Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Insider: Chat with Pro Football Weekly tidbits

bubba9497

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=11222

click link for full article

Chat with Pro Football Weekly

Brendon (Baltimore): Why does the media hate the Redskins so much?

Dan Arkush: (4:48 PM ET ) Well, Daniel Snyder isn't the easiest guy to like. I don't know, though, that he's necessarily hated. I just think he flaunts his finances a bit too wrecklessly. I mean, his latest free agent stash is a perfect example. Adam Archuleta stunk last year. So did Andre Carter. And the receivers are all small guys who are indistinguishable from one another. Im a big Joe Gibbs fan, though. and a bigger Gregg williams fan.

George (Dallas, Tx): What do you think the order of finish will be in the NFC East?

Dan Arkush: (5:09 PM ET ) Wow. That's a tough one. I'll go with Giants, Cowboys, Redskins and Eagles. I think Eli reaches a new level this season, but I also see T.O. being a good boy for one year like he was in Philly, and that could make the Pokes tough to reckon with.

Mike (Fort Lauderdale, FL): Dan, do you think Lavar lands in Miami? He's perfect for Saban and his scheme!!!

Dan Arkush: (4:30 PM ET ) He would be good in that scheme. He's a guy that needs to settle into one solid system. It just kept changing so much with the Redskins. Saban's system would be good for him.

3rd place in the east? need i remind him we made it to the 2nd round of the p-offs while the giants got rocked and the cowboys were on early vacation?

I happen to believe we'll be better than that, but my position on this going in is that the order of finish in our division could literally be any combination possible among the four teams.

Incidentally, I happen to believe also that the most vulnerable team to finishing last is indeed the Eagles given that they've done the least to improve themselves in the division over the last two years.

I think the skins and the eagles will be at the top of the NFC East. People don't realize that Brunell was tossing 300 yard games every week until Patten went down to injury and forget that McNabb coming back makes the Eagles INSTANTLY better.

"but I also see T.O. being a good boy for one year like he was in Philly"

This seems to be the popular position in the media so far this offseason. It is simply wishfull thinking and lazy journalism. Someone suggested this idea and it is being picked up by many writers (the easy way to fill a column, just regurgitate what everyone else is swallowing).

There is no way he settles down and remains submissive for an entire season. At the very least, he will cause his destruction mid to late season when it will hurt Dallas the most.

I never can understand the reasoning. Dallas lost its best guard in Allen its best D-tackle in Glover also lost Dat Wyn(spelling?) lost Key and added T.O., but some how they got better than us????? I don't think so.

:logo: I AGREE with You - TOTALLY!!!

:2cents: Incidentally: The LB's Name's CORRECT Spelling is: DAT NYUGEN (pronounced: "win"). I believe he's Vietnamese-American.

I think the skins and the eagles will be at the top of the NFC East. People don't realize that Brunell was tossing 300 yard games every week until Patten went down to injury and forget that McNabb coming back makes the Eagles INSTANTLY better.

People are underestimating the Iggles. The NFC East is going to be WIDE OPEN.

This guy just sounds ignorant, he loves Joe Gibbs but loves Williams more? I know Williams is great but Gibbs has 3 friggin rings. Archuleta and Carter stunk last year...come on that is a bit much. Our small wideouts? The two top WR in the league were 5'9. Who the hell is Dan Arkush anyways, sounds like he is answering these chats with the objectivity of Joe Schmoe, homer fan...

I never can understand the reasoning. Dallas lost its best guard in Allen its best D-tackle in Glover also lost Dat Wyn(spelling?) lost Key and added T.O., but some how they got better than us????? I don't think so.

There is no thinking about it "We are simply better than anyone in the East" HANDS DOWN!!!

We are hated because we made absolute fools of the media last year and now it is painfully obvious to all the haters out there that we are back and being built to be there for a long time, unlike how the Cowboys will be old very quickly "Typical Parcells.... He will be gone after another year like he had and the team will need to be rebuilt!!! He has done this everywhere he has left!!!!

I was real impressed how the Giants showed up in their house in the playoffs against Carolina!!! Eli really showed me something in that game!!!

We had no offense and beat TB and then go to Seattle and again have no offense but still maage to scare the living SH** out of them and only a FG in the last minutes of that game allowed them and their fans to breathe...

Carolina got crushed by Seattle but somehow is again one of the top favorites...and we are considered to finish 3rd out of 4 teams in our division. Go Figure????

We were picked for 4-12 last year and finished 10-6 and 2nd round of the playoff's so the experts were close.........and will be about as accurate with their 2006 predictions for us.

Adam Archuleta stunk last year. So did Andre Carter. And the receivers are all small guys who are indistinguishable from one another.

:applause:

Yes, brilliant. Santana Moss for Coles was considered a stoooopid deal this time last year. Clinton Portis was a system back. Brunell was washed up. Cornelius Griffin was an only marginal lineman. You couldn't replace Antonio Pierce with Lamar Marshall at MLB.

Oh, yea, I'm worried about the interchangeability of El, Lloyd, Moss and Patten with Al Saunders calling plays. I'm really worried about how awful Archuleta will be playing next to Sean Taylor in a Gregg Williams system.

Nobody outside this organization gets it, which is just fine by me. As Sean said last year, "We don't want respect till after we play you."

Come late fall, as our new Smurfs are gashing gains and Portis has holes a mile wide to run through, I'll be laughing and laughing and laughing and laughing about how Joe Gibbs has no clue what he's doing.

As we hoist Lombardi, the league will still be muttering, "I don't get it..." and "Dan Snyder bought a trophy!" Right. Joe had nothing to do with it. He's just an old man...

Keep thinking that, NFL. You are in for a BIG surprise. Just don't go saying you saw it all back in March 'cause you didn't. We know you didn't. And the bandwagon ain't gonna have room for your sorry *****.

Glover wasn't the best DT despite making it to the probowl based on past performance. He was a mis-fit as the NT in the 3-4 and got pushed around a lot and out of position. as the season went on, glover's play time was greatly reduced. His salary figure and roster bonus didn't justify keeping him.

Allen was towards the end of his career and had a 7.5 mill cap hit figure for 2006 if dallas kept him. his play didn't justify 7.5 mill. he was also some what limited in the style of OL play and type of OL men parcells wanted. Allen still one of the strongest players in the league had limited mobility. if he didn't get his hands on you quickly after the snap he was often out of position. He also didn't get to the second level of blocking due to lack of mobility.

you also have to keep in mind that Giants, Eagles and Cowboys had a lot of injuries. players they lost for the season. Redskins were fairly healthy at the end of the season. In the middle part when Griffin was hurt and some of the other injuries the skins were 5-6. when they started to get their players back they went on a run at the end of the season.

Dat was another one of the players lost for most of the season so dallas played without him for a while actually their defense was jelling together and getting better when other injuries happened that they couldn't recover from. They lost Singlton the OLB and Henry for several games. Losing 3 starters on defense and starting 3 rookies was a little too much to over come for the latter part of the season.

so with Giants getting healthier. eagles getting healthier and cowboys getting healthier it makes it a little different.

I wonder what the predictions for the Cowboys would be if T.O. gets hurt. My guess is that people will have them in serious trouble and at or near the bottom of the NFC East. This brings up the question of whether a wide receiver can really be that important to the success or failure of an entire team?

Archived