Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taylor & Archuleta: Best duo in the NFL?

Steve567

Archuleta is pushing 30, wasn't a pro bowler, coming off of a major injury. We were optimistic then like any team is pre season.

Landry is a different beast, rated by most as the top defender in the draft, runs a 4.35 40. Kiper said he's better than Roy Williams. A couple of draft magazines already say he will be a constant presence in the pro bowl.

If resurrecting this thread is supposed to dampen our moods, well it doesn't dampen mine.

Yeah, AA was a converted undersized LB. He is now playing as the same guy only he's wearing the costume of a safety. But underneath he is still the same undersized LB he was at ASU who couldn't cover and preferred to stay in the box. Oh and he can lift a lot of weights so he had a great NFL Combine. Next. :rolleyes:

Let this thread die. :silly:

On top of his lack of coverage skills, there were rumblings from many that knew AA that he had left it all on the field and was done as an every down player in the league.

Landry has yet to play one down in the league and didn't let up ant TDs this year at LSU.

On top of his lack of coverage skills, there were rumblings from many that knew AA that he had left it all on the field and was done as an every down player in the league.

Landry has yet to play one down in the league and didn't let up ant TDs this year at LSU.

This is true, and I trusted that the skins were sure his back problems were better, even though he DIDN'T get the surgery the Rams FO wanted him too. I wanted to believe he would be the old AA, it was NOT scheme, it was an inability to cover TEs in the flat because he sucks now, tries hard, but sucks now.

Archuleta is pushing 30, wasn't a pro bowler, coming off of a major injury. We were optimistic then like any team is pre season.

Landry is a different beast, rated by most as the top defender in the draft, runs a 4.35 40. Kiper said he's better than Roy Williams. A couple of draft magazines already say he will be a constant presence in the pro bowl.

If resurrecting this thread is supposed to dampen our moods, well it doesn't dampen mine.

Better than Roy Williams? that's not hard considering Roy can't cover and being a safety is all about covering and being the last line of defense.

IN my opinion, we have two of the best safties in the NFL. What WR is going to go down the middle when either Taylor and/or Archuleta are waiting to demolish them? I just wanna see the two of them sandwich the hell outa someone. That would be awesome.

:helmet: :point2sky :cheers: :dallasuck

Lets get him on the field first before putting him ahead of a lot of good safetys :doh:

So what if they can tackle the question is the coverage ability.

Lets get him on the field first before putting him ahead of a lot of good safetys :doh:

So what if they can tackle the question is the coverage ability.

Not really a question. GW said this weekend that when they took JC down to LSU to throw to Bowe (1st round WR), Landry was asked to cover him as a corner. Man-to-man and he did very well according to GW. Not surprising given his 4.35 speed. Anything else?

Not really a question. GW said this weekend that when they took JC down to LSU to throw to Bowe (1st round WR), Landry was asked to cover him as a corner. Man-to-man and he did very well according to GW. Not surprising given his 4.35 speed. Anything else?

Dude...when do you have time to study law? Youre on here more than the mods, can you still see the letters on your keyboard? Almost 1000 posts in 2 months! No offense man, but get a life.

Classic thread! Not as classic as "Paloffs Now!" But still, something to reflect on. When the time comes, someone please remember to bump "Paloffs Now!"

Ok, this has been going on long enough! I have to know what the hell you people are talking about with this 'Paloffs' nonsense. The first few times I saw it I thought it was a typo (?). But I saw it again and again, but didnt want to sound ignorant and ask what it means. Well, Im ignorant to this indeed, someone please give me a clue. :doh:

Classic thread! Not as classic as "Paloffs Now!" But still, something to reflect on. When the time comes, someone please remember to bump "Paloffs Now!"

Ok, this has been going on long enough! I have to know what the hell you people are talking about with this 'Paloffs' nonsense. The first few times I saw it I thought it was a typo (?). But I saw it again and again, but didnt want to sound ignorant and ask what it means. Well, Im ignorant to this indeed, someone please give me a clue. :doh:

Oh yeah, that sig is the best one at ES, I LMFAO every time I see it.

OOps! How did that happen? I thought I pressed 'edit'!?!? Sorry for the double post.

Dude...when do you have time to study law? Youre on here more than the mods, can you still see the letters on your keyboard? Almost 1000 posts in 2 months! No offense man, but get a life.

:wtf: Easy, I'm a broke law student and its the offseason. What's you're excuse?

Don't worry, offense taken.

arch sucks

ok i will repsond to all the nice fellow fans who appreciate my sense of humor....

first i know it was a short post but he does first of all so its not libel and second it only took two words to get 3 and half pages in half a day from you guys thats funny by itself.

as for the NNT I guess you will have to ask ART or OM or somebody cuz i logged on one day and it said NNT and I hadnt posted a thread in a week or two so i have no idea where that came from and none of the mods feel im worhty of an explanation so whatever i9 guess when i wanna repost i will make a new account or something

and last why i brought this up...well i am excited about laron but i guess after the let down that was last year i thought everyone should read what they said themselves last year at about this time before they post and annoint area 51 into the HoF. so have fun with. I really think Landry and Taylor in a coupole years will be the best saftey tandem and i think the skins have a top 5 backfield. and i cant wait to see TO get the taste knocked out of his mouth....

Hail to the Redskins :point2sky

:wtf: Easy, I'm a broke law student and its the offseason. What's you're excuse?

Don't worry, offense taken.

LOL, Dont you have a BAR to study for or something? Only kidding, I see your only 25. Anyway, I think youve probably set some records, keep up the good work. :cheers:

covering man-to-man and in a zone are completely different, and when you are going up against another NFL team

covering man-to-man and in a zone are completely different, and when you are going up against another NFL team

I understand that. I was merely mentioning the info that GW offered and felt was necessary for people to hear and calm any concerns that LL couldn't cover slot WRs or TEs.

Oh yeah, that sig is the best one at ES, I LMFAO every time I see it.

OOps! How did that happen? I thought I pressed 'edit'!?!? Sorry for the double post.

"Paloffs now" was the name of of a thread last year. Apparently the poor guy was too excited when he was typing the thread and so he misspelled "Playoffs Now!"

It's not a big deal. Just one of those Internet things that take on a life of it's own, like "noob"or "pwned".

Archived