Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft Day Trade Possibility?

OneEyedCheshire

Could we do a draft-day trade of our 2nd rouder this year, and next years 1st and possibly fourth, to get a 3rd rounder this year and move up in the second round if Cromartie (CB) is still available in the 2nd... pick him up, and then use the 3rd rounder to pick up a guard to groom for the future/backup?

I feel like CB and Guard are our two biggest priorities right now (I think Williams would rather have a home-grown LB than a rookie from the draft), and a situation like this where we could get a guy to be a great nickle this year, and replace Springs for the long-term while also addressing our o-line would be great.

Of course, this all depends on if a great talent like Cromartie, or another CB Williams likes, is available at a time when the team picking would be willing to do this sort of deal. Also, if this deal is feasible, would we have to trade next years 1st and 4th, or 1st and 3rd?

Nice thread, at this point anything is possible, but I expect that we will stand where we are. We may not even draft a linebacker or CB, in fact we may just draft the best player available at the time and trade him later to get what we want. Personally I hope we draft an LB.

Could we do a draft-day trade of our 2nd rouder this year, and next years 1st and possibly fourth, to move up in the second round if Cromartie (CB) is still available in the 2nd... pick him up, and then use the 3rd rounder to pick up a guard to groom for the future/backup?

I feel like CB and Guard are our two biggest priorities right now (I think Williams would rather have a home-grown LB than a rookie from the draft), and a situation like this where we could get a guy to be a great nickle this year, and replace Springs for the long-term while also addressing our o-line would be great.

Of course, this all depends on if a great talent like Cromartie, or another CB Williams likes, is available at a time when the team picking would be willing to do this sort of deal. Also, if this deal is feasible, would we have to trade next years 1st and 4th, or 1st and 3rd?

Good grief that would be massively overpaying to move just to the top of the 2d round. Consider this last year we traded our mid 3rd with a future 1st and 4th to move into the 1st round. To move up from our 2d it would not take a future 1st more likely our furture 2d with this years 2d will do. A more likely scenario is that we would keep this years 2d and use next years 1st to get another 2d.

Going back to your first post (OEC), how about we just trade next years #1 for somebody's 2nd this year and draft the OL and Corner you think we need. Whether it's A Cro or not I don't know. This year I don't want to get too hung up on one player myself (only leads to disappointment), but if after day one we had something like Charles Spencer, G Pittsburgh and Kelly Jennings, CB U of Miami, wouldn't that be alright?

I don't look for us to make a move at OL due to the fact we signed a couple of backup OG/C already. However, I do think our 1st round pick for next year might be used to move up into the 2nd round this year. Who we get is another question. Could be at any position other than WR.

There's a decent chance considering we still do have most of our picks in next years draft that we make a Cooley type of trade where we deal a 2nd next season for a 3rd...This would allow us to grab a linebacker and a corner and then use our 2nd day picks for depth on both lines...

Nice thread, at this point anything is possible, but I expect that we will stand where we are. We may not even draft a linebacker or CB, in fact we may just draft the best player available at the time and trade him later to get what we want. Personally I hope we draft an LB.

I am with you on this. I think LB is our highest priority right now.

Could we do a draft-day trade of our 2nd rouder this year, and next years 1st and possibly fourth, to get a 3rd rounder this year and move up in the second round if Cromartie (CB) is still available in the 2nd... pick him up, and then use the 3rd rounder to pick up a guard to groom for the future/backup?

CB is far down the list as a need now. If we made those moves, it wouldn't be for a CB. It would be for help on the Lines.

i really hope we can draft a CB that will be our #2 corner in the future behind carlos rogers. we need to draft someone that will be a good nickle spot ahead of ade jimoh and kenny wright. then we will have our 2 starting corners of the futer and good veteran teachers to help mold them into great players.

shawn springs and carlos rogers remind me of darel green and champ bailey. after shawn springs retires carlos rogers will be the best corner in the league and he will be our franchise player. he will be a skin until he retires (unlike champ)........i hope

A more likely scenario is that we would keep this years 2d and use next years 1st to get another 2d.

I like that better but would prefer to trade next years two instead. Hopefully another player we want drops and we are able to get him late 2nd or early third.

Archived