Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Squawk is Cheap... I guess the Eagles aren't so cheap huh?

ThePocket17

Hey Pmo... Since the inception of the hard salary cap in 1994 (which would be part of the focus of this conversation), how many superbowls have the Redskins won? Looking at your age you were in about first or second grade the last time the Redskins won a Superbowl. That being said, the majority of your lifetime the Redskins have had a less than average record. I wouldnt thump your chest too hard.... 90-117 since 1993 is nothing to brag about

Triple Crown winners.......

No. 1 overall defense

No. 1 against the pass

No. 1 against the run

Hey, if the Bears are No. 1, then Gang Green was 1A and they have the facts to back it up to....

Stats are misleading sometimes. For instance the Redskins were passed on a whole lot more than the Eagles that year. 82 more times to be exact. Well how about completions? There was a difference of 86 completions between the two teams. If you were to extrapolate the Eagles' completions out to the same number of passes, they would have allowed 4 fewer. That of course doesn't factor in any games in which the starters rested for the playoffs.

Yards per passing attempt? Washington was #1 in that stat @ 6yds/per. Philly held their own in that regard with an inferior 6.01yds/per :)

Passing TD's allowed? Curiously the highly touted Philly defense allowed 16 whereas Washington only surrendered 13 even with the 82 extra passes attempted against them. That seems odd......

I'll concede that Philly had a truely stifling run defense that year. Only 4TD's and 1136 yards on 383 attempts. A bruising 2.97 yds/per. That's an awesome performance.

Wash lagged behind in that regard with 11 TD's in 348 attempts and gave up 1346 yards. That comes to 3.87 yards per. Not too shabby, but not much to hang your hat on.

So while the rankings show Philly was first in those three categories N5 pointed out, the Eagles really only stood out in run defense.

Hey Pmo... Since the inception of the hard salary cap in 1994 (which would be part of the focus of this conversation), how many superbowls have the Redskins won? Looking at your age you were in about first or second grade the last time the Redskins won a Superbowl. That being said, the majority of your lifetime the Redskins have had a less than average record. I wouldnt thump your chest too hard.... 90-117 since 1993 is nothing to brag about

wow and your last couple years of winning with the crappy eagles must have made you feel like a man... what do you have to show for it.... NOTHING...

As i said before... Philly is a craphole, fans are idiots.

I guess im not allowed to be proud of my teams past.... not my fault i was born in 82... fact remains.. i have still had more glory moments with the Redskins in 23 years than you will ever have with the Eagles...

being an eagles fan will help you feel what your parents must have felt your whole life... disapointment

Archived