really need to sweep those ****ers next year."

with all due respect...it would have been infinitely worse had he signed with the cowturds.

Arington a Giant as per Frank Coyle : Archer : 4/21/06 10:13 PM

Draft Insiders.com has learned today that the Giants signed former Washington Redskin linebacker Lavar Arrington to a long term contract. The contract was sent to the NFL league office Friday for approval before an official announcement is made by the club. The official announcement may wait until Monday before the media reports it, but Arrington will play for the G Men after signing a long term deal. Arrington was back in New Jersey on Thursday for a physical that cleared him to sign with the G Men. It was Arrington's second visit with the Giants after previously speaking to them in early March. The Giants had balked after the initial interview when Arrington refused to take a physical with concerns about the condition of his surgically repaired right knee. With the physical on Thursday, Arrington eliminated any health concerns the Giants had over a long term deal. Arrington wanted to sign a contract before the NFL Draft '06 next weekend. He had limited options other than the Giants with only the Packers and possibly the Dolphins interested at this time. The terms of the contract will not be announced until the league approves it but it is not the asking price of seven years, $54 million dollar deal with an eight figure signing bonus. With the Giants, he is re-united with former Redskins teammate Antonio Pierce and former Penn St teammate Brandon Short who resigned with the Giants earlier this week. Short signed only a one year deal and was originally drafted by the Giants but spent the past two seasons with the Panthers. The Giants hold the 25th pick in the '06 draft and can address several needs with the OLB position now at their highest priority. Arrington's agent is the same agent as linebacker Julian Peterson's agent, Kevin Poston who had signed a seven-year deal with the Seattle Seahawks in March. He played his entire career with the San Fran 49er

']Actually' date=' a lot of Manning's problems was an injury that no one found out about until after the season. He apparently played the second half of the season with a sprained/sore throwing elbow.[/quote']

yea, the same thing happened to laveraneous coles like 3 seasons in a row. its amazing how that happens when a guy starts to do bad.

but yea i retract what i said about hoping he gets injured. i just hope he realizes how much it sucks to be on the other side of the ball against the skins.

"Yes, he is enemy number 1 now. This is the ultimate betrayal. **** the Giants. **** Arrington. **** Pierce. I'm sick and tired of the Giants stealing from us. We really need to sweep those ****ers next year."

with all due respect...it would have been infinitely worse had he signed with the cowturds.

How so? Its the same to me they are both NFC East rivals. Actually the Giants is worse because they fleeced us with Pierce as well.

How so? Its the same to me they are both NFC East rivals. Actually the Giants is worse because they fleeced us with Pierce as well.

They picked up what we were not willing to pay for.... Just like we do every year to other teams..... GET REAL....

Its personal because its a divisional rival. Its the second year in a row those sneaky ****s have stole a key member of our defense

Hardly stealing when you won't pay them, but we will. I'm sure its worked the other way several times inn the past

:2cents: ;)

Call me silly after five pages of this thread.....or the hundreds of similar threads...but I still see no official news, on NFL.com, on ESPN.com, on the Giants home page, on the lil breaking news spot on ESPN. So I'll believe it when I see the official link. Until then, I'm going to hold off on the jersey burning ceremony.....LOLLLL.

I agree. he is still talking to a few teams. The Postons are going to put everything in front of the media to try to get all teams interested so he can get a big rip off deal that he wants.

They picked up what we were not willing to pay for.... Just like we do every year to other teams..... GET REAL....

Exactly dent91. I find this funny because if you guys think the Giants fleeced us...what do you think the Jets fans think about the Redskins? LOLLLL We took four of their players in one year, though at the time we thought they were all great.....then we give Coles back only to get the best receiver in Moss the Skins have had in a long long time, if not the best. You guys crack me up. :laugh:

Its personal because its a divisional rival. Its the second year in a row those sneaky ****s have stole a key member of our defense

key member of the defense??? Pierce yes....but Lavar NO! They were a top 10 defense for the last two years w/o much contribution from LA. Good riddance drama queen!

I wonder what jersey number he would wear with the N.Y. Joints?

Would he have a big enough ego to ask for #56? Surely they wouldn't give it to him, that would be sacrilege.

---EDIT--- I just saw in another thread that the Giants have retired #56. Maybe he'll ask for #56.1 ?

Hardly stealing when you won't pay them, but we will. I'm sure its worked the other way several times inn the past

:2cents: ;)

Agree.

Remember, we "stole" Cornelius Griffin from the Giants, and that's worked out rather well for us - he's a monster, and arguably our defensive MVP.

Archived