Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taylor & Archuleta: Best duo in the NFL?

Steve567

But you know it's true.

The only fact is you're wrong. That much is true.

The only people questioning Gibbs after 1 season was the media. Not Redskins fans.

The ONLY problem Redskins fans had with the Portis/Bailey trade was the inclusion of the 2nd round pick. And most fans have admitted that the trade has benefitted both teams.... less than 0.000001 have complained about that trade otherwise.

And as far as Cole/Moss... the reaction was mixed. Everyone wanted Coles gone... but there weren't many suitors. That much was public. So even though a few people griped... their reason for griping was unfounded.

Time will tell, but the potential is certainly there. I'll bet the NFC East wide receivers are all renegotiating their insurance coverage for the upcoming season...we could see a lot of alligator arms in our defensive secondary :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I wouldn't consider Archuleta anything more than a one-dimensional safety until proven otherwise. He could well blow up under Gregg Williams, but he could also be a bigger liability in the passing game than Ryan Clark ever was.

I do think this... our run defense and blitzing ability will improve with the acquisition of Archuleta. He's the epitome of an "in the box" safety that Williams seems to like.

The only fact is you're wrong. That much is true.

The only people questioning Gibbs after 1 season was the media. Not Redskins fans.

The ONLY problem Redskins fans had with the Portis/Bailey trade was the inclusion of the 2nd round pick. And most fans have admitted that the trade has benefitted both teams.... less than 0.000001 have complained about that trade otherwise.

And as far as Cole/Moss... the reaction was mixed. Everyone wanted Coles gone... but there weren't many suitors. That much was public. So even though a few people griped... their reason for griping was unfounded.

Actually, none of that is fact per se. What is fact though is that some Redskins fans can be overly hyped about offseason acquisitions and some can be overly pessimistic. That's just how things are.

Guest santana4prez

With Gregg Williams coaching the Defense it will be a sight to see. He wanted Archuleta and even overpayed to make sure he got him.

Even without Gregg Williams , Taylor and Archuleta would be beasty , with him they are gonna be insane!!!!!:D

Brian Dawkins and Michael Lewis.

Bob Sanders and Mike Doss.

I'm not going to freak out over having a talented safety duo. Perhaps I might smile more if we had a more imposing defensive line.

Seriously, those 2 duos are AT LEAST on par with us, and the Eagles are probably better when healthy.

God this place is delusional these days.

That is why I am asking the 'Skins fans what they think. My personal opinion is that they have the "potential" to be the best duo in the NFL. I might not have made that clear. They will definitley need some time to get to where Dawkins and Lewis are. Not to say they "can't" get to that point, they just need some time. Like some people said, if Taylor stays outa jail and Archuleta is healthy it's gonna be exciting watching them play.

• 8 months later...

I thought this was a joke thread at first. Until last week ST wasn't much of an impact player, something was different and AA hasn't shown anything still to this point. Hopefully Gregg Williams has found a better way to play these guys. Maybe give them some freedom, not locking in at particular places. We know what Taylor can do and jeez Arch has gotta be a dominating player for the coin he's making. I've been kind of harsh on him this year but maybe they're not playing him to his strengths. Let him blitz EVERY down. That would kind of throw a gameplan off track.:applause:

Archived