Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you're not from DC, then why are you a fan?

NewCliche21

Do you piss in the shower?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Do you piss in the shower?

• Yes
    • No

Yes, I DID search for this for a while and couldn't find anything exactly like this.

I was born in 1984 to a Redskins family in Silver Spring. I moved to Columbia and spent the last 15 years of my childhood there in my Mitchell, I mean, Shuler, I mean, Frerotte, I mean, LaVar, I mean, whoever jerseys. Thus, I'm a fan.

My dad, however, is from Texas. He was stationed here after his Tour in Vietnam, and put down roots. Still, I don't understand why he's a fan of us and not the Boys. I ask him, but he always says "I really don't know, I just am."

So I'm curious: If you're a Redskins fan and don't live in the Redskins' market, and yes Baltimore does still count because we were here before the Tans moved in, then why are you a fan? Family? Super Bowl XXVI? Southeast Jerome? What is it about this team that made you not only disregard your local team, but pick us? Blondie, I'm looking at you for this one as I know you're in enemy territory.

Also, if you live here, and you're another team's fan, then why? This is NOT to bash them, as I've met the finest Eagles, Giants, and Cowboys fans I've ever heard of on this board. I just genuinely want to know.

So no, this isn't just a "What do you love about the 'Skins" thread, it's a sociological study.

. . . or something.

My dad, however, is from Texas. He was stationed here after his Tour in Vietnam, and put down roots. Still, I don't understand why he's a fan of us and not the Boys. I ask him, but he always says "I really don't know, I just am."

Obviously your father is a very intelligent man, that's why! :laugh:

West Virginia doesn't have a team and I live 70 miles from DC. However I've found that a lot of people become fans out of spite. Take my cousins, twins, for instance. Their father is a huge Pittsburgh fan but they're both 49er fans. Why? Because all they ever heard about from their Dad was how the Steelers were the team of the 70's and then all of a sudden when they were old enough to start following football the 49ers were winning so they suddenly had a team they could cheer for that wasn't their Dad's team. There's ton's of reasons why people like one team or another.

Maybee people move buddy. Maybee there parents were long time fans what kind of question is that? Iget what your saying about people who live in the area there whole life and are Cowboysfans,ect. That just proves to me they are not true football fans in some way. Remember in 91 when we had the greatest yrs in football history.All these terd ****ers jumped the Band wagon. It will happen again. I just moved from laurel to Pa a couple a weeks ago. Should I be Steelers fan? Well they are my second fav team because they have History like the skins and they are in AFC. Ifeel what you are saying. It was hard for me to find true Redskins fans till I came on this site. ALot of my friends would claim they are fans but after that Gaints whipped us last year I could tell who the true fans were. I had faith that are skins were going to the playoffs last year. Im ight be get pissed after that terrble Raider game or gut wrenching loss to the chargers but I didn't give up hope.

?off topic That Green Bay gamea couple yrs back at home when we scored on the Portis screen to take the lead to then see some imaginery flag thrown by the ref. DID anyone else see a False start? That phantom call nearly killed me and anyone arround me for the next week or so.Im just glad I didn't know anybody who was stupid enoughto rub that in my face. I would beat him senseless.

my story starts out with my grandma. She always had a crush on john riggens when he played for the jets therefore my dad was a jets fan but after JR went to the skins they both became skins fans. so growing up my dad was ALWAYS die-hard skins, now i am ALWAYS die-hard skins.

p.s. if you live in indiana and know anything about football you grow to hate the colts fans because 99.9% of them dont have a clue about what is going on. worst fans in the NFL.

I'm a Cowboys fan because I didn't get along with my parents when I was growing up.

Just kidding, I was brought up in a Cowboys family and I lived in Dallas when I was younger.

Can you tell me why you need to resort to childish name calling to get a point across.

Pete

Is this that great of a site that you would rather post hear or do you really deep down in you love the skins and want be embraced?Oh yeah did I mention..........

