Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you're not from DC, then why are you a fan?

NewCliche21

Do you piss in the shower?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Do you piss in the shower?

• Yes
    • No

I was born in Southern California in 1978. Did not watch football until the Skins defeat of Broncos in the Super Bowl. Watching Doug Williams throw those sweet passes in the second quarter showed me what football was all about. Have been a rabid fan ever since even converting my wifes license plate to "SKNS FN". I finally have enough points on my mastercard to get free Gibbs Suite tickets to a game of my choosing this year! Hail!

I live in Delaware ...30 minutes away from eagles land.....when I was 4 yrs of age....I caught an older cousin, throwing away Redskin trading cards. He hated the skins with a passion (stupid eagles fan :doh: ). I asked him if I could have the cards...so he pulled them out for me and after that....each time I would visit he would have a pile of skins cards waiting for me.....as I got older I started watching football and always considered the skins my team.....I memorized all the players during the over the hill gang back when George Allen was our coach.... The Gibbs first generation era was the best....I hope this time around is even better

6 pages of posts...I'll have to go back and read them when I'm not running late for work ;)

myself, I lived the first 25 years of my life in South Dakota...no team to speak of really, though if you had to say, we were probably still considered Vikings territory. My dad was a Rams fan when I was growing up and my mom liked the Jets (no idea why). When I was growing up, it was all Vikings Vikings Vikings...got sick of it. I wanted to be different. I took after my mom at first and liked the Jets (Ken O'Brien and Al Toon were the only guys I knew). I really didn't follow football at all during that time..I was pretty young though too. Then we had a superbowl party at our house in January of 1988 - the first game I really sat down and watched. Doug Williams to Ricky Sanders! Timmy Smith for 58 yards! Clark and Didier! I was hooked. I haven't looked back since. My name 'stat2883' is for Ricky Sanders (83) and Darrell Green (28), my 2 all time faves.

I'm also a Steelers fan, though not nearly as much as the skins. My mom's side of the family were all PIT fans. One of my kind-of-distant relatives married one of their O-linemen from the 70s teams (Ray Pinney), so they had team pictures of the steelers hanging on the walls of their basement and I saw them every time I went there.

I am originally from Boston, MA which is the same as the Washington Redskins. The Washington Redskins were originally the Boston Braves after the baseball team with that name (Which eventually became the Atlanta Braves). Shortly after that, the changed the name to the Boston Redskins and eventually moved to the team to Washington D.C.

They were also the first team I ever watched, in which they were the underdogs, and routed for them back in 1983 and they won. So, ever since I followed them.

By the way, I also made sure I married a woman who was also a Redskins fan. :D

In the 60s when I was growing up, the only people in Florida who were Dolphins fans (the only Florida team at the time), were either Miamians or transplants. Native Floridians in the rest of the state tended to be Redskins fans because they were the closest NFL team to Florida. My dad and grandfather, who were both born in central Florida as I was, were both big Skins fans. So was my great grandfather who moved to Florida in the late 1800s.

In 1972, my family moved to Reston when my dad's company transferred him there. We lived there until 1974. Charley Harraway lived three doors down. I had a Washington Star paper route and several Skins players were my customers. I'll never forget going to collect $3.00 from Bill Brundage (not that he was late .. that's how you got your money .. you went house to house each month)!

I was a diehard Skins fan prior to moving to VA, but became even more so afterwards!

American Football was 1st shown on English tv in 1983 - my 1st introduction to the Hogs - hooked ever since :notworthy

My first game was Superbowl 17 and was the first thing I ever recorded on a VCR. Like my compadre I supported the foremost team of the time.

Here in NC, before the Panthers were even thought of, NC was Redskins Country and in alot of places here, it still is. :)

I became a Redskins fan because of all the stories my Dad used to tell me about Sonny and Billy growing up. How Billy threw "ducks" but somehow they got there. About how awesome Larry Brown was and how George Allen paced the sidelines licking his fingers and rubbing his hands,always fidgeting. John Riggins, the Hogs and Joey T. came along and I actually got to watch them play(my earliest memories) and I was hooked.

