Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taylor Prosecution On Life Support - From Pft

thebeast21

For all you people talking about plea bargaining, why the hell would Taylor ever agree to that? If this is so damaging to the prosecutor's case that they would consider offering a plea, then it seems just as likely ST would be found innocent of all charges. I know it's always a roll of the dice, but when was the last time a jury convicted a star athlete or celebrity of anything?

I don't like hearing talk about pleading out. I want to hear "dismissal" or "innocent of all charges". This is the weakest case I have ever heard...

zakly

To the legal experts: Since the "victims" in this case are also the prime witnesses against ST, wouldn't the defense have the right to impeach their credibility by asking them about those arrests when they take the witness stand?

Yes--these "witnesses" get on the stand and they are in deep crap. Once Taylor's lawyers get them on cross--game over baby!

It was http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151425

But the fact that the punk got busted for stealing another atv is just toooooo ironic. :laugh:

Maybe the prosecution will use that as evidence that the witnesses didn't steal Sean Taylor's ATV.

"If these witnesses stole Sean Taylor's ATV than why would they need to steal another one? They would have already had one" :dallasuck

Don't discount the possibility of the prosecution having other witnesses, besides the alleged victims, who may be credible. This is a high profile case, and as such, the prosecution isn't going to trial unless they think they can win.

Don't discount the possibility of the prosecution having other witnesses, besides the alleged victims, who may be credible. This is a high profile case, and as such, the prosecution isn't going to trial unless they think they can win.

wrong. prosecuters go to trial ALL the time without "knowing" they can win. its like the throw enough crap against the wall and see what sticks routine. and surprise witnesses are strictly verboten. ambush prosecution is not allowed.

Here's the plea bargain..

Prosecutor - "I'll drop the charges, just as long as ST doesn't hit me for wasting his time."

Exactly. This inconvenience must really be ticking him off. He will take his frustrations out on the field...Can't wait... :applause:

Of course he'd go to trail knowing he can't win. Why? He has nothing to lose and everything to gain. If he loses, "the case wasn't winnable, rich celebrities with high priced attornies... blah blah blah." O. J.'s trial proved that. If you are painted quilty in the court of public opinion, then you're quilty regardless of the actual verdict. No one blames Chris Darden or Marsha Clark for losing. To the contrary the trail made their careers. To a much smaller degree, this is a win win for Grieco.

To the legal experts: Since the "victims" in this case are also the prime witnesses against ST, wouldn't the defense have the right to impeach their credibility by asking them about those arrests when they take the witness stand?

absolutely

All of them.

:rolleyes:

There are good and bad, ethical and unethical prosecutors just like there are good and bad, ethical and unethical everything else. Generalizing on such a thing doesn't get you very far.

The guy may personally not have known. I'm not saying he shouldn't have known, but maybe he didn't. If so, is that necessarily attributable to willful blindness like the defense team is saying, or to lack of organization or some other problem. People always jump to the worst conclusions first, but usually in my experience those are not the real explanation.

:rolleyes:

There are good and bad, ethical and unethical prosecutors just like there are good and bad, ethical and unethical everything else. Generalizing on such a thing doesn't get you very far.

The guy may personally not have known. I'm not saying he shouldn't have known, but maybe he didn't. If so, is that necessarily attributable to willful blindness like the defense team is saying, or to lack of organization or some other problem. People always jump to the worst conclusions first, but usually in my experience those are not the real explanation.

It was a quick, cheap-shot one-liner for a laugh redman, something most folks know I do by now, but I should have remembered to put a smiley on it. I almost want to thank you for thinking I can be that simplistic for real since I'm often accused of the opposite :laugh:

But I do love lawyer jokes. :D

Of course he'd go to trail knowing he can't win. Why? He has nothing to lose and everything to gain. If he loses, "the case wasn't winnable, rich celebrities with high priced attornies... blah blah blah." O. J.'s trial proved that. If you are painted quilty in the court of public opinion, then you're quilty regardless of the actual verdict. No one blames Chris Darden or Marsha Clark for losing. To the contrary the trail made their careers. To a much smaller degree, this is a win win for Grieco.
the thing about the oj case was although it was high profile,he was a blackman accused of killing his former wife.............the difference being he had the resources to fight.and another difference is ST's face wasnt on a magazine darkened to make him look evil like time magazine did to oj.

How in the HELL can you be a prosecutor and not know that the witnesses and supposed victim's have been arrested? Plllleeeeaaasssee! Either this proves just how clueless he is or he purposely witheld information, bottom line.

Good new's is, if he's that stupid this should be an easy win for ST. So let's ask the same question that's been asked several times in other threads. What would you do if you knew someone down the street stole your ****. Obviously ST was justified in wanting to kick some ass.

How in the HELL can you be a prosecutor and not know that the witnesses and supposed victim's have been arrested? Plllleeeeaaasssee! Either this proves just how clueless he is or he purposely witheld information, bottom line.

Good new's is, if he's that stupid this should be an easy win for ST. So let's ask the same question that's been asked several times in other threads. What would you do if you knew someone down the street stole your ****. Obviously ST was justified in wanting to kick some ass.

however,IF he showed a gun,he isnt.

however,IF he showed a gun,he isnt.

Big IF. Still in that situation maybe a little intimidation is in order, especially when dealing with the type of punks he was dealing with. Let's face it, right or wrong street cred is a big deal and running to the cops would have made him look like a punk. That being said when your making the amount of money he's making you shouldn't be worried about stupid bull****. Then again just because you have money doesn't mean you should roll over to punks like this either. Tough situation all around.

if the prosecution doesn't drop the charges, i'm fairly confident that a judge will throw out the case. I have said from day one that the prosecutor was just some jerkoff trying to make a name for himself, so i'm more than happy to see it blow up in his face like it has. good thing too, we need ST.:D

Archived