Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Jason Campbell or Mark Brunell

Scamology

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The starting job should belong to MB until he can no longer perfrom. It makes no sense to start a rookie, then fall back to an older veteren. Start the vet, keep the rookie for backup.

There is no doubt in my mind that JC is the future of this franchise, but I simply do not understand thrusting him into a starting job that a) he may not be ready for and B) we have a proven vet coming off of an 10-6 season with a playoff victory.

We all noticed how much MB lost after the injury in the NYG game, but before that his scrambling, despite his age, was one of the things that kept us in games. I know he is not going to make many plays with his feet, but think back to the night of Monday Sept. 19, 2005 in Little-D, if MB does not pick up most of that 3rd and long, the comeback doesn't happen.

Todd Collins will not throw a pass for this team. In fact I hear he has begun strict offseason workouts so that he can hold more clipboards for Saunders.

Just my :2cents:

Hail

well said

Plus I heard through the grapevine that Al Saunders does not like Mark, he wants Collins to start.

This is my first post, and there will be many more. Most of them will be about JC!

What grapevine. Don't post something like this unless you have something to back it up. Unless you are "Andyman". He has proven that he has a reliable source within the Redskin organization.

Just wait until everyone has voted. Watch, Campbell will win the voting by a 2 to 1 margin.

That was a joke, right? I honestly expect Brunell to win the vote on this one and I even voted for Jason Campbell.

My logic, of course, is that with the addition of Saunders and a plethora of new weapons on offense it might be best to stick in JC and let the offense gel with him in under the new system this season. I really don't care either way and think Brunell will without a doubt be capable of leading us deep into the playoffs... but I am a bit antsy to see what JC can do starting at the next level. One could argue that Roethlisberger and Palmer have pretty much ruined my patience for developing young QBs.

I am saying that this is what other people have said. I think he is probably better at reading defenses than Peyton Manning. I have not personally seen this but I have seen a highlight tape of him and I concluded that he is very good at it. The point is that fools keep saying that he can't read defenses. Probably the same fools that want to start Brunell.

Wow... Lets all make statements with nothing to back it up. ART LIKES HAIRY LADIES!

Seriously... Until we see Campbell do anything, I am sticking with Mark.

Enough. Let's see how many of you REALLY want Brunell to start, you minority of idiots.

Apparently its closer than you thought. Perosnally, I'm happy to have both, though Campbell hasn't been in the game yet, I feel pretty good about him. I think Mark can do real well this year for many of the factors you allude to as having been covered in...what did you call it?..oh, yeh :) "chitchat"...

I think another poll that would be much more one-sided would be something like:

"How many think scamology will be just reading within 7 days if he wanders into too many more minorities of idiots?"

No good Redskin has ever been over 30 years old.

Theisman was 32 when he played in his 1st of 2 Superbowls

Doug Williams 34 when we won the Superbowl he played in and was Superbowl MVP

Rypien was 29 when we won the Superbowl he played in and was Superbowl MVP

there are probably about 2 dozen other players over 30 on those Superbowl teams.

We've only seen Jason Campbell play in 2 4th quarter pre-season appearances so far. - Why don't we wait to see a little more from him first.

Apparently its closer than you thought. Perosnally, I'm happy to have both, though Campbell hasn't been in the game yet, I feel pretty good about him. I think Mark can do real well this year for many of the factors you allude to as having been covered in...what did you call it?..oh, yeh :) "chitchat"...

I think another poll that would be much more one-sided would be something like:

"How many think scamology will be just reading within 7 days if he wanders into too many more minorities of idiots?"

*raises hand*

I really do not get this guy. Someone is really obsessed. Maybe it is Jason Campbell or one of his family members.

*raises hand*

I really do not get this guy. Someone is really obsessed. Maybe it is Jason Campbell or one of his family members.

Jason's not that dumb. He'd have to huff for months. In fairness to scamola though, at least he is a Campbell fan and that counts for something :laugh:

Like Eli Manning I think this would be a good time to break Campbell in now that he has a supporting cast around him. The Giants did it with Eli why can't the Skins with Jason? I think Jason is gonna be a better QB than Eli myself.

The difference is Eli play in his first season and went 1-6 in 2004. Jason hasnt snap once. Jason will be better than Eli but let's be patience. Ramsey had the same cast Brunell did but what happen to him.

