Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Jason Campbell or Mark Brunell

Scamology

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest santana4prez
Cue anti-George Bush remarks and thread hi-jacking. ;)

Congrats on 2,200th post!!!!:applause: :cheers: :2drunks: :wavetowel :party: :jump:

I am saying that this is what other people have said. I think he is probably better at reading defenses than Peyton Manning. I have not personally seen this but I have seen a highlight tape of him and I concluded that he is very good at it. The point is that fools keep saying that he can't read defenses. Probably the same fools that want to start Brunell.

I'll bet you anything that you know basically nothing of the X and O's behind football plays. Maybe you played high school or even college ball, fine. At 22, unless you've just finished your internship with Bill Belicheck and Al Saunders, there's still no chance that you can evaluate Campbell's ability to "read" or recognize defenses and/or compare his ability in that regard to Peyton for two reasons:

- you've never seen him play against real NFL defenses. Both college and preseason defenses are a joke compared to the complicated schemes he'd see in the regular season, as are the players he will play be playing with and against.

-Even if you could judge him based upon what you'd seen, you'd never understand what the heck you were looking at. You don't know the playcall, you don't know the QB's rules for that particular play and you don't know what kind of defense that play was diagrammed for. Unless you've spent a couple of hours in the film room with Jason Campbell and his offensive coordinator, you can't possibly understand much less evaluate his performance. Until then, you're just a fan watching for entertainment's sake or maybe messing around watching each play in slow motion repeatedly (which I seriously doubt you bothered to do while watching his highlight tape, and reaching your "conclusions"). And, just a side note, neither you ,nor I, nor most defensive coordinators other than Dick LeBeau have shown that they even understand what Peyton's doing out there. No matter how good a young guy like JC is, there's no way he can match up with by far the best QB in the NFL at reading defenses(I hate Peyton btw). Don't confuse completing passes to reading a defense well; there is a definite difference.

BTW- a highlight tape generally doesn't show the whole field and is not designed to give a whole view of the field good for educational purposes, but rather to use camera angles that are the most entertaining. Point being, while you were "breaking down film", chances are you couldn't even see most of the routes or the defensive secondary. But, if you do have a good wide angle camera view, please post it so that everyone here can do their own scouting on Campbell.

Scamology...your the damn IDIOT! You stupid mother #%$&@! You don't need to be coming here calling people idiots and then calling Gibbs senile. This team has only gotten better with that man here. He's proven himself already and will do it again. You need to shut your mouth. That's what I think.

Sorry if I've offended anyone else. This guy is just so damn lame. He needs to learn a few things about football and THEN he can come back and post. The poll isn't lying. I knew it would be close, but not 2 to 1 for Campbell like that IDIOT was saying.

campbell is not going to be a rookie for ever, and he has to play soon if he is going to be our future QB. we don't want him to age on the bench. not saying he should start the opener, but should be given the start somwhere in the season.

Scamology, for being nothing more then a fan, you sure talk like you see every single work out, practice, and walk through that the team does. I would be willing to bet that with all the years of experience Gibbs has compared to you in regards to coaching, that he knows more then you do about who the better QB is. Brunnell put up excellent numbers last year, and if you would pay attention to anything, you would know that Brunnell now has more then just Moss to throw too. Loyd, Randle El, Cooley, and Portis out of the back field will take ALOT of pressure off Moss. What experience does Campbell have at running an NFL offense? How do you know he will be prepared to learn and run Saunders offense? Brunnell took the skins to the playoffs for the first time since 1999, and you are already writing him off, I question your loyalty to the Skins.

:eaglesuck :cheers:

I voted for Brunell, for the same reasons that most everyone else on here has said, so I'm not going to beat the horse to death...

What I really hope is that we get rolling early in games with Saunders offensive scheme. Build a good lead. That way, Mark can come out in the 4th quarter, and Jason can get some experience under center. That would be quite ideal IMO.

I'm tired of all of this chit-chat about how Brunell is better than Campbell. I know people are saying that Campbell has trouble reading defenses and adjusting to the NFL but he will be the best quarterback in the NFL next year. He will be the second coming of Bernie Kosar. He is an Auburnite.

