Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When Ramsey gets in ....

bryceb07

We walked the wrong way one time leaving the stadium and ended up where the players leave. We waited and out came PR. What a heck of a nice guy. He signed all the kids stuff first. I had nothing to sign, so i asked for a hand shake. He shook my hand.

If i were there i would definately cheer for him. But then again i would cheer even louder when ST sacks him or intercepts him.

jeez i wish i walked the wrong way and got to meet the redskins:(

I will neither cheer, nor boo.

Unlike certain players, whether former Redskins or not, I simply had a stong dislike for them. I would boo these guys.

I have no ill will towards Ramsey and wish him well, but at the same time, I could personally care less.

I am cheering for the guys with a Redskin logo on the side of his helmet.

Only time I boo a player is if it a player that I simply cant stand.

I won't boo him or wish bad things upon Ramsey (like I would for Dallas or Philly). I honestly can't say if he got a fair chance or not. It would seem that he did not maximize the opportunities that did present themself (post Spurrier era-that didn't count). Being on a different team that is not a rival helps alleviate any animosity that might be there on either side. I do wish him well but it will always be the SKINS!!

:logo:

...this from the QB think-tank that wondered in another thread why on earth Gibbs didn't put Patten back in after he healed (somehow not knowing Patten had been put on IR). Oh, that fiendish paper bag!

I'm always a bit taken-aback when one of the "I always say the same stuff in any remotely related thread" guys reveals they have formed their unibeam viewpoints unburdened by basic awareness of what's really taking place on the team or on the field.

As for Ramsey, who's an exceptional guy, I'll applaud, but only wish him well when he's not playing us.

Eat a little crow, big guy. Patten said in an interview that Gibbs and medical staff knew he would be back ok but held him out anyway. Sorry you weren't keeping up.

Why do you keep talking **** about Joe Gibbs? Please tell me.:doh:

A) You had too much to drink. :chug:

B) You pulled a Gus Bus. :gus:

C) You are the Devil. :evil:

D) You thought this was chocolate ice cream. :pooh:

E) Your just insane. :insane:

Anyone you say is no excuse for saying anything bad about a HOF coach.

Hey Crazyhorse.....

221864.gif221864.gif221864.gif221864.gif221864.gif221864.gif

Gibbs made me watch Brunell play on one leg in the playoffs. Also, I told Gibbs at the start of last year we had only one WR. Did he listen? No. Who was right? I also mentioned several times that Brunell wasn't going to last the year. Also called the score right on the nose for the Seattle game. Did Gibbs listen when I told him Brunell couldn't put 21 on the board against Seattle. No way? Is he listening now when I tell him Brunell's not going to make it again and we don't have an adequate backup. Nope? Also, Gibbs told me my dog was ugly.

Guest santana4prez
Gibbs made me watch Brunell play on one leg in the playoffs.

He did? Damn i didnt know he was at your house,you could of not watched it.

Brunell played well in that game , he had no running game b/c CP was banged up. In the same situation Ramsey would of thrown 5 INTs. Sounds like you were hoping the Skins lost so you could blame Gibbs and Brunell. Fact is Gibbs and Brunell got us their so stop ****ing.

Also, I told Gibbs at the start of last year we had only one WR. Did he listen? No.Who was right?

Damn you know Joe Gibbs? You told Skins fans not Gibbs. We had Moss Patten and Thrash so you saying we had only 1 wr was stupid at that time. I dont even think you called Moss. Patten was starting to come on before he got hurt and he had speed to get open,he just struggled to get involved in a new system. Thrash is a solid #3.

I also mentioned several times that Brunell wasn't going to last the year.

Really well lets see Peyton Manning or your even your boy Ramsey take a shot at the knees and see if they can play. Brunell came back from that injury and played well , if Portis didnt get banged up the Skins and Brunell would of had better numbers.

Also called the score right on the nose for the Seattle game. Did Gibbs listen when I told him Brunell couldn't put 21 on the board against Seattle. No way?

Thats funny it sounds like you wanted the Skins not to score 21 so you could be right. Portis's banged up shoulder hurt the Skins offense not Gibbs or Brunell in that game.

