Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you're not from DC, then why are you a fan?

NewCliche21

Do you piss in the shower?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Do you piss in the shower?

• Yes
    • No

I wasn't really much a sports fan as a kid. I remember the first superbowl I watched was Superbowl 17. Don't think I watched 18 but watched every superbowl since 19. Growing up in southern West Virginia- we got NFC east reguraly. Just my luck the old afc central teams: Pittsburgh, Cincy, Cleveland were all in the AFC.

Always gravitated towards D.C.. Heck, I lived there twice and spend my freshman year in College at George Mason.

By the time the Skins won Superbowl 22- I had become a diehard Skins fan. Only casually followed them before but it was then I realized the Skins were my team!

My parents moved to DC when I was in 6th grade from Pennsylvania. All my uncles cheered for the Browns. So I had to cheer for the Packers (this was early 1960s: Bart Starr, Jim Taylor, Jim Brown times). Grew up in McLean Gardens in NW. I had a part-time job on Sundays thru the church (Annunciation), and it was dead on Sunday afternoons. So I listened to the Skins on the radio: Norm Snead was the rookie QB. And did we get pummeled by every team in the NFL then! My Dad bought single game tickets when he could afford them. Saw a few games. In high school everyone cheered for the Colts. So I had to cheer for the Packers. Disliked the AFL. NFL all the way.

Went to college in Worcester, Mass. All we had on TV there were the Giants. Watched Fran Tarkenton work his magic. Hated the Giants (but I did like Y.A. Tittle). Cheered for the Packers. Missed a lot of Sonny and Charlie Taylor, but saw them a little. When I would come home from college at Thanksgiving my Dad would get us tickets. Saw the amazing comeback against the Cowboys. DC Stadium was rocking!

Went to law school in DC (Georgetown). Glory years with Vince Lombardi and George Allen. Moved to SW Virginia in 1979, just when I got season tickets! Live in Roanoke, Va. 1980s were unforgettable. Best football ever.

I see about 6 games a year (for some reason, my profession gets in the way. Tough to be an adult!). My daughter is the biggest fan now. She graduated from George Mason 3 years ago. We go to the games together. Party hard tailgating. Darn girl almost got me into a fight with several Eagle fans this past season!

I love NFL football. I enjoy watching many of the teams play. I have certain likes and dislikes. I appreciate good football. But it all comes down to the Skins. I have suffered with this team thru the bad years, and celebrated with them in the good years. I cannot tell you WHY. I had many chances to switch to teams that were having better success. I guess we form our likes and dislikes early. At least I did.

HTTR!

:logo:

I live in australia and the only NFL team I have ever been interested in is the SKINS. the first game I saw was the superbowl where Diesel set the record against the phins, I have always admired the american indian and have sympathised with them for the way they have been treated, so I decided to follow them and I have never been disappointed with the decision, the cowgirls may be the americas team but the skins are the worlds team

Hail all things redskins

My hero...

I am from Carlisle, Pa and my dad use to take me to see the Redskins practice when I was younger even though he was a diehard Cowboys fan at the time. He said that he just wanted me to have the experience of getting to have autographs signed and being able to meet some of the guys that were heros to me like Charles Mann, Darrel Green, and Joe Jacoby as well as many others. So I've been a Redskin fan since my earliest days, ever since I can remember first watching football, and my dad for the record dumped the Cowboys when Jerry Jones fired Tom Laundry, and he has hated them ever since!!!

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

I am a 3rd generation Redskins fan. Its in my blood. My dad educated me about the history of the Redskins. It was all very intriguing and i fell in love at a young age. Besides, those sherbert orange Bucs unis with the winking pirate are so incrediably gay.

Well, I am from Norfolk, Va., and my older brothers got me into the Redskins when I was still a kid. That was when Joe Gibbs won his first Super Bowl during Jan. '83. I still liked them in my heart no matter what win-lost record they had in each season. Ever since I went to Redskins Training Camp in Ashburn, Va., I felt like that I like the Redskins more better than ever before in my entire life.

Grew up in North Carolina, and as many other of my fellow NC Redskin brethren have stated , North Carolina was REDSKIN country, i'm a third generation fan, my dad is a REDSKIN fan, and my Grandad was a Redskin fan, It's a family tradition.

I remember the Superbowls against Denver in 88 and Buffalo in 91. also the rivalry with the Giants in the late 80's, some great games between those two.

although the Giants did seem to have the Redskins number between 1988-1990

still dislike Parcells to this day for that. But that 35-7 win over Parcells Cowboys last year was great therapy for those close losses to the G-men back when i was a kid. :laugh:

As for the Panthers, well not everyone in the Carolinas is a Panthers fan,

there are still thousands upon thousands of REDSKINS fans here in NC.:helmet:

FOREVER AND ALWAYS fans of the REDSKINS!!!!:wavetowel

Because mother knows best; she raised 3 diehard SKINS fans.

My favorite pic of mom is her much younger than I am now, holding some round wood paneled weird thing with a SKINS helmet in the middle, crossing her eyes and flashing a peace sign. Mom rules.

By the way, DC was and will always be my home.

I as well live in the "enemy territory" Texas, but have been a Redskin fan for 27 years. I moved to Northern VA in 1978 and instantly became a redskin fan. The thing that is cool is that, on any given day you could run into a Redskin. After living in Vegas for 10 years, it is nice to be able to go to pro games again. I have been to the last two here in Dallas, and lost my voice in the last one. Some, less than intelligent Cowboy fans have tried to bring me to their side (as if). I am Burgundy and Gold forever. Go SKINS!

You call other fans losers. no reason for name calling. i dont know the exact reason why they are here, but if they are, and u should welcome them if they being curteous and adding meaningul imput, like most of them do.

There's something to be said of good old fashioned razzing as well, oh yea, and a sense of humor.

Gaithersburg, MD...right down the road from DC,....raised a Skins fan...my dad, brother, cousins, uncles...all Skins fans...Its a way of life for our family. Its what we talk about at the breakfast, lunch, dinner table....its the topic of discussion during holidays.

When I was 10 years old or so, my mother and I went to D.C. to visit some friends of hers. We saw many sights and met wonderful people. I remember asking someone where RFK Staduim was. The person kindly told me to turn around and off in the distance was the stadium!. We also visited other surrounding areas of D.C. and finally we returned to Michigan were we lived. Since then, I've been crazy about Redskins football. If I could be cloned, I 'd have my other me in D.C. hopefully with a decent job so that I could attend all the games and share the ups and downs with other Skins fans.

Born in NY (military kid), moved to DC when I was 6.

I was nine when I really got into football, Philly was the SB favorite and Oakland laid the smack down. My dad told me, " as Redskins fans we never root for Philly".

The next year when the cinderella 49ers and Bengals squared off, I wanted to watch the game alone so I could really get into the nuances of the game.

3rd year the Redskins...well you all know this part.

I have lived all over the country and never waivered. I am getting married in less than 2 weeks. My entrance music will be, " Hail to the Redskins".

BTW - I love all of the stories posted. Especially from the guys that rarely post at all. Good stuff, and welcome to ES.

I follow the Redskins because I'm from and live in Washington.

The one in the UK named after where G.Washington and his family lived.

Seemed appropriate when picking a team, even though I have a great-aunt that lives in Carolina.

Archived