Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA Today: 'Spaghetti Monster' is noodling around with faith

HOF44

Evolution believes something came from nothing. There was no initiator, it just "happened." .

No, it does not.

Evolution does not attempt to explain the begining of all things. Evolution is a much more limited explanation for biological changes, and is based on the available scientific evidence.

The beginning of all things and the beginnings of life remain huge open questions, in which theology plays a significant part.

So what happens when my plate of spaghetti resembles Jesus? I have also once had a piece of garlic toast that got burned. When i scraped off most of the black charrage, it had a picture of the Virgin Mary.

At that point I was hungry AND confused.

Wow...A religion crossing. Maybe that means the coming of the great meatball.

No, it does not.

Evolution does not attempt to explain the begining of all things. Evolution is a much more limited explanation for biological changes, and is based on the available scientific evidence.

The beginning of all things and the beginnings of life remain huge open questions, in which theology plays a significant part.

Just so I'm correct, evolution means that every form of life descended from a common ancestor and became more or less complex depending on environment?

What did the common ancestor descend from?

Just so I'm correct, evolution means that every form of life descended from a common ancestor and became more or less complex depending on environment?

Good question. Maybe God, as part of his divine plan for us.

Evolution can't explain that - just like you can't explain where God came from.

The common ancestor was a protein structure that given the right environment, and possible lightning or heat being a catalyst combined with another protein structure. These two protein strands then began to divide and grow. Then as the environment around them began to change, the slight mutations that occur with each generation began to select which ones would live, and which ones would die. Is this what you were looking for as to where it started?

What would be crazy is if it means something about Allah. THREE religions in one! ANOTHER HAT TRICK!

oh but wait...what if Buddah decided to come to the table, and try and eat the sacred meatball? would that constitute a Holy War?

The common ancestor was a protein structure that given the right environment, and possible lightning or heat being a catalyst combined with another protein structure. These two protein strands then began to divide and grow. Then as the environment around them began to change, the slight mutations that occur with each generation began to select which ones would live, and which ones would die. Is this what you were looking for as to where it started?

Or not.

That is a pretty controversial theory. Of course, even if it is completely wrong, the mechanism of Evolution thru natural selection over millions of years remains valid science based on the fossil record and our best current research.

Or not.

That is a pretty controversial theory. Of course, even if it is completely wrong, the mechanism of Evolution thru natural selection over millions of years remains valid science based on the fossil record and our best current research.

As far as I've read, the primordial ooze theory still is fairly valid, and the theory that the organic matter landed on Earth from a comet or asteroid is looking more and more probable with each test NASA conducts from the samples they have obtained.

Evolution can't explain that - just like you can't explain where God came from.
I'm not attempting to explain where God came from, you know that. I just accept the fact that there is someone greater and with wisdom and intelligence beyond my comprehension, existing outside of creation and linear time.

I'm not attempting to explain where God came from, you know that. I just accept the fact that there is someone greater and with wisdom and intelligence beyond my comprehension, existing outside of creation and linear time.

PLEEEEZ dont start that in the freaking Flying Spaghetti Monster thread. Dig up one of the old SERIOUS religious discussions. Feel free to use the Agnostic thread, it has already been thoroughly hijacked.

PLEEEEZ dont start that in the freaking Flying Spaghetti Monster thread. Dig up one of the old SERIOUS religious discussions. Feel free to use the Agnostic thread, it has already been thoroughly hijacked.
I'll honor your request and leave it alone.:)

i have defended the great beer volcano many atime in these food fights, do i get admission into the afterlife of a good pastafarian?

That's a tough call. We all know that red or even white wine is far more accepted for pastafarians. But beer....we'll have to consult the great pasta monks.

Archived