Is he listening now when I tell him Brunell's not going to make it again and we don't have an adequate backup. Nope?

When Brunell has a great year this year I want you to say you are nothing than a Gibbs and Brunell hater. You act like you could coach the Skins better than Joe Gibbs. You are a fking idiot.

Gibbs told me my dog was ugly.

Gibbs was right their.

Let me sum this up. Gibbs got the skins to the playoffs and won a playoff game. The team had depth problems at Guard and Wide Receiver and injuries to Brunell and Portis. The Skins have fixed those problems so will you stop talking **** about a HOF coach in Joe Gibbs you sound like a retard on this board.

Eat a little crow, big guy. Patten said in an interview that Gibbs and medical staff knew he would be back ok but held him out anyway. Sorry you weren't keeping up.

Patten is still pissed he was placed on IR , he is rambling on. It was up in the air on whether Patten would be back and the Skins needed the roster spot. In hindsight it was a mistake b/c he may of been ready,but at the time no one thought so. Not even the staff or doctors at the time.

I will be among the first to grab my fork and pull up a chair in front of everybody when appropriate, and you can count on that :) .

But my take on reading this post of your below, specificallly the underlined part was that you didn't know he had been put on IR:

Those of you so sure of Patten's value to the Skins have any explanation why Gibbs didn't bother bringing him back after his injury healed and he was ruled fit to play; if not, I have one you may adopt. He flopped for us...meaning he failed to draw double coverage. It made no difference whether his position was being played by Thrash, Patten, and any one else. No production, either way.

Brunell's production went down because his body was worn out way before the injury. We made it to the playoffs primarily because of a streak of inspired outings at the end of the season by Portis, the OL, and the D.

That's how it reads to me. You write it there as though Gibbs had a healthy and healed Patten back before making his decision, and I don't agree that was the case.

I remember when Gibbs put him on IR there was nothing in the media anywhere that said anything other than Patten's return satus was unsure (bottom line) time wise and they didn't want to risk it.

When I heard Patten said something different later, I didn't take much stock in it.

Then you offered your speculation that Gibbs would prefer trying players like Jacobs and Farris (Farris? You really think he'd prefer trying Farris??) over a healthy Patten, which I find very unlikely.

So, honestly, I don't see the crow, and as for me keeping up...well...wait for it....I'm always grateful for competent assistance. :)

Guest santana4prez
I will be among the first to grab my fork and pull up a chair in front of everybody when appropriate, and you can count on that :) .

But my take on reading this post of your below, specificallly the underlined part was that you didn't know he had been put on IR:

That's how it reads to me. You write it there as though Gibbs had a healthy and healed Patten back before making his decision, and I don't agree that was the case.

I remember when Gibbs put him on IR there was nothing in the media anywhere that said anything other than Patten's return satus was unsure (bottom line) time wise and they didn't want to risk it.

When I heard Patten said something different later, I didn't take much stock in it.

Then you offered your speculation that Gibbs would prefer trying players like Jacobs and Farris (Farris? You really think he'd prefer trying Farris??) over a healthy Patten, which I find very unlikely.

So, honestly, I don't see the crow, and as for me keeping up...well...wait for it....I'm always grateful for competent assistance. :)

Thanks Jumbo.:applause: Im tired of Crazyhorse1 talking bad about Joe Gibbs and making points that dont make sense. I dont think anyone should talk crap about the Greatest Coach in Redskins History. If the Skins were 2-14 I could at least not be as upset about his comments, but the Skins were 11-7.

Gibbs made me watch Brunell play on one leg in the playoffs. Also, I told Gibbs at the start of last year we had only one WR. Did he listen? No. Who was right? I also mentioned several times that Brunell wasn't going to last the year. Also called the score right on the nose for the Seattle game. Did Gibbs listen when I told him Brunell couldn't put 21 on the board against Seattle. No way? Is he listening now when I tell him Brunell's not going to make it again and we don't have an adequate backup. Nope? Also, Gibbs told me my dog was ugly.

I thought wisdom came with age but obviously I was wrong. Since you seem to know Coach Gibbs personally we would all appreciate hearing his insight regarding his thoughts on next years season.

Aditionally your dog must be a Dallas fan because that was the only insult I have ever heard him make...regarding Dallas fans being the ugleist fans in the NFL.

