Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Larry Allen -- Possible pick up? (Third thread lacking descriptive subject)

philal0102

That's a great idea. Just what we need, another old, washed up cowboy to come finish out his career here. Larry Allen is on his way down, like a friggin tree falling in a forest. You are out of your mind. Do you not remember the Deion experiement? Unlike the cowboys, I think Joe Gibbs has more sense than to sign a hated player from an arch-rival who is past his prime.

"dont mention this punk's name again. I sick of it Nick Novak ..."

why would you call him names? he made every single kick (when the o line actually blocked) in his redskin career - if he missed that kick in OT we would not have made the playoffs

if you think his trajectory is too low, take a look at the blocking on the kicks that were blocked - both times the o lineman was so far back mark mosely would have been blocked

Are you guys kidding me? I would love to have Allen here backup or starter and I don't think he will be too expensive because he just might think that with Gibbs and Saunders he just might add to his SB ring collection. think about it if we offer him a 3 million 3 year deal and a chance to compete for a starting job against Doc. That and the fact with a guy like that on your roster your OL becomes a very good one (just like KC had) I think it would be a huge upside to have Allen.

Are you guys kidding me? I would love to have Allen here backup or starter and I don't think he will be too expensive because he just might think that with Gibbs and Saunders he just might add to his SB ring collection. think about it if we offer him a 3 million 3 year deal and a chance to compete for a starting job against Doc. That and the fact with a guy like that on your roster your OL becomes a very good one (just like KC had) I think it would be a huge upside to have Allen.

Yes. Get him. If Ray Brown can make our team at 43(?), then Allen could easily play for us. Plus, wasn't it Allen who slapped the Cowboys kicker in the head in one of their games this year. I think it was the Seattle game. That was nice. Larry Allen, Samuels, Thomas, Raubach, Jansen, Dockery.........do it.

Definitely too expensive.

Also, Allen would want to be a starter and our starting o-line is set. Right now, we need depth that we can afford. And I always hate signing former Cowboys (see James Washington).

Name one former Crackboy that has come here and did squat: Washington, Harper, Galbreath, Gesek, Turner (Worst Head Coach ever!), Noble, anyone else? They all blew goats.

:dallasuck

Definately take a look at the guy. If he's willing to be a backup you have to try and get him. He could start for half the teams in the league still, he's gone to the pro bowl as a guard and tackle, and he'd be great depth for us.

As a starter? Nah. Cohesiveness is as important as talent on the OL, and we'll be starting the same guards and tackles for the fourth straight year this year. Considering how well our line played at the end of the year, when Rabach settled into his role, I wouldn't consider bringing ANYONE in to replace one of our starters at this point.

But as a backup? Hell yes.

...maybe he can bring a copy of the playbook along with him :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ...oh wait we really didnt need the playbook last year.... :cheers:

...seriously, isnt he the guy Tuna always moaned about that was consistantly overweight...that he was always needing to trim down????

:dallasuck

Archived