Enough. Let's see how many of you REALLY want Brunell to start, you minority of idiots.

Someone needs to convince Joe Gibbs that you can never win a Super Bowl with a 36 year old guy like Brunell. No good Redskin has ever been over 30 years old. Joe is getting senile just like Mark. And yes, Mark had a Pro-Bowl level year last year but he will not this year because teams know about Moss just like in the playoffs and Brunell will be read like a book by cornerbacks.

Jason is more mature than Mark in both mind, body, and in the pocket and he has more football smarts and knows when to throw the ball away. Mark does not. This is my opinion. Plus I heard through the grapevine that Al Saunders does not like Mark, he wants Collins to start.

This is my first post, and there will be many more. Most of them will be about JC!

I guess you are such a football expert that you can tell Joe Gibbs about winning football games.. Ok buddy.....

tell me that we can't win a super bowl when im in FL this Feb...

Cambell needs time to learn... if he is ready gibbs will put him in... if not.. he will sit.. plain and simple..

Brunell took us to the playoffs last year, and did so with a horrid set of recievers... outside of Moss.

Its idiots like you that make it tough to be a redskins fan somtimes

YOU know nothing about football if you question Gibbs...period...

your football expierience probably reached its pinnacle around the 3 quarter of your local flag football game...

Campbell can't read defenses? I don't know...I saw a couple of games of his where he showed alot of poise and good decision making in the pocket. Against Tennesee in the SEC Championship game, he made some great decisions in that game, was very accurate with most of his passes, and didn't force a thing.

Simply put, I have alot of faith in this kid. I don't think he comes out Manning style and throws for 30 TD's, but I think he can come in and maybe throw something in between 18-20 TD's with 9-10 interceptions. That's not too bad.

As usual, a largely tongue-in-cheek albeit thought-provoking posting has drawn the ire of some of the literal thinking (but earnest) hotheads on this Board ... SCAM makes some good points as far as I'm concerned ... the acquisition of Collins is inconsistent with Mark Brunell having any major role in 2006 ... Saunders deal with Gibbs gives him (Saunders) the power to select the offensive starters. I suspect that Saunders also has agreed to make JCampbell his project and mold him into a winning QB ... starting in 2006. We all appreciate what Brunell did last year ... but whatever he accomplished, it was on fading legs and instincts. I seriously doubt Mark will be able to compete successfully for the starting role this year. The teams's investment in JCampbell simply is too great to permit any further dealy in his development. I predict you all will be shocked at how brilliant Campbell performs next year as the Skins new franchise QB. The new players obtained on free agency will be positively supportive to a new, young QB as much as everyone is convinced they would have been to Brunell. In fact, IMO Campbell, beacuase of superior athleticism, will get more out of the new weaponry than Brunell ever could.

Campbell can't read defenses? I don't know...I saw a couple of games of his where he showed alot of poise and good decision making in the pocket. Against Tennesee in the SEC Championship game, he made some great decisions in that game, was very accurate with most of his passes, and didn't force a thing.

Simply put, I have alot of faith in this kid. I don't think he comes out Manning style and throws for 30 TD's, but I think he can come in and maybe throw something in between 18-20 TD's with 9-10 interceptions. That's not too bad.

You can NOT compare college defenses against NFL defenses. It is almost a completly different game. You have team of some stars maybe in college, to all stars in the NFL. Everyone is good, the coaches, everyone. To compare college ball with the NFL... is.... not smart to say the least.

As usual, a largely tongue-in-cheek albeit thought-provoking posting has drawn the ire of some of the literal thinking (but earnest) hotheads on this Board ... SCAM makes some good points as far as I'm concerned ...
Stop spinning everything. He called people morons and made outrageous claims.

Guest santana4prez
Stop spinning everything. He called people morons and made outrageous claims.

Scamology called Gibbs senile and callled Brunell fans a minority of idiots. I agree with you Mooka ,and I think Scamology should be banned.

