Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you're not from DC, then why are you a fan?

NewCliche21

Do you piss in the shower?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Do you piss in the shower?

• Yes
    • No

I was born and raised in St. Louis. Old enough to remember the football cardinals. I was a passive watcher of football with no real team until the Super bowl where the Skins beat Miami and I was hooked ever since. Imagine how pissed off I got when the skins would come to town and the game would be blacked out on TV because nobody went to see the sorry ass Cardinals.

How am I being classless I fealt I made a good point. Why are they here?

well, you answered your question in your first post. this site is that good. ;)

anyways, the area of WV that i live in is in the DC market, so i grew up watching all the 'skins games and george micael love-fests.

I, like many UK based fans I guess, first saw the Redskins because Superbowl XVII was the first (i believe) SB shown on UK TV. Actually I remember the following year more, even though we got battered, I just loved the Diesel, so have been a Redskins fan since then.

I feel you. And maybee I was little extreme but isn't the the name of the site? I just heard a bunch of ignorant comments coming from Philly,and Boys fans. Sorry

Why are you so angry? Were you not shown enough attention as a child?

Please, Please proof read your post over before hitting the submit button. It hurts to read your reply's.

:logo: I was born (Columbia Hospital for Women: the ONLY Hospital where African-American children COULD be hospital-birthed, at the time-1958; my Birth Certificate lists me as: "COLORED"!?!) & raised (NE: Mayfair Mansions 1958-'59; NW: Takoma/Petworth 1959-'64, 1973-'74, 1980-'81; NW: Columbia Heights 1964-'66; SE: Anacostia 1966-'72; SE: Congress Heights 1981-'83; Burtonsville, MD: 1972-'73; Langley Park, MD: 1983, 1996-'99) in DC.

:point2sky While in the US Naval Submarine Warfare Service (both Atlantic & Pacific Fleets), I lived @ the US Naval Security Group Detachment/National Security Agency - Adak, AK: 1975'-'76; the USS George Washington Carver SSBN-656/Gold Crew: 1976-'81 @ the US Naval Submarine Base - Holy Loch, Scotland, the US Naval Submarine Base - Rota, Spain, the US Naval Submarine Base - Subic Bay, Philippines, and the US Naval Submarine Base - Honolulu, HI: 1976-'81).

:cheers: I lived in Palms (between Venice Beach & Los Angeles), CA: 1991-'96; Santa Monica, CA: 1983-91; Compton, CA: 1981-'83.

:notworthy I returned to DC in 1996. I lived in NW: Petworth 1996-'99. I got married to a gorgeous Philadelphian Molecular Microbiologist and relocated to my present domicile - within "walking-distance" of "Stinkin' (Lincoln) Financial Field" ('Nest' of the "Silly-delphia Beagles").

:allhail: And, yes: I am ABSOLUTELY & UNEQUIVOCALLY "The Most Despised (but GREATLY-Respected) DIE-HARD REDSKINS FAN in Philadelphia!!! ("Bedda Bet-It!")

I have been a REDSKINS Fan my ENTIRE 48 YEARS on this Earth! I will NEVER Deviate Therefrom! I LOVE my TOWN (DC) & I LOVE my TEAM (:helmet: )! FOREVER!:1stplace:

:eaglesuck :dallasuck :gaintsuck

:logo: SUPERBOWL XLI CHAMPIONS!!! HAIL!!!:dj:

I was five years old when Riggins and Joey T. were in their prime and won the Superbowl over the phins, that's about all it took for me. Winning team, classy organization and cool uni's, definitely a nice combo for hooking fans in or outside the market area. Trust me when I say that being a Skins fan and living in NY only bolesters ones hatred for all things Giants, what a happy day it was on Christmas eve last year when we wooped some gints tail, the gloating was enjoyable for quit some time. Hail to the best sports organization on earth.:notworthy

:gaintsuck

I grew up in Indiana. My dad was a huge Redskins fan and I just followed in his footsteps. The way my dad became a Redskins fan is kinda interesting though. When he was a kid, there was no NFL team in Indiana. So basically you were either a Bears, Packers, Lions, Browns, or Cowboys fan (why Dallas?.. who knows why anyone is a Dallas fan). Well my dad followed the Green Bay Packers and grew to love Vince Lombardi. As soon as Coach Lombardi headed over to D.C., my dad followed right over with him. Then sadly, Coach Lombardi passed away but my dad never went back to Green Bay. He has been a DIE HARD Redskins fan ever since. Of course, I had no other choice but to follow the Redskins or my father would have probably disowned me. I know now it was the right choice because I am DIE HARD Redskins fan with a child on the way and even though I live in Eagles territory my child WILL BE a Redskins fan!!!!!!!

