Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Larry Allen -- Possible pick up? (Third thread lacking descriptive subject)

philal0102

I agree with what some of you are saying. At least bring him in for a look and see what he would want. He is still capable of making a meaningful contribution to a team either as a starter or a back up.

The other thing is that I have yet to see any reports of how RT rehab has gone on his leg injury.

You can never have enough offensive linemen. I do agree that chemistry and cohesiveness are inportant, but so are depth and interchangability if a man goes down.

I'm sure that the FO will address line depth during the draft but I think it would be a good opportunity to, at the very least, investigate the possibility of adding Allen as a starter or as a depth consideration.

Pat Kerwin on Sirius, who I think offers a lot of great information, said that Larry Allen should be sought after by several teams but that only contenders should get his attention. He suggested Seattle sign him immediately. He also said that Allen won't come cheap and that's why Dallas had to let him go. Being a backup on someone's roster was not even a consideration. This guy is going to start for someone next year.

I think that Larry Allen would be a benefit as a backup or a starter (although I dont see him ever starting for the skins) if we could get him. I dont see it happening, however I believe that he has knee problems and thats why Tuna was on him so much about trimming down. I could be wrong but I think hes got a couple more years left. Altough I hate saying it, I really wouldnt mind having him as a skin. Any man that can bench 750lbs, 53 reps of 225lbs and squat 900lbs, could benefit any team in the league.

He is a Cowboy anyway you look at it though.

:dallasuck

Guest santana4prez

If he wasnt too expensive and wouldnt mind competing with Dockery I think it would be a great addition.

He is easily a first ballot Hall of Famer,and he still has a couple years left.

too old, and wants to be a starter. He wouldn't be one here.

BTW, shouldn't this be in the "Around the NFL" section? :laugh:

Just curious..................

I dont give a **** how old he is...He's the strongest person and lineman in the NFl and I've seen him block three people by himself..... I would love to see him here, he's probably the only Cowboy I respect, although we could never afford him.

The temptation is surely great, especially if he were willing to sign what would amount to a backloaded 4 year deal that would really only be two years, but I see him going to Seattle or Oakland.

Besides, since Dockery is a RFA, do you REALLY think he'd want to stay and play behind Allen? Dock is just starting to come into his own and signing Allen would surely set him back and possibly disrupt the chemistry that has already been built along the O-Line. Another consideration is that Allen likes to work out on his own during the offseason (lifting tons of food, no doubt) and we all know how Joe Gibbs feels about that.

Archived