Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Jason Campbell or Mark Brunell

Scamology

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm tired of all of this chit-chat about how Brunell is better than Campbell. I know people are saying that Campbell has trouble reading defenses and adjusting to the NFL but he will be the best quarterback in the NFL next year. He will be the second coming of Bernie Kosar. He is an Auburnite.

Enough. Let's see how many of you REALLY want Brunell to start, you minority of idiots.

Someone needs to convince Joe Gibbs that you can never win a Super Bowl with a 36 year old guy like Brunell. No good Redskin has ever been over 30 years old. Joe is getting senile just like Mark. And yes, Mark had a Pro-Bowl level year last year but he will not this year because teams know about Moss just like in the playoffs and Brunell will be read like a book by cornerbacks.

Jason is more mature than Mark in both mind, body, and in the pocket and he has more football smarts and knows when to throw the ball away. Mark does not. This is my opinion. Plus I heard through the grapevine that Al Saunders does not like Mark, he wants Collins to start.

This is my first post, and there will be many more. Most of them will be about JC!

I'm tired of all of this chit-chat about how Brunell is better than Campbell. I know people are saying that Campbell has trouble reading defenses and adjusting to the NFL but he will be the best quarterback in the NFL next year. He will be the second coming of Bernie Kosar. He is an Auburnite.

Damn, I hope he's better than that.

No...until Al Saunders says so. We can't trust Gibbs anymore. He has proven that he is too loyal to guys like Brunell who don't deserve it.

Yeah 2nd round of the playoffs...HMMM rign a bell? I have an idea...why dont YOU go to every practice and see who the better qb is. Because that is what Gibbs does, he is actually AT the practices and sees the other qb's. He doesn't go off of what there rating in madden is lol :laugh:

I know people are saying that Campbell has trouble reading defenses
What are you basing this information on? His college years??

He has not taken an NFL regular season snap yet, how in the **** is he better than Mark Brunell? Because Brunell is getting up there in age? 23TD's and 10 ints mean anything to ya??

Enough. Let's see how many of you REALLY want Brunell to start, you minority of idiots.

Someone needs to convince Joe Gibbs that you can never win a Super Bowl with a 36 year old guy like Brunell. No good Redskin has ever been over 30 years old. Joe is getting senile just like Mark. And yes, Mark had a Pro-Bowl level year last year but he will not this year because teams know about Moss just like in the playoffs and Brunell will be read like a book by cornerbacks.

Jason is more mature than Mark in both mind, body, and in the pocket and he has more football smarts and knows when to throw the ball away. Mark does not. This is my opinion. Plus I heard through the grapevine that Al Saunders does not like Mark, he wants Collins to start.

This is my first post, and there will be many more. Most of them will be about JC!

what are you, jason campbells agent or something?

your entire post is speculation yet you say it as fact. its not. Brunell helped get us to the playoffs last year. and yet still no respect for him. jcampbell needs to prove himself in the preseason. you cant just start him and expect him to be great. its not gonna happen.

any, btw, dont call people idiots, makes you sound arrogant, and that ish doesnt fly here. :rolleyes: :2cents:

What are you basing this information on? His college years??

He has not taken an NFL regular season snap yet, how in the **** is he better than Mark Brunell? Because Brunell is getting up there in age? 23TD's and 10 ints mean anything to ya??

I am saying that this is what other people have said. I think he is probably better at reading defenses than Peyton Manning. I have not personally seen this but I have seen a highlight tape of him and I concluded that he is very good at it. The point is that fools keep saying that he can't read defenses. Probably the same fools that want to start Brunell.

Like Eli Manning I think this would be a good time to break Campbell in now that he has a supporting cast around him. The Giants did it with Eli why can't the Skins with Jason? I think Jason is gonna be a better QB than Eli myself.

Look at your poll over 2 to 1 in favor of Mark Brunell and I also believe he should start because he earned that right by his play and leadership last year

Just wait until everyone has voted. Watch, Campbell will win the voting by a 2 to 1 margin.

The starting job should belong to MB until he can no longer perfrom. It makes no sense to start a rookie, then fall back to an older veteren. Start the vet, keep the rookie for backup.

There is no doubt in my mind that JC is the future of this franchise, but I simply do not understand thrusting him into a starting job that a) he may not be ready for and B) we have a proven vet coming off of an 10-6 season with a playoff victory.

We all noticed how much MB lost after the injury in the NYG game, but before that his scrambling, despite his age, was one of the things that kept us in games. I know he is not going to make many plays with his feet, but think back to the night of Monday Sept. 19, 2005 in Little-D, if MB does not pick up most of that 3rd and long, the comeback doesn't happen.

Todd Collins will not throw a pass for this team. In fact I hear he has begun strict offseason workouts so that he can hold more clipboards for Saunders.

Just my :2cents:

Hail

Brunell deserves the starting job after what he did this past season. Before this past season I too thought Brunell was done but he proved that he still has it. As long as Brunell is healthy and feels he can get it done then he is the man. I do like Campbell and cant wait until he takes over but for now this is Brunell's team and as fans we need to support him.

No good Redskin has ever been over 30 years old. Joe is getting senile just like Mark.

Joe Theismann was over 30 when he won a SB with the Skins & also won AP's NFL MVP, the AP Offensive Player of the Year, the Pro Bowl Player of the Game and to the All-NFL Team after he turned thirty. John Riggins was also over 30 that year.

Doug Williams was over 30 when he won a SB with the Skins and was named the game's MVP.

In addition, Art Monk, Darrell Green, Gary Clark, Charles Mann, Joe Jacoby, Russ Grimm, Jim Lachey, Ernest Byner, Jeff Bostic, George Starke, & countless others were a key part of Redskin Super Bowl winners after they turned 30.

Where did all this love for JC come from? Unless you've been at practice, we've basically seen nothing from him since last preseason (when he had a few really good plays mixed in with a bunch of rookie mistakes). I think he will be a very good pro QB, Brunell should definitely be the starter unless Brunell's leg falls off or Campbell looks absolutely amazing in training camp & Brunell looks horrible. Brunell makes fewer mistakes and when healthy was a pro bowl QB last year. Now that he has more offensive threats & a new OC, he should be even better.

Guest santana4prez
No...until Al Saunders says so. We can't trust Gibbs anymore. He has proven that he is too loyal to guys like Brunell who don't deserve it.

I think Joe Gibbs would have 0 rings if he did that. Anyone remember Mark Moseley later in his career? Gibbs cut him, and he loved the Mose. During Mark Moseleys press conference he came out and said he was sorry for interupting but he wanted to say how much of a great guy Moseley was but the team had to make a tough call but he wanted to thank Mark for everything.

I think Gibbs would do the same if he didnt think Brunell could get the job done. Its not being to loyal its going with the best guy no matter who it is or who you have on your bench. Im shocked so many people want Campbell to start when the Skins are so close to the Super Bowl.

OMG, I cant believe you said we cant trust Joe Gibbs anymore , that sounds so stupid its funny.:laugh:

Somehow, there is cheating on the side of Brunell. Why does it say that there only 18 replies and 19 views, but over 50 people have voted?

You can vote without replying. Its my guess most Eskins members are tired of saying the same thing 100 times.

Somehow, there is cheating on the side of Brunell. Why does it say that there only 18 replies and 19 views, but over 50 people have voted?

For the record there is no way to cheat you only get 1 vote per person on here

P.S I tried using the back function and tried voting and it said i had already voted lol

Archived