Well I live in the Harrisburg area in Pennsylvania. The reason I am such a fan was because of my pap. When I was little he was always watching the games plus I grew up in Carlisle, PA. So he would take me to training camps all the time. What a feeling it was to meet greats like Art Monk, Gary Clark and so on. I thank my grandfather everyday for giving me that experience, god rest his soul. Thats why I am such a die-hard skins fan. HTTR

I'm originally from Pa (about thirty minutes outside Philly) so you would think that I would be a Iggles fan. However, growing up my cousin and I would play with Dexter Manley, Art Monk, and Joe Thiesman figurines. And I can't remember if it was the burgundy and gold or what but my parents told me I always asked for redskins clothing. My dad even tried to sneak some eagles gear in there but I wouldn't wear it! My cousin and I are the only two in our entire eagle loving family that loves the skins. I can't explain it, but I will never change. The ironic thing is I now live in VA. GO skins!

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck :helmet: :logo: :cheers:

i grew up in india and became a fan of the "Skins in 1972- george allen's over the hill gang were short in talent, long in the the tooth but ALWAYS exhibited great character. Succeeding Skins teams as personified by all of Joe Gibbs' squads are about character, responsibility and hard work. They are not always glamorous but always do the fundamental things right. I have lived in Cincinnati since 1975 and the lack of a good team here has helped me to solidify my love for the Skins. Thank :applause: :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck :notworthy God for DirectV

hail!!

Virginia has always been Redskin country. But what really hooked me was an autographed picture of Chris Hanburger I got for being on a city championship team in 1972. Man that was ages ago. He was from this area and was one of the Best MLB's to ever play the game. I especially loved the time he knocked Roger Staubach unconcious :)

I'm from NY, but I've been a Cowboys fan since circa 1981. When I was just a pup, my ole man actually liked the Redskins because he hated the Giants so much. I actually understood this as I went to college in South Carolina and all they showed on local TV was the Panthers back in the Dom Capers era and they were one boring team to watch. I would have rather watched Arizona than the Panthers back then.

Anyway, that's the way it was for my ole man. The Giants were practically the main team on TV in NY in the 60's and 70's and they were boring to watch. So he became a Redskins fan. Now he's just a Syracuse sports fan and probably couldn't name 1 player or coach on the Skins right now.

Anyway, I generally liked the same teams as my ole man did. He was a huge Yankees fan and still likes to follow them on occasion. I'm still a diehard. We are both huge Syracuse fans.

But when it came to football, I just couldn't like the Redskins for whatever reason and wound up being a Cowboys fan instead. It's probably because I take my mom's personality traits and while she wouldn't know a flee flicker from a flea market, she always talked about how she liked the Cowboys more than any team because in her mind, their uniform far outclassed the rest of the league.

Plus, the Cowboys were usually on TV quite a bit growing up, almost as much as the local Giants team. Given their history and TV exposure, that's why there are a ton of Cowboys fans in NY state and I would say they were at one time the second most popular NFL team in the state (behind the Giants).

Rich..............

Great stories

I lived here in DC my whole life (SE DC for 2 years SW DC for 15). I just didn't have a choice. Yeah my family were huge fans but every since the 99 game vs the Cowboys, when we had the 21 point lead and lost in OT, When I cried after that game I just knew that I was a skins fan.

am."

So I'm curious: If you're a Redskins fan and don't live in the Redskins' market, and yes Baltimore does still count because we were here before the Tans moved in, then why are you a fan? Family? Super Bowl XXVI? Southeast Jerome? What is it about this team that made you not only disregard your local team, but pick us? Blondie, I'm looking at you for this one as I know you're in enemy territory.

Also, if you live here, and you're another team's fan, then why? This is NOT to bash them, as I've met the finest Eagles, Giants, and Cowboys fans I've ever heard of on this board. I just genuinely want to know.

I lived in Gaithersburg in the early 70's. We were huge fans. My Dad would take us to the resturant that was also a bar call Chris's. We would see tons of players there eating dinner and drinking. We moved to just outside Carlisle so we were able to see the players at training camp. I live in Eagles/Steelers country but Burgundy and Gold is all I cheer for.

Grew up in Africa, came to Maryland in 1998. There was no soccewr on TV so I picked up Football cos it seemed so exciting with the long passes, catches, hitting and everything.

The Skins SUCKED at the time, with Gus Frerotte being the QB, but there were these guys in my school, who couldnt shut up about how the Dallas Cowboys owned the 'Skins. I always wondered why they were from DC but were rooting against the home team.

So the next time the Redskins played Dallas I rooted for them to win just so those tools could shut up, cos they really used to irritate me with their "Dallas is America's team" noise.

Well, Redkins lost a CLOSE game, but been hooked ever since.

As a kid of 6 or 7 i remember watching sonny throwing the football to taylor and jefferson and on defense hamburger,fisher and mcdole ect.A great coach who i can still see jumping around and lovin his over the hill gang. I've never stopped loving them either and my daughter who a senior GMU is a die hard skins fan her 9 yr old brother eats and sleeps redskins.And it would'nt matter were we lived:logo:

i'm a skins fan b/c they are the closest thign to my beloved steelers . . . a classy, tough, successful franchise . . . i think Gibbs is as clost to coaching royalty you can find in anty sport . . . and the fan base here is rabid . . . i have no qualms about rooting for the skins . . . think they are great . . .

Archived