Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A damn pigeon flew into my hand today

spjunkies

I really don't know but I've always had a little fear of them because they don't fly away when you walk near them like other normal birds.
:laugh: yeah...it's kinda freaky when animals do that and then they just stare at u like they're gonna attack and poke ur eyeballs out

For some reason I had this Snow White image when I read your title and imagined you going through the woods singing to the pigeons as they alight on your hand. Or maybe you could have done the Dr. Dolittle thing. Oh well, would have been cool.

BB gun is the fun way.

But if you don't want to go to jail you could always feed them pieces of bread with alka seltzer in it and watch them drop as their stomachs explode.

I've never done that by the way. I was taught to eat anything I kill and there's no way in hell im eating ratbird.

When I was leaving the Ballston metro stop today I was looking at my phone and one of those nasty ass birds hit my hand.

I have a huge phobia of those things and that just made it worse.

I think I'm going to die.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry to hear it :laugh: ...Anyone know a good way to get rid of pigeons?

Preferably one that won't land me in jail ;)

If they are roosting around your home, you can go online and order hotfoot. Basically it is liquid heat in a (very sticky) gel form. They land on it, get it on their feet, it heats up, they take off and it stays on their feet for about 10-20 minutes. No long term damage, and it does discourage them. It can be a mess to use though, so you have to be careful where you use it. You can also use spike strips, also available online, which just prevents them from landing.

When I was leaving the Ballston metro stop today I was looking at my phone and one of those nasty ass birds hit my hand.

It's nothing to be afraid of.

You simply had A Momemt with a pigeon.

Thanks, I will check it out.

But it is for my business and sounds like it would be fairly expensive to cover several hundred ft. Of course the poop stripping the paint on the building is too.

Thanks, I will check it out.

But it is for my business and sounds like it would be fairly expensive to cover several hundred ft. Of course the poop stripping the paint on the building is too.

Through the company's website, you can order Hotfoot in either 4 packs (98.00) or 18 packs (396.00). It basically comes in a tube similar to caulk, and is applied the same way. The 4 pack will put down a 50' stripe or so.

The spikes tend to run about 115.00 for 40' for double prong, and have to be installed (nailed, glued, whatever). You can also get electric deterants, which last much longer and are easier to hide, but can cost ya some $$$ to get it setup.

I really don't know but I've always had a little fear of them because they don't fly away when you walk near them like other normal birds.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry man...this is about the hardest I've laughed in awhile...:rotflmao:

Out here on the islands they have tiger doves (not sure the real name, I call them that because they've got stripes). Anyway, they have no natural predators, so they are stupid as hell and half the time don't make an effort to get out of your way. The other day I was walking to get some coffee, zoning out, not watching where I was walking and stepped on one of them.

Now that is a stupid bird!!!

Also...does anyone know the scientific reason why pigeons and other birds fly across your path to get out of your way?? I'll be riding my bike, and come up on some pigeons, and instead of flying away to the side they're on, they escape the imminent threat by flying directly in front of me. Half the time I nearly crash because of the damn birds!! :laugh:

:laugh: Oh man that sucks.

But I'm with you on hating pigeons. They always are looking for food in Waikiki and invariably one will fly right past your head. Which makes me want to go get a flamethrower and have a rat bird roast.

But on a side note one time me and friend we're hauling ass in my car and we heard a little bump. When we stopped later I looked at my air intake grill and 2 pigeons we're plastered to my car. Good stuff

Archived