Clearly all opinions are welcome here, but since this is a Skins message board I must tell you that Joe Gibbs is highly respected (obviously). Slights against him are not taken lightly. Perhaps you are a massochist and enjoyed the Turner and Spurrier eras. We did not. Coach Gibbs will ressurect this franchise to it's former glory. You can enjoy it with us or continue to alienate yourself on this board. Most of the other posters here will explain this to you in a much more harsh manner. Enjoy next season.

Clearly all opinions are welcome here, but since this is a Skins message board I must tell you that Joe Gibbs is highly respected (obviously). Slights against him are not taken lightly. Perhaps you are a massochist and enjoyed the Turner and Spurrier eras. We did not. Coach Gibbs will ressurect this franchise to it's former glory. You can enjoy it with us or continue to alienate yourself on this board. Most of the other posters here will explain this to you in a much more harsh manner. Enjoy next season.

Well said. I think he just enjoys the attention it brings him. I have yet to see him make a productive post regarding anything. Everything he writes is anti-Gibbs, anti-Brunell. Most of which is highly opinionated.

Of course I'll be cheering. He'll be on his back most of time he's out there on the feild. Preseason or not, Gibbs and Co. aren't going to let Ramsey look good against us. After trading him away? Hell no. He won't last more then a couple series, it's gonna be that type of ball game.

For several years now, we have been a starting point for quarterbacks. I still have no idea why we let Trent Green go to KC. Patrick Ramsey always showed great promise and poise on and off the field. He gave all of us hope for the future when we had no coaching staff. As with Green, Patrick will do just fine with or without my cheering. I will cheer him on as I do Green and Stephen Davis against every team except the SKINS.

"In Gibbs we Trust"

For several years now, we have been a starting point for quarterbacks. I still have no idea why we let Trent Green go to KC. Patrick Ramsey always showed great promise and poise on and off the field. He gave all of us hope for the future when we had no coaching staff. As with Green, Patrick will do just fine with or without my cheering. I will cheer him on as I do Green and Stephen Davis against every team except the SKINS.

"In Gibbs we Trust"

trent green left during the transition of ownership between the jkc estate and the dan. we could do nothing about it, i doubt we wanted to let him go.

Root for him unless he's playing us...I think when he was first announced at FED-EX I would cheer..after that...all bets are off. Unfortunately for Patrick, I think he is at best gonna be a career back-up..Spurrier ruined the guy.:mad: I hope thats not the case, he handles himself well.

Guest santana4prez
I thought wisdom came with age but obviously I was wrong. Since you seem to know Coach Gibbs personally we would all appreciate hearing his insight regarding his thoughts on next years season.

Aditionally your dog must be a Dallas fan because that was the only insult I have ever heard him make...regarding Dallas fans being the ugleist fans in the NFL.

This makes me so happy when i think of Crazyhorse1.221864.gif

#2 receivers aren't typically assigned the task drawing double coverage. if you're drawing double coverage, you're usually a #1.

True. However, people of this board like to pretend that Patten's presence took pressure off Moss, which only drawing double coverage would do. Thrash drew the same coverage Patten drew. Hence, Patten's disappearance didn't cause Brunell's drop off to Moss-- Brunell did.

The fact that Patten was never able to assist Moss in the first place was the primary reason Gibbs let Patten go on IR. He simply flopped. 22 catches in 9 games. Arkansas' Matt Jones, an ex-qb starting as a rookie for Carolina, had twice the catches and 5 TD grads. So did rookie TE Miller have twice the catches (plus 6 DT's). So did other rookies we paid no attention to in the draft.

Fact: We needed a second guy drawing two (a need now meant) and went for a role player instead.

I will cheer him. He handled himself with class the entire time he was here. He is a professional and would have liked to keep him.

Unfortunately - he is Jay Schroeder w/o the ego. There just wasn't anyone to give us a Jim Lachey in return

HE IS NOT A REDSKIN!!!

so why cheer for another TEAM!

give bck your fan card;

TRUE SKINS only cheer for THEIR OWN SQUAD!!!!

& thats the truth :point2sky :helmet: :point2sky

Archived