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

I live in australia and the only NFL team I have ever been interested in is the SKINS. the first game I saw was the superbowl where Diesel set the record against the phins, I have always admired the american indian and have sympathised with them for the way they have been treated, so I decided to follow them and I have never been disappointed with the decision, the cowgirls may be the americas team but the skins are the worlds team

Hail all things redskins

Can someone tell me why losers like you and this Westbrook kid have nothing better to than be on Skins site?

dude stop being such a dick. no reason to be so rude. ur makin skins fan look classless. if your gonna act like a jerk, you might as well leave.

my :2cents:

well i live in Los angeles CA. and as many of u know its raider land here my god.

ever since i was young i still remember when the skins were playing the bills in

superbowl xxvI,back in 1992, i was only 12 years old at the time. ever since

have followed the skins, from all the way here in LA. man i guess in that game

what really caught my attention was mark rypien's play. he was my fav player.

I like how you ask this question and it not seem like you are calling us 'displaced' Skins fans out.

This thread, from the 2005 forum, was done the opposite of how you are doing this one and I applaud you for that.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117909&highlight=state+fans

Having said that, I was born and raised in a town just outside of Atlantic City, New Jersey. I watched football as a kid without a favorite team. My dad is an Eagles fan, so naturally thats who I watched. Something turned me off from them and I would rather NOT watch football instead of rooting for the Eagles.

Then, this team from DC came upon the TV screen, and I instantly fell in love. Was it the colors? The way they presented themselves? I had no idea at the time because, quite frankly, I was too young to realize that at the time.

Finally, January 26, 1992 comes around and I was hooked. 8 years old at the time, I just watched in awe. I was glued to the TV and could't believe how my dad almost resulted in me missing out on everything Redskins. by trying to poison my mind with all that Iggle crap. :laugh:

The Jersians around here HATE me! I drive around with a Burgundy S-10-- I have the 'Skins flag blowing in the wind, the logo on the tailgate, and I have the words "REDSKINS" written accross my windshield. There are times when I come home from work and the logo is turned upside down. The humanity of it all! ;) Hey, hate me all you want but, they do respect me in the same breath so thats all I care about. :point2sky

HAIL!

How am I being classless I fealt I made a good point. Why are they here?

You call other fans losers. no reason for name calling. i dont know the exact reason why they are here, but if they are, and u should welcome them if they being curteous and adding meaningul imput, like most of them do.

I was born in West Chester, Pennsylvania so I should have been brought up as an Eagles fan. My Grandfather and all of my 6 uncles on my mom's side of the family are all die-hard Eagles fans. I literally grew up surrounded by the enemy. My father was the one Redskins fan that I knew growing up. My earliest memories are of him shouting at the t.v. cheering for our beloved team. I barely remember the glory days of the 80's but I grew up hearing stories about them.

My father was born and raised in DC so he has been a fan throughout his life. His love for our team transfered to both my brother and I. I am sad to say that my Dad now works for the Broncos (not that sad because of the free tickets) and when the Skins came to town this year we all asked him who he would be rooting for on gameday to which he replied "You'll see." I am happy to report that he cheered for the Skins in a losing effort (damn tuck rule) even though the Broncos pay the bills. The love of a true fan never dies.

:eaglesuck :dallasuck :gaintsuck

I am happy to report that he cheered for the Skins in a losing effort (damn tuck rule) even though the Broncos pay the bills. The love of a true fan never dies.

Thats awesome that your father works for the Broncos. What does he do, if you don't mind my asking? Aslong as he does not work for the Giants, Eagles, or worse the Cowboys then he is ok in my book. :laugh:

Can someone tell me why losers like you and this Westbrook kid have nothing better to than be on Skins site?

Is this that great of a site that you would rather post hear or do you really deep down in you love the skins and want be embraced?Oh yeah did I mention..........

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

wow you're an ass

I grew up in Georgia, and I really hated the Falcons, their uniforms at the time and the fact that I wanted to be different from my father. Well, in 1978 my father took me to see a Falcons game at Atlanta Fulton County Stadium. They happened to be playing the Redskins. The Redskins made one really good play and I said, that's my new team. I've never been to D.C. and have only been to a few live games featuring the Redskins, but I'll be a fan for life.

Born and raised in Harrisonburg, VA, 2 hrs from DC. Growing up and now, all skins games televised. I was like 7 but remember being at my grandparents watching SBXVII and unforutnately XVIII. First player i really enjoyed watching was Charlie Brown.

And on another note, 99% of the people on here are Skins fans. I havent been a member long, but it kills me to see some getting fired up and talking sh^t on here to others. Its like you have to second guess yourself before you even post on here and thats ridiculous. Were Skins fans, life is great, remember??

Archived