Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When Ramsey gets in ....

bryceb07

I cheer him, like I'll cheer for Smoot....and in the past, we've cheered Stephen Davis.

Ramsey did nothing but be a good teammate all last year when he got a raw deal.

I don't have a problem with him, but i disagree that he got a raw deal..

the tulane turnover torpedos problems on the field were all brought on by his inability to compete at this level.

he got his chance, and didn't jump on it.... its very rare in the nfl.. except in joey harringtons case, that a qb can crap the bed on such a regular basis and still keep his starting job.....

i wish ramsey well, but also im sure he will feel right at home in NY as he has NO CHANCe.. ill repeat.. no CHance of starting over pennington or leinert(whom they will draft)

The difference between Smoot and Ramsey is that Smoot left and intimated that he was glad to be going to an organization that understood how to win.

Well, after a year in Minny and watching the Redskins in the playoffs, congrats Fred on your decision.

Hope there is enough ice fishing and ice sculpture to keep you busy in season :laugh:

This is the best argument that I've heard so far.

I love the dances. I even went to Chad Johnson's web site and suggested a celebration for him (believe it or not he has a forum for that). He should take the ball, pretend it's a grenade, pull the pin w/ his teeth, lob it over his shoulder, and "hit the deck". Endzone celebrations are also another way of getting non-sports fans interested. My wife may not love football, but she enjoys watching the creative ways scoring is celebrated, and if that is what it takes for her not to complain that I watch too much football than I'm all for it.

Silly question. Why would anyone boo him?

I won't boo him but I'm going to have to disagree with part of your post. Ramsey and Smoot aren't on the same level as Stephen Davis, especially Smoot. Smoot left for a very small difference in money, Ramsey just didn't fit here and needed a fresh start. Davis, on the other hand, was one of the toughest, grittiest and most exemplary Redskins we've had in a long time and he was chased out by an IDIOT of a coach who knew nothing about the NFL and only cared to try his "system" at that level. Spurrier didn't even care about the health of his players as was made obvious by the fact that he made no effort to protect PR, just kept calling pass plays to get him killed. Spurrier was a ****ing disgrace, disrespected the spirit of the game, showed no concern for the well being of his players, didn't work half as hard as his contemporaries and thank God he's gone. Personally, I hope he never wins another game as a football coach. I'll never forgive him for running out Davis like that, Stephen was a true Redskin. **** Spurrier.

Sorry for ranting, as you might have noticed, I've got some strong feelings in relation to the Ol Ball *****.

I hope he passes for about 7 touchdowns and 600 yards against us and loses

because our KRs Moss and Randal El return 7 kickoffs for touchdowns and Collins (subbing for an injured Brunel) picks up about 16 yrs passing and leads us to a 75 yd field from our own 25. After the game, I hope that Gibbs is persuaded to take the paper bag off his head and get rid of the Kick Me sign on his butt.

I won't boo him but I'm going to have to disagree with part of your post. Ramsey and Smoot aren't on the same level as Stephen Davis, especially Smoot. Smoot left for a very small difference in money, Ramsey just didn't fit here and needed a fresh start. Davis, on the other hand, was one of the toughest, grittiest and most exemplary Redskins we've had in a long time and he was chased out by an IDIOT of a coach who knew nothing about the NFL and only cared to try his "system" at that level. Spurrier didn't even care about the health of his players as was made obvious by the fact that he made no effort to protect PR, just kept calling pass plays to get him killed. Spurrier was a ****ing disgrace, disrespected the spirit of the game, showed no concern for the well being of his players, didn't work half as hard as his contemporaries and thank God he's gone. Personally, I hope he never wins another game as a football coach. I'll never forgive him for running out Davis like that, Stephen was a true Redskin. **** Spurrier.

Sorry for ranting, as you might have noticed, I've got some strong feelings in relation to the Ol Ball *****.

You sir, deserve some internet cookies. I completely agree with you. PR's downfall was having Spurrier as a coach. The offensive linemen were good that year but the blockin scheme was elementary. That directly led to PR not being comfortable in the pocket and gave him happy feet. I don't know what made him hold the ball too long, but I hope he ditches that habit and does well for the Jets!

Stephen Davis was the MAN. Believin in Stephen! I was shocked when we let him go, and I too will never forgive Spurrier for that.

Smoot on the other hand left for more money and now he will suffer through another 8-8 season (or worse) with the Vikings. Screw him. And screw Antonio Pierce too. I use to cheer for that guy all the time and wish him well but all he does now is trash the skins. So I'd boo him.

Guest santana4prez

Ill cheer Ramsey as he comes in b/c he handled the whole Bru thing with class last season, but after that I hope we have a INT fest.:laugh:

Don't watch any South Carolina games this year is my suggestion.

I hope he passes for about 7 touchdowns and 600 yards against us and loses

because our KRs Moss and Randal El return 7 kickoffs for touchdowns and Collins (subbing for an injured Brunel) picks up about 16 yrs passing and leads us to a 75 yd field from our own 25. After the game, I hope that Gibbs is persuaded to take the paper bag off his head and get rid of the Kick Me sign on his butt.

...this from the QB think-tank that wondered in another thread why on earth Gibbs didn't put Patten back in after he healed (somehow not knowing Patten had been put on IR). Oh, that fiendish paper bag!

I'm always a bit taken-aback when one of the "I always say the same stuff in any remotely related thread" guys reveals they have formed their unibeam viewpoints unburdened by basic awareness of what's really taking place on the team or on the field.

As for Ramsey, who's an exceptional guy, I'll applaud, but only wish him well when he's not playing us.

Archived