Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mel's new Mock (Mathias Kiwanuka over D'Qwell?)

mo9763

Guest santana4prez
I'm worried about Rabach ... the more I think this Draft the more I like trading up and grabbing Mangold ... reputedly the best Center to come out in the last 10 years. And he could probably provide depth at Guard as well. Any thoughts Kiperites ....?

How worried are you? Rabach is a damn good center for us we dont need a center.

I think there will be some talent available when we pick.... thats kinda exciting really...

i figured we would have a hard time getting a player that would cause any excitement at all... but looks like we might have the chance......

I would definitely pick Kiwanuka over any of those LBs. He and Carter could be a strong tandem for years to come.

I'd rather have that guy who can get to the QB, than a LB, which we have proven are pretty much interchangeable.

Kiwi is also a high character guy. His Dad was a King or something back in Africa. I find it hard to believe his stock dropped so much from one game.

Shoot, Darryl Tapp would be nice, too. He has a nonstop motor.

Also, that guy from NCSU, McCargo would be a great pickup. He could step into Griffin's spot if he gets hurt.

If it plays out like Mel predicts, I would prefer Tapp DE VT or Whitworth T LSU. Tapp has a non-stop motor. He is a little small for DE in the NFL, but as a situational pass rusher he would be very good, and could contribute immediately. The big T from LSU would give us excellent OL depth. Yes, we need an OLB or CB, but these are the better players available.

:2cents:

I watched Kiwi play several times during his career at BC and he is a physical specimen....but he doesn't have the killer instinct that a DE needs. He's huge, but doesn't have the burst that's needed to be a solid DE in the NFL. Manny Lawson from NCSU is someone I thought would stay under the radar and slip to us...but the hype has probably pushed him into the first round. It's well deserved hype.

Tapp is another overrated, undersized, DE out of VT who undoubtedly is a good guy with a "motor" but the second round is too high for him. Maybe third, but he's not going to be a force in the NFL.

D'Qwell....he's risky but may be really worth the risk. UMd has been a crap shoot when it comes to LBs in recent years. McIntosh may be the way to go in this case because other that off the field incidents...the U has been pretty good to us...and they do produce potent LBs.

NO NO NO TEs in the second round....NO.

LB, DB, OL (depth), or WR (value) at this pick.

:cheers:

I'm worried about Rabach ... the more I think this Draft the more I like trading up and grabbing Mangold ... reputedly the best Center to come out in the last 10 years. And he could probably provide depth at Guard as well. Any thoughts Kiperites ....?

He is extremely good, but I don't know about the best in 10 years. Chris Spencer last year may have had a higher grade than Mangold. For some reason the other names are slipping my mind, but I know Jeff Faine and Damien Woody both had extremely high grades coming out of college.

EDIT: No thoughts on the idea of moving into the late-3rd/4th range? Considering the prospects that may still be available according to Kiper? I would have thought that with the success we had acquiring Cooley in that range, it would have been a popular idea.

Guest santana4prez
EDIT: No thoughts on the idea of moving into the late-3rd/4th range? Considering the prospects that may still be available according to Kiper? I would have thought that with the success we had acquiring Cooley in that range, it would have been a popular idea.

I agree Cooley was a great pick and since I read up about him that year I had a feeling Gibbs would take him. Cooley was underrated and teams knocked on him for no reason that year. Still the idea of moving down isnt a good one unless the Skins see someone like Cooley they can get.

With this years 2nd RD pick the Skins can get a guy who could start or at least play alot of time b/c this years draft class is deeper than any I can remember.

I agree Cooley was a great pick and since I read up about him that year I had a feeling Gibbs would take him. Cooley was underrated and teams knocked on him for no reason that year. Still the idea of moving down isnt a good one unless the Skins see someone like Cooley they can get.

With this years 2nd RD pick the Skins can get a guy who could start or at least play alot of time b/c this years draft class is deeper than any I can remember.

Actually, I was mostly talking about capitalizing on the depth of this draft by pulling a trade similar to the one we made to get Cooley (i.e. trade a 2nd/3rd next year for a 3rd/4th this year).

i like the machintosh... but the DT & CB positions i believe we need to upgrade... springs can't player forever... as for linebacker , i like who we have... but the best kepts secret is the AHMAD BROOKS... Does any one no if his name has been mentioned... i no he has been dismissed from UVA!

I know I keep saying it, but we do not want Brooks on this team. He is a team cancer, and a malcontent. I've heard that directly from teammates and UVa football people. Just say no!

Well Rabach is injured. Is that what you meant by being worried about him? I am also wondering if the injury is a little more serious than the team is leading us to believe. I certainly hope he's alright. The only flaw I've seen from Rabach is that he has this uncanny ability to get beat on a big play and is forced to hold the man he is blocking. It never fails. Big play, Rabach holding :) I can only think of this happening 2% of the time but people who quote statistics lie 90% of the time.

Actually, I was mostly talking about capitalizing on the depth of this draft by pulling a trade similar to the one we made to get Cooley (i.e. trade a 2nd/3rd next year for a 3rd/4th this year).

Not a bad thought, but if we're after a CB, we'd better pull the trigger at 53.

If it's DE/LB/OL depth, then definitely a trade down is the right call.

I'm on record for saying we're taking a CB.

I just can't see us waiting for the June cuts or later rounds to take a

position as important as CB.

As much as I would like for us to go with a defensive lineman, I am thinking they are looking LB with that 2nd rounder, to fill a need. They could get a GW project DE in the later rounds. Besides we already have 4 locks at the DE position with Daniels, Wynn, Evans and Carter, we are probably gonna carry 8 or 9 defensive lineman on the final roster. Then add the DT's with Griffin, Salavea' and Killings, there is only 1-2 spots left. We have Boschetti, Jones and Clemons as youth so we shall see.

Here are a couple of late rounders that I would like for us to take a look at.

Jeremy Mincey

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/jeremymincey.html

Ryan LaCasse

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/ryanlacasse.html

Charles Bennett

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/charlesbennett.html

Rob Ninkovich

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/robninkovich.html

Archived