Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Squawk is Cheap... I guess the Eagles aren't so cheap huh?

ThePocket17

Lurie should concern himself with what the fans think. They're the ones that fill the stadium.

Listen, people aren't upset that the Eagles were dominant from 2000 up until last year. They're upset because their dominance ended the same way it always does. No ultimate prize. It gets a little tiring. Especially for the older fans. Like my grandfather who's been waiting since ****ing 1960 for another championship.

Lurie and the organization bring the perception of being cheap on themselves. A lot of fans are still upset about the Bentley ordeal. Now looking back it looks like Bentley wasn't going to come here anyway. I can deal with that. I can also deal with the Eagles signing low risk, high reward type players IF it works.

The bottom line. It hasn't worked. I don't care if we win the ****ing NFC for the next ten years. If we don't have a Lombardi IT DOESNT MATTER! It's that simple.

Well, it's easy to say "We want to win a Super Bowl" but it's pretty tough to do. Keep in mind, you guys are bringing this to a fanbase that's been to the playoffs twice in 15 years.

If he's actually cheap, then he's straight-up lying in that article. If he's not, he doesn't have to justify a thing.

Trust me, his stadium will sell out if some of the fairweather fans give up their tickets. NFL football is king and they are one of the better teams in the league.

Now excuse me while I :puke:

:eaglesuck

Lurie should concern himself with what the fans think. They're the ones that fill the stadium.

Listen, people aren't upset that the Eagles were dominant from 2000 up until last year. They're upset because their dominance ended the same way it always does. No ultimate prize. It gets a little tiring. Especially for the older fans. Like my grandfather who's been waiting since ****ing 1960 for another championship.

Lurie and the organization bring the perception of being cheap on themselves. A lot of fans are still upset about the Bentley ordeal. Now looking back it looks like Bentley wasn't going to come here anyway. I can deal with that. I can also deal with the Eagles signing low risk, high reward type players IF it works.

The bottom line. It hasn't worked. I don't care if we win the ****ing NFC for the next ten years. If we don't have a Lombardi IT DOESNT MATTER! It's that simple.

Bringing in players in FA is similar to the draft. The staff has evaluate the player and determine if the player can:

1. Still play

2. Play in the current system

3. Fit under the team cap.

Bringing in low risk/high reward players is fine, but you can't just bring in those types of players. Somewhere you have to spend some money on FA because no team hits on every player in the draft. Just look at your WR's drafted the last five years.

Well, it's easy to say "We want to win a Super Bowl" but it's pretty tough to do. Keep in mind, you guys are bringing this to a fanbase that's been to the playoffs twice in 15 years.

If he's actually cheap, then he's straight-up lying in that article. If he's not, he doesn't have to justify a thing.

Trust me, his stadium will sell out if some of the fairweather fans give up their tickets. NFL football is king and they are one of the better teams in the league.

Now excuse me while I :puke:

:eaglesuck

I understand the Super Bowl is hard to win. But we went to FOUR STRAIGHT championship games, only one won, and then lost in the Super Bowl. That hurts. Especially for a fanbase that has been clamoring for something since the early 60's. Isn't there some sort of scientific formula that says we have to win one Super Bowl in that kind of span???

I don't agree he doesn't justify anything. Maybe I would if we had a Lombardi sitting in the trophy case but we don't. Those are the cold facts. And they suck.

I understand the Super Bowl is hard to win. But we went to FOUR STRAIGHT championship games, only one won, and then lost in the Super Bowl. That hurts. Especially for a fanbase that has been clamoring for something since the early 60's. Is there some sort of scientific formula that says we have to win one Super Bowl in that kind of span???

I don't agree he doesn't justify anything. Maybe I would if we had a Lombardi sitting in the trophy case but we don't. Those are the cold facts. And they suck.

Well, I'm done defending the front office of a despised divisional rival.

Worst of luck to you! ;)

A straw man argument? I expect better of you......actually, no I don't. :doh:

Quick, another witty movie line!

I'm embarrassed for you, HOF44. That you are over 40 years old and you don't have the ability to reason.

Come hurl some more insults! :nana:

Lets me know my opinion counts. :laugh:

PS: Song title, not witty movie line. :thumbsup:

Well, I'm done defending the front office of a despised divisional rival.

Worst of luck to you! ;)

:rotflmao:

I'm just a negative nancy. Or a "negladelphian" as they put it. I wish I could think more like WB and a few other Eagle fans I know but I can't. I always have to be pessimistic. I guess it's just a part of watching my grandfather at games.

If we win the Super Bowl next year I'll kiss Lurie's feet and apologize a million times.