Had it so bad that in elementary school the teacher asked if I had seen the latest Charlie Brown(she meant cartoon) and I replied " Oh yeah! He scored twice last Sunday!" ;)

Here in NC, before the Panthers were even thought of, NC was Redskins Country and in alot of places here, it still is. :)

He answered it for me. ( Which is one of the reason I hate the panthers so much ). People ask me why I didn't switch. Since they did from their teams, Or why not like both? I guess they don't understand what it is to be a TRUE fan.

Moved to USA in 1958 and attended a Redskins game in 1960 and was hooked. It didn't hurt that my father grew up in Alexandria and was a Redskins fan, but I think it was attending the game that really hooked me for life. My father was also a career Navy man, so I went Army...glad that didn't happen to me as a football fan! :laugh:

WHAT?! this thread is retarded! IM A SKINS FAN BECAUSE FATE BLESSED ME THE GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION I LIVE IN AND THE SKINS ARE MORE THAN JUST DC's TEAM! THEY ARE VIRGINIA'S TEAM TO BABY! not to mention they actually play in Maryland. Sooooo there ya go bud. it's that simple!

I don't know exactly how I got started being a Skins fan.

I have a picture when i was a kid in 1972 wearing a Skins long sleeved shirt.

I know we moved a lot as a kid, i guess we moved every year from Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, etc.

A friend of mine from NC told me that he remembers Skins games being on TV down here a lot back in those days.

Maybe I saw them on TV, not really sure, as my parents only watched NCAA football

But anyway, i'm happily a Skins fan, and yes, i've been following them even during the last few desert years. It's so great to feel like the team is building up to greatness again!

I will confess, I also like Atlanta since I live near Atlanta, but the Skins are my #1

Also want to add, I LOVE the games we play the Buc's, and they are becoming my 2nd favorite games behind the Cowboys games.

I am from the philippines

My relatives there brought me a redskins shirt when I was something like 6 years old

ang the logo and the colors stuck with me.

when I grow up, and learn to play madden I stuck with the skins, and also brought some books to learn history of skins

and until now I follow skins on the web, I love their history and I love Gibbs

hail to the skins

I come from a Midgets family. When I was 8 my great grandfather was watching a Skins/Midgets game. I decided that I didn't want to be a Midget fan so I rooted for the Skins and I rooted for them ever since.

Some Cowgirl fans have married into the family over the years so the holidays during football season are always fun. I don't just need the holidays for the fun. When there is a Cowgirl fan involved that accounts for year round entertainment.

I'm from Reading, PA, which is about an hour north of Philly.

As is, I live in a sea of green and silver every football season. The first team I ever saw beat the **** out of the Eagles was the Redskins , on route to the 3rd Super Bowl victory.

At that point, I've been a diehard skins fan. I can't stand this area's fans at all, so I root for their rival.

Born in northeastern NC which has always been in the Redskins TV market. Still is. Used to be most people from NC, including Charlotte, were in the Redskins TV market and all of us tar heels liked the Redskins. Now it's mostly the older folks and the loyal young fans like me. I'm a third generation fan and my son will be the fourth or I will disown him.

I see that other people that have posted are keepin it real in Carolina, too. :logo:

I've always lived in Cleveland, OH. I became a fan at the age of 6, when I saw Gary Clark make some great catches in the Super Bowl win over Denver. I sort of liked the colors of the team, and I remember making signs for the Redskins-Bills Super Bowl a few years later (my bro is a Bills fan, so we made artwork for our teams and posted it all over the house). Anyway, after that victory I've followed the Skins faithfully. I've never much liked the Browns, though that's mostly due to the to the way Clevelanders act about their sports teams. They tend to crap on their teams and players and then, when they're good, they warm up to them and claim to have been Browns/Indians/Cavs lovers the entire time. Browns fans are loyal, but none of the others is.

Anyway, that has less to do with my reasons for being a Skins fan than that first Super Bowl I saw does.

Archived