:banhim: :banhim: :banhim: :banhim: :banhim: :banhim: :banhim: :banhim: :banhim: :banhim: :banhim: :banhim:

BAN SCAMOLOGY:laugh:

UPDATE: BRUUUUUUUUUUU 230-180 Im loving it bababa baba.

Can you make it a requirment that before anyone votes in this pole they must watch our very offensive, offensive highlights of the Tampa playoff game?
Who cares? We won that game! A win is a win. Obviously they did everything right on offense, because they won. Even if they didn't produce numbers, they proved that they didn't have to.

Clint

Who cares? We won that game! A win is a win. Obviously they did everything right on offense, because they won. Even if they didn't produce numbers, they proved that they didn't have to.

Clint

You are exactly right! As I stated earlier in this thread, this team is good enough to beat many teams without production form the QB position. We found out a week later that we couldnt beat Seatle without our QB producing and I think we are going to have trouble with most teams that can score points. The one thing that we do have going is that I believe we have improved our defense....

In some ways though, I am beginning to warm up a little more to accepting Brunnell as our starting QB. Heck, if JG can win another superbowl without a QB (or Brunnell which ever you want to call it) then he should be recognized as the greatest coach of all time and not Vince Lombardi.

What the heck! I just talked myself into it!!! Im on board as a Brunnell backer! My new slogan....Our team can beat your team and we will even spot you by using Brunnell at QB!

Guest santana4prez
You are exactly right! As I stated earlier in this thread, this team is good enough to beat many teams without production form the QB position. We found out a week later that we couldnt beat Seatle without our QB producing and I think we are going to have trouble with most teams that can score points. The one thing that we do have going is that I believe we have improved our defense....

In some ways though, I am beginning to warm up a little more to accepting Brunnell as our starting QB. Heck, if JG can win another superbowl without a QB (or Brunnell which ever you want to call it) then he should be recognized as the greatest coach of all time and not Vince Lombardi.

What the heck! I just talked myself into it!!! Im on board as a Brunnell backer! My new slogan....Our team can beat your team and we will even spot you by using Brunnell at QB!

Brunell wasnt great down the stretch but Id like to see you produce pts in the playoffs with Portis banged up , Moss double covered and you have to hope Taylor Jacobs dosent drop another pass. Oops did I forget Cory Raymer playing guard.:doh:

You said if Gibbs can win another Sb without a QB.:wtf: Look at Brunells numbers their better than a Dilfer type of QB. Brunell won games this year for us with his arms and legs and the only game where it was Brus fault the offense played poorly was the Arizona game and we won that one.

I'm tired of all of this chit-chat about how Brunell is better than Campbell. I know people are saying that Campbell has trouble reading defenses and adjusting to the NFL but he will be the best quarterback in the NFL next year. He will be the second coming of Bernie Kosar. He is an Auburnite.

Enough. Let's see how many of you REALLY want Brunell to start, you minority of idiots.

Someone needs to convince Joe Gibbs that you can never win a Super Bowl with a 36 year old guy like Brunell. No good Redskin has ever been over 30 years old. Joe is getting senile just like Mark. And yes, Mark had a Pro-Bowl level year last year but he will not this year because teams know about Moss just like in the playoffs and Brunell will be read like a book by cornerbacks.

Jason is more mature than Mark in both mind, body, and in the pocket and he has more football smarts and knows when to throw the ball away. Mark does not. This is my opinion. Plus I heard through the grapevine that Al Saunders does not like Mark, he wants Collins to start.

This is my first post, and there will be many more. Most of them will be about JC!

This post is completely delusional and is barely worth responding to. If you know so much ****ing more than Joe Gibbs then go apply for the job. Here's the link http://www.redskins.com/contact/ . Wow, I really just can't believe some of the things people post on here sometimes. BTW, which grapevine was it that you heard Saunders doesn't like Mark?

Edit: small minority of idiots, eh? :applause: :doh: I'll gladly be lumped into ANY group of "idiots" that includes Joe Gibbs and the Redskins coaching staff.

Archived