Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do You Enjoy Watching The Cowboys, Eagles and Giants Play?

kevinklein

This is a little something I posted over at Cowboyszone.com

Hello again, all.

I start this thread, because I came to a realization a little while ago. I am a Washington Redskins fan, and I love watching the Dallas Cowboys play. Generally speaking, when I'm watching football, I really have a preference as to who wins, unless (obviously) if it's the Redskins game. However, when the Cowboys, Giants, or Eagles come on television, I feel privledged. I now have a reason to watch the game. I have somebody to root for!

Example, Redskins Bye week. Let's say there is a game on, like San Diego vs The Jets. I don't have any reason to watch this game, other than perhaps Fantasy statistics. I'll root for San Diego, simply because I gravitate towards them more, but the game really has no signifigant impact in my mind. Dallas vs Atlanta or something comes on, however, I now have a team to root for in Atlanta.

Get my point? I enjoy it when Dallas, Philly, and New York play on National Television, because the games have immediate impact on my team of choice.

This was inspired by the announcement that Dallas would be playing Jacksonville on National Television on September 10th. I was wondering if any Dallas fans had the same sentiments upon hearing that the Redskins will also be on National Television, one day afterwards.

Scratch that last paragraph so that it applies to Redskins' fans, but you get the point.

No. I don't enjoy watching them play. It's irritating watching them at all, unless they're getting their buts kicked by Washington.

I MIGHT watch them if I see that they're already really getting slapped around good by someone else. But even that's a maybe.

edit: Sorry, Tom [the Giant's Fan], if you read this. You're a great poster, but I'm sure you realize that allowing yourself to get worked up about your opponents is part of the fun.:)

I watch any game that is on when I can't watch the Redskins. I enjoy watching football. So yes, I enjoy watching them. I also cheer on whomever they are playing. Although, I do cheer on the Eagles or Giants if they're playing the Cowpies.

I love watching Dallas and Philly lose, but one way or another I often end up rooting for the Giants (unless, of course, it would keep the 'Skins from the playoffs or something). *laughs* Oh well.

Short answer: yes, yes I do.

I only enjoy watching them lose. I could care less if they play or not, Ill watch it as long as my Skins arent playing. I keep up with other teams i like more then I do NFC east "enemies" in my eyes. I only enjoy other NFC east teams games when they are losing.

I usually don't watch any of them unless it's the only game on or I see on another channel that they are losing. Then I switch over and root against them. Watching them win leaves a bad taste in my mouth so even if they are in the only game on and they're winning big in the 4th quarter, I turn the channel. Heck, I'd even rather watch "What Not To Wear". :puke:

i like watching football in general, unless the game is that horrible (say Ravens v. Browns). Even then, I just love having the tv turned on to football related stuff. I obviously feel closer when a division rival is playing, as I want them to lose.

Archived