I hope Jason Campbell would know better than to say that no Redskin over 30 has ever been good and that he can read defenses better than Peyton Manning (who is smarter than many coaches). It's a moot point regardless because MB will be the starter this season. Because I haven't been to Skins' practices and haven't seen Campbell play against anything other than a fourth string defense (like pretty much everyone else on this board), I don't know for a fact that Campbell will be a franchise QB, but I really hope so.

Jason's not that dumb. He'd have to huff for months. In fairness to scamola though, at least he is a Campbell fan and that counts for something :laugh:

I understand being a fan of the dude, but, personnally, I think he should wait to see JC play in the NFL before he makes statements comparing him with Peyton. I am really looking forward to JC getting on the field, but I have to reserve my judgements until I see him play at an NFL level. I just hope he plays a lot in preseason so we can get a good look.

Like Eli Manning I think this would be a good time to break Campbell in now that he has a supporting cast around him. The Giants did it with Eli why can't the Skins with Jason? I think Jason is gonna be a better QB than Eli myself.

Eli was terrible in his first season. He took a 5-4 team and lost 6 straight.

There is no way I want our team to go through that.

Joe Theismann was over 30 when he won a SB with the Skins & also won AP's NFL MVP, the AP Offensive Player of the Year, the Pro Bowl Player of the Game and to the All-NFL Team after he turned thirty. John Riggins was also over 30 that year.

Doug Williams was over 30 when he won a SB with the Skins and was named the game's MVP.

In addition, Art Monk, Darrell Green, Gary Clark, Charles Mann, Joe Jacoby, Russ Grimm, Jim Lachey, Ernest Byner, Jeff Bostic, George Starke, & countless others were a key part of Redskin Super Bowl winners after they turned 30.

Joe Theismann broke down and was a terrible QB at age 36. Guess what Brunell's age will be this season?

Doug Williams was an effective part time starter. The more he played, the worse he got. Sound familiar?

JC may not be ready. It may very well be wishful thinking during a long offseason to think JC is ready to start and Mark Brunell may very well be our best option in 2006. But the job should not be handed to him. JC should be given the shot to win the job in preseason and if he proves to be better or even on a par with Brunell, he should get the nod.

Can you make it a requirment that before anyone votes in this pole they must watch our very offensive, offensive highlights of the Tampa playoff game?

Shucks buck, i know how ya feel. i mean you're hardly taking a backseat to AJ or BrunellSuperbowl in your consistentcy and frequency on brunell-hating.

though you make your zingers mercifully brief and simple compared to AJ, or you could say AJ tries to put meat, however rancid, on the bones of his ideas more often than you do, but whatever.

anyway, if Mark does start, it might not be as horrifying as you expect (and as you know, i'm not on your page). he really will have more weapons and different play-calling, so even if every negative thing you think about him is true, and the team (as you have said) around him was responsible for what good things happened last year, it should be even better now.

so now we'd beat tampa and seatlle, since we needed so little extra than what we had last year to do that, right? hows that for a try? :laugh:

i'm all for an open competition at QB and winner take all and #2 guy will be solid. but if its even close, you're gonna go with the vet who's already danced the dance into the finals.

Wow, this is really close.

I voted Brunell, but if I had voted Campbell, it would be an even 103 all.

I voted Brunell because I believe another sitting year for Campbell would be best for him. If Campbell starts, you WILL have a worse record that you would with Brunell. Unleash him in the '07 season...

I'm tired of all of this chit-chat about how Brunell is better than Campbell. I know people are saying that Campbell has trouble reading defenses and adjusting to the NFL but he will be the best quarterback in the NFL next year. He will be the second coming of Bernie Kosar. He is an Auburnite.

Enough. Let's see how many of you REALLY want Brunell to start, you minority of idiots.

Someone needs to convince Joe Gibbs that you can never win a Super Bowl with a 36 year old guy like Brunell. No good Redskin has ever been over 30 years old. Joe is getting senile just like Mark. And yes, Mark had a Pro-Bowl level year last year but he will not this year because teams know about Moss just like in the playoffs and Brunell will be read like a book by cornerbacks.

Jason is more mature than Mark in both mind, body, and in the pocket and he has more football smarts and knows when to throw the ball away. Mark does not. This is my opinion. Plus I heard through the grapevine that Al Saunders does not like Mark, he wants Collins to start.

This is my first post, and there will be many more. Most of them will be about JC!

For one I would say I am all for Campbell starting the guy is going to be great. On the other hand you have no right to trash talk right now about his ability and that he is better than Brunell. Brunell earned that spot last year, the same way Campbell should have to earn it this year if he can. Also never say anything negative about Joe Gibbs again what are you stupid?

Archived