:cheers:

:rotflmao:

I'm just a negative nancy. Or a "negladelphian" as they put it. I wish I could think more like WB and a few other Eagle fans I know but I can't. I always have to be pessimistic. I guess it's just a part of watching my grandfather at games.

If we win the Super Bowl next year I'll kiss Lurie's feet and apologize a million times.

:cheers:

Well, it's easier to have your expectations exceeded than it is to have them be too high! :cheers:

I don't believe it. Not for a second. I'm sure Banner can trot out figures that prove his statement, taken literally, is true. The whole lies, damned lies, and statistics thing. Notice how the term "cap dollars" is used, there's a flag right there.

I'd love to see a chart of actual cash outlays. I doubt the Eagles would rate so highly in that scenario. Honestly, I would expect the Broncos to top that list. For all the Redskins are ragged on regarding their spending, the Broncos seem, to me, to be even more prolific.

ahh, its an old joke now. nobody really cares anyway. hell call the eagles cheap, nobody cares. good post thepocket17, nice work, but around here it's desperation to put the eagles down in any way they can, especailly when on the flipside, the skins organization is laughed at for spending/wasting so much money.

whodel... not picking on your age or anything, but, your too young to remember the 80's and early 90's when the eagles were descent but not that great. in the past 4 years, they've been an elite team, and it's easy to see how you can get used to it. i'm not as old as your grandfather, but i'm old enough to remember wilbert montgomery breaking away from the dallas line in 1981 for the clinching td. between then and the past 4 years has been a long time to see a winner in philly.

Hey ntotoro, sorry I have a life and dont sit on this message board 24/7. However looking at the date of the article and the fact that Redskins fans love to talk about how cheap the Eagles are I found this article pretty relevant. The bottom line is Redskins fans can talk about the moves that the Eagles arent making but dont realize that the moves the Redskins are making and spending money on will only make them marginally better.... We have seen it all before in Washington.

Washington has also seen 3 Lombardi Trophies and Superbowl victory parades also :)

whodel... not picking on your age or anything, but, your too young to remember the 80's and early 90's when the eagles were descent but not that great. in the past 4 years, they've been an elite team, and it's easy to see how you can get used to it. i'm not as old as your grandfather, but i'm old enough to remember wilbert montgomery breaking away from the dallas line in 1981 for the clinching td. between then and the past 4 years has been a long time to see a winner in philly.

I understand they were an elite team. I'm not that young to remember the ****ty 90's teams. Those are the teams I grew up watching. I know what it feels like to lose.

I used my grandfather as a prime example of someone who's sat through it all. His heart has been broken more than anyone. I've seen it with my own eyes. Tears came to his eyes when we beat the Falcons at the Linc. I'd never seen him so happy. Of course that was followed up by the Supe loss.

Who Del, no offense, but you don't know pain.

I'm tired. Damn tired. :(

I'm not trying to pretend to no more pain than anyone else. I know in your 29 years of living must have SUCKED. And I'm sorry for that. I'm trying to defend you guys!! I know you are the ones who want it more than anyone else!

I'm not trying to pretend to no more pain than anyone else. I know in your 29 years of living must have SUCKED. And I'm sorry for that. I'm trying to defend you guys!! I know you are the ones who want it more than anyone else!

PAIN EXAMPLES.....

1985....Jaws' last season as a starter (end of an era!)

1988....FOG BOWL

1989....Wild Card against LA Rams

1990....Ben Smith and the phantom fumble by Ernest Byner

1991....The BEST DEFENSE EVER IN THE NFC and Randal blows his knee out....WEEK 1! DAMN YOU BRYCE PAUP!

Those are a few of mine!

Hey ntotoro, sorry I have a life and dont sit on this message board 24/7. However looking at the date of the article and the fact that Redskins fans love to talk about how cheap the Eagles are I found this article pretty relevant. The bottom line is Redskins fans can talk about the moves that the Eagles arent making but dont realize that the moves the Redskins are making and spending money on will only make them marginally better.... We have seen it all before in Washington.

yep, we have shown nothing except 3 super bowls..

eagles are an even bigger dissapointment because they spend the 2nd most money and still continue to be a marginal team at best, and also a marginal team that is getting OLD.

But your right... i guess skins suck and Eagles are awesome..

Nothing good has ever come out of philly... except the movie Philidelphia,, and that was about AIDS... not good

I guess Eagles haters can stop this whole "Eagles are cheap" chant....

"In the 7 years since Andy Reid was hired as head coach, the Eagles are second in the NFL in cash spent on players. The only team that's spent more during that period, according to Banner, is the Washington Redskins."

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/14202593.htm

get a reputation as an early riser and you can sleep until noon without anyone noticing it